follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #113
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes. You can have them either stock height or up to 25mm lower. They are available for sale, but too expensive to ship in Canada/U.S. I am located in Europe.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
StraightOuttaCanadaEh (08-15-2019)
Old 03-28-2020, 06:48 AM   #114
nikitopo

Car and driver locked cause of the Covid-19 situation. Let's hope that everything will finish soon!
Attached Images

Elliotw (04-15-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 10:12 PM   #115
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Oh car looking lovely as always! Yeah hopefully things improve soon and life goes back to normal.

I'm actually in a dilemma....and noticed you got the STI Performance muffler.

So for the WRX STI, there is also a performance muffler.....I'm not sure if i shoud go with that or go Fujitsubo Authorize R again.....

I just don't want something very loud, and it seems like most exhaust are loud on the WRX STI...

So that being said, I see you love the STI muffler.....but i can't see the pictures, they all down haha

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Impreza For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (04-14-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 10:26 PM   #116
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I like the way you keep your car clean and pretty. Good discipline
Lantanafrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
nikitopo (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 01:20 AM   #117
nikitopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza View Post
Oh car looking lovely as always! Yeah hopefully things improve soon and life goes back to normal.

I'm actually in a dilemma....and noticed you got the STI Performance muffler.

So for the WRX STI, there is also a performance muffler.....I'm not sure if i shoud go with that or go Fujitsubo Authorize R again.....

I just don't want something very loud, and it seems like most exhaust are loud on the WRX STI...

So that being said, I see you love the STI muffler.....but i can't see the pictures, they all down haha
Hey! Long time no see. Personally I would go with the STI performance muffler, because STI knows the car better and adds to the OEM look and feel. Fujitsubo is a nice brand , but they are building exhausts for almost every car manufacturer. Japanese cars, German cars. I heard in the past that the STI muffler is also build by Fujitsubo, but I am not really sure because there are some STI videos showing their own manufacturing process. If the information holds and Fujitsubo is the real manufacturer, then I believe that the requirements and specifications were provided by STI.

About sound levels the STI performance muffler in the BRZ is not very loud. There is a really LOUD growling when you first start the engine from cold, but after the noise goes down to almost factory levels. I was seeing the same behaviour with factory performance exhausts (Porsche) when I was living in Germany. You could hear the exhaust in the whole square, but just for a fraction of the second when the engine was started. A louder noise appears also when you engage 1st gear in town in start and stop traffic or during hard acceleration from 2k to 3k RPM. In these cases you'll be definitely noticed by other drivers, but as I said it is for a small fraction of time and then it goes almost to factory levels! The loud noise is not only about the noise level, but also about the sound frequency with a nice deep bass sound. After 3k RPM the bass sound disappears and changes to a more race frequency, but again only during hard acceleration. Otherwise you might think that it is a factory exhaust. On the highway and above 3k RPM it is a bit louder, but the difference from factory levels is again small and it is not really unpleasant. After all you want to hear something, right?

On the performance side there is no change at all. I measured some acceleration times (20-60 mph in 2nd gear) and the before and after times were exactly the same! The only difference I can see is a bit better launch which helps a lot with my lightweight flywheel. If I measured a 0-60 mph time, then I believe I would see some very small improvement ...

Last edited by nikitopo; 04-14-2020 at 01:52 AM.
Mr.Impreza (04-15-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 08:22 AM   #118
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
I am not sure where the new Sachs (PP/tS) are manufactured. The ones I posted are the first generation which Toyota offered them as performance option in the pre-'17 cars.

Schweinfurter Germany plant.

Quote:
Hey! Long time no see. Personally I would go with the STI performance muffler, because STI knows the car better and adds to the OEM look and feel. Fujitsubo is a nice brand , but they are building exhausts for almost every car manufacturer. Japanese cars, German cars. I heard in the past that the STI muffler is also build by Fujitsubo, but I am not really sure because there are some STI videos showing their own manufacturing process. If the information holds and Fujitsubo is the real manufacturer, then I believe that the requirements and specifications were provided by STI.

About sound levels the STI performance muffler in the BRZ is not very loud. There is a really LOUD growling when you first start the engine from cold, but after the noise goes down to almost factory levels. I was seeing the same behaviour with factory performance exhausts (Porsche) when I was living in Germany. You could hear the exhaust in the whole square, but just for a fraction of the second when the engine was started. A louder noise appears also when you engage 1st gear in town in start and stop traffic or during hard acceleration from 2k to 3k RPM. In these cases you'll be definitely noticed by other drivers, but as I said it is for a small fraction of time and then it goes almost to factory levels! The loud noise is not only about the noise level, but also about the sound frequency with a nice deep bass sound. After 3k RPM the bass sound disappears and changes to a more race frequency, but again only during hard acceleration. Otherwise you might think that it is a factory exhaust. On the highway and above 3k RPM it is a bit louder, but the difference from factory levels is again small and it is not really unpleasant. After all you want to hear something, right?

On the performance side there is no change at all. I measured some acceleration times (20-60 mph in 2nd gear) and the before and after times were exactly the same! The only difference I can see is a bit better launch which helps a lot with my lightweight flywheel. If I measured a 0-60 mph time, then I believe I would see some very small improvement ...

Have you ever heard the TRD exhaust? Any idea how the sound would compare?
Old 04-14-2020, 08:43 AM   #119
nikitopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Have you ever heard the TRD exhaust? Any idea how the sound would compare?
Nope sorry. I haven't heard the TRD exhaust.
Tcoat (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 08:48 AM   #120
Tcoat

Quote:
Nope sorry. I haven't heard the TRD exhaust.
I need to do something about the feeble stock sound on my new one and really liked the TRD but thought I may give something else a try. If the STi has about the same tone but is just a bit quieter it could be an option.
I know there are many aftermarket to choose from but I like to stick to the manufacturer parts when I can.
Old 04-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #121
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:

Yeah I also heard that Fujitsubo is the one behind the STI branded exhausts/mufflers. Actually looking at the welds and comparing to Fujitsubo they are exactly the same so most likely it is Fujitsubo.

Thank you for the awesome write up! I do agree with you, and I will go ahead with the STI Muffler, once I sell some extra wheels I have and use that money on that muffler since it's very expensive haha.

I'm not worried about any performance gains. I just want to replace the stock muffler since it's rusting already and looks super cheap.

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:30 AM   #122
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,046 Times in 8,323 Posts
Mentioned: 676 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
I need to do something about the feeble stock sound on my new one and really liked the TRD but thought I may give something else a try. If the STi has about the same tone but is just a bit quieter it could be an option.
I know there are many aftermarket to choose from but I like to stick to the manufacturer parts when I can.
STI do make axleback. I liked this exhaust in person. Very nicely made & fit nicely & wasn’t that loud. Not fully sure TRD or STI axle was louder. But keep in mind, you have Kouki bumper, so not sure it fit.

I swear, they made quad tip ver too... but can’t find it
Old 03-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #123
nikitopo

Tires are getting 6+ years old and I am preparing to change them. I have the Advan AD08R and looking on the Advan A008P tires. Size will be the same 205/55R16. I'll post pictures when they are mounted. Latest picture of the car with the STI exhaust.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2021, 06:39 AM   #124
nikitopo

Tire to use will be the Advan A008P and size will be the left one.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2021, 07:18 AM   #125
Tcoat

Quote:
Tires are getting 6+ years old and I am preparing to change them. I have the Advan AD08R and looking on the Advan A008P tires. Size will be the same 205/55R16. I'll post pictures when they are mounted. Latest picture of the car with the STI exhaust.
How many miles/KMs on the car now?
Old 03-24-2021, 08:17 AM   #126
nikitopo

Quote:
How many miles/KMs on the car now?
It should be close to 8k miles.