follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Hawaii

Hawaii Aloha!

User Tag List

Old 10-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Kalani27

Drives: 2014 F150 FX2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What shops to use in oahu

I'm picking up a brz in the next month or so. I will be building a weekend toy for myself. I have had a 2015 mustang gt pp on order since May and still no vin# so I'm going with a twin instead. Will be boosting probably a pt tuning kit. Suspension brakes and all the rest. What shop do you guys recommend? I havnt built a car since my 2001 gti and have been out of the scene for some time. Looking foreward to meeting you oahu guys soon. Thanks for the help.
Kalani27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
iLLDYNASTi

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
The only place I know of is Rad motorsports, but personally I do all my own work. The only thing I won't do on my brz is the stuff you need a machine shop for. If you need a extra set of hands for a diy let me know though. Ive done most of the bolt on stuff. Headers, cat back and a mid pipe assembly when it comes in.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
Kalani27

Thanks for the info. I will be doing much of the work myself too. I have a shop with a lift and a mechanic on staff. ( I am a business owner). But I was mostly wondering about dyno tuning and the big stuff like turbo installs. My mechanic is used to working on commercial trucks. My shop is in Campbell and I have heard there is a shop there. I think it's called monkey works, have you heard anything about them?
Old 10-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
FR-BLESS

Drives: Asphalt 2014 Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani27 View Post
Thanks for the info. I will be doing much of the work myself too. I have a shop with a lift and a mechanic on staff. ( I am a business owner). But I was mostly wondering about dyno tuning and the big stuff like turbo installs. My mechanic is used to working on commercial trucks. My shop is in Campbell and I have heard there is a shop there. I think it's called monkey works, have you heard anything about them?
I've heard only great things about Monkey Works and the staff and their customer service. No doubt for a business owner like yourself that is important haha
FR-BLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #5
iLLDYNASTi

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Quote:
I have a shop with a lift
Ooo. Any chance I could rent said lift from you for a few hours to install my mid pipe? The guys at the navy auto hobby shop pissed me off one to many times and I refuse to go back.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
Kalani27

Sure. Will have to be on a weekend though when we are not using that bay. I will be flying out this week and won't be back till the 18th. Let me know if you would like to set it up for after that. No charge.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
Kid90
Ball Bearing Turbo

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-BLESS View Post
I've heard only great things about Monkey Works and the staff and their customer service. No doubt for a business owner like yourself that is important haha
If you guys do the work yourselves and just looking for a tune on a dyno, I recommend Sean from Munkywurks not Monkey Works lol. Good friend and I believe is the best tuner on the island. Uses dynojet dyno and that man can tune anything as long as you got a tunable ECU. great guy, busy guy, but if you got everything ready to go, get in touch with him.

Last edited by Kid90; 03-30-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Kid90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:24 AM   #8
keonigt

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid90 View Post
If you guys do the work yourselves and just looking for a tune on a dyno, I recommend Sean from Munkywurks not Monkey Works lol. Good friend and I believe is the best tuner on the island. Uses dynojet dyno and that man can tune anything as long as you got a tunable ECU. great guy, busy guy, but if you got everything ready to go, get in touch with him.
Do they do installs at munkywurks also? Such as headers install and forced induction install?
keonigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #9
Kid90
Ball Bearing Turbo

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonigt View Post
Do they do installs at munkywurks also? Such as headers install and forced induction install?
he does, but i doubt he will have time to do it for you. The install is easy its pretty much bolt on so your best bet is to just do it yourself and get the tune done from him.

if you really need a shop to do it. AP garage is quick just got to set an appointment with them
Old 06-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
Kairo

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Garage
Hey guys, sooo I'm new to Oahu (here to work on the rail transit system) and my FRS just got off the ship and I'm already feeling like there is something different with the way it drives...I was hoping I could find some fellow FRS fam and get some info on the best shops or guys who know what they're doing that I could set up a friendly visit with! Looking for help with front bumper sag (had to purchase some new clips from Toyota).

Kalani27, if I could also get it on that lift action...let me know lol.

Thanks guys.

Oh, and any of you have your car lowered? How does it fair out here? I'm lowered on coilovers and wondering if I should raise my car up a tad while I'm out here. Thanks again!
Kairo is offline   Reply With Quote