follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #197
jdp530

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I live in S. Central Texas and summer temps are in the high 90's if not 100. It gets dry and dusty down here also. Plus, I like running the car fairly hard and I am autoxing and plan to do more HPDE events this year. Oil is cheap at $25/ 5 qt jug so I dont mind changing it often regardless if oil and additives are still good. If the oil looked as clean as new when I change it then I would run it longer!
jdp530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #198
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I think it can't hurt to change it so by all means do it.. i mean i changed all my fluids at 1k. You may wanna do a little blackstone analysis and get some personalized testing to better invest your money though.. its always fun and they send you the containers for free. I'm actually going to do one after 6k on boost with this new synergyn stuff speedfactory recommended.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #199
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp530 View Post
I live in S. Central Texas and summer temps are in the high 90's if not 100. It gets dry and dusty down here also. Plus, I like running the car fairly hard and I am autoxing and plan to do more HPDE events this year. Oil is cheap at $25/ 5 qt jug so I dont mind changing it often regardless if oil and additives are still good. If the oil looked as clean as new when I change it then I would run it longer!
get a blackstone analysis then... no amount of looking at the oil or listening to others' experiences will tell you how the oil is doing in your system, operating in your environment and driving habits
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
yomny (02-11-2015)

Tags
break-in