follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 09-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
grichardt

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Torque Solutions Turbo Blanket

I am giving my honest and genuine feedback regarding the Torque Solutions Turbo Blanket. Before I go on, I have owned other pieces from torque solutions. I currently have the rear shifter bushing, rear subframe lock down bushings and have owned their pitchstop mounts from my old wrx days.

Now with that out of the way. I went turbo this year using a JDL v2 precision kit. Afterwards I noticed how hot my intake pipes were getting during normal driving. I live in the worst place ever in the US. Really humid summers and crappy winters so heat isn't terrible year round but I noticed enough with my 90-100 degree summers. Needless to say I wanted a turbo blanket to help hold the heat in the exhaust rather than radiating onto my charge pipes. I considered PTP and DEI but price points really just had me baffled. Fully aware that if this Torque solutions blanket didn't work I would have to shell out the extra anyways but since I have had good luck with them in the past, gave it a shot. Bought it for $76 after shipping.

Found it on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Torque-Soluti...+turbo+blanket

No reviews (there is one now which is mine)
So it was a gamble. Install was a breeze, fitment is on point. Now to share how it is performing. Had its typical smoking for a few minutes on the first drive but was fine shortly after. Fast forward a few days, I hosted a road rally which did involve some "spirited" driving. Drove it 250 miles in a short 4.5 hours, once we parked I popped the hood with the car still running. My intake pipes were cool to the touch! I couldn't believe it, this was pretty incredible. Now I also have VELOX hood vents but they had not caused this much of a drastic change from weeks before.

I give this blanket a great review and highly recommend for anyone not wanting to break the bank on a turbo blanket. Have not been able to test in a track scenario, which won't happen until next year. Hope this helps anyone wishing they knew some feedback on it.

Last edited by grichardt; 09-04-2017 at 06:31 PM.
grichardt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grichardt For This Useful Post:
pgranberg11 (09-05-2017), ShadowReaper (02-26-2018)