follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 07-15-2022, 10:53 AM   #4593
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just wanted to share this wonderful photo of the ACEA350 header breaking apart at the flange. No response from ACE after weeks.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cijtjhUaGsYWxrDM7 I still haven't learned how to add photos, lol
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
FrickingReallySlow (07-17-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #4594
bhmax

Drives: 13 BRZ, 16 FiST, 05 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
Just wanted to share this wonderful photo of the ACEA350 header breaking apart at the flange. No response from ACE after weeks.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cijtjhUaGsYWxrDM7 I still haven't learned how to add photos, lol
Had that start happening to mine a couple years ago. Went through CSG for warranty. Took 6 months or so due to covid stuff. Got it welded in the meantime. The replacement has thicker flanges.
bhmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #4595
aKaGorganZola

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Do all ace headers come tack welded at the flange like that?
aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:51 AM   #4596
B T

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKaGorganZola View Post
Do all ace headers come tack welded at the flange like that?
That's how mine came. welded seam inside and tack welded outside. These headers have been terrible since the beginning. Going to get them fixed and sell them cheap.
Old 07-18-2022, 06:54 PM   #4597
snowtaipan

Drives: '17 BRZ Series Yellow Edelbrock SC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Idle issues with delicious tune

Idle will jump to 1.5k for about 3 second when stopping, drops to 600 for 3 second then evens out. The delicious tune had thrown CELs before. They fixed it but I'm again getting issues and had two ignition codes (which didn't pop on the ECUTEK DTC scan)

I'm wondering about the crankcase breather, behind and under the AC (black hard plastic with 2 hoses.) In the Edelbrock manual it's listed as a PCV valve. I get air movement both ways through the line that connects behind the air filter to that... Valve? Is that normal, or is it supposed to be one direction?

I have logs also if anyone's willing to help me out. To large for datazap, so I'll need to email them or something.

Edit: also have oil at the left timing chain gasket and coming out from where the oil filter threads on. Like it's blowing past the seal on the bottom of the filter?

Thanks for y'all's help in advance. Daily driver with issues is a problem lol.

Last edited by snowtaipan; 07-18-2022 at 07:12 PM.
snowtaipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:46 AM   #4598
EvilPenguin04

Drives: 2015 BRZ 2004 SVT Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtaipan View Post
Idle will jump to 1.5k for about 3 second when stopping, drops to 600 for 3 second then evens out. The delicious tune had thrown CELs before. They fixed it but I'm again getting issues and had two ignition codes (which didn't pop on the ECUTEK DTC scan)

I'm wondering about the crankcase breather, behind and under the AC (black hard plastic with 2 hoses.) In the Edelbrock manual it's listed as a PCV valve. I get air movement both ways through the line that connects behind the air filter to that... Valve? Is that normal, or is it supposed to be one direction?

I have logs also if anyone's willing to help me out. To large for datazap, so I'll need to email them or something.

Edit: also have oil at the left timing chain gasket and coming out from where the oil filter threads on. Like it's blowing past the seal on the bottom of the filter?

I had the idle issue with the sprintex a couple weeks ago, Was told by delicious to do an idle relearn and it fixed that issue for me. Could be worth a try for you as well.
EvilPenguin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EvilPenguin04 For This Useful Post:
snowtaipan (07-22-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 11:29 AM   #4599
snowtaipan

Drives: '17 BRZ Series Yellow Edelbrock SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPenguin04 View Post
I had the idle issue with the sprintex a couple weeks ago, Was told by delicious to do an idle relearn and it fixed that issue for me. Could be worth a try for you as well.

Do you have the idle relearn procedures handy?
snowtaipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #4600
EvilPenguin04

Drives: 2015 BRZ 2004 SVT Cobra
Not handy, you can search for them here or on youtube work computer has that blocked or I would have a link for you
EvilPenguin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 04:34 PM   #4601
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I had this exact thing happen to mine just a few months ago! I had it rewelded at a local shop. I'll grab the pics when I get around to it.

EDIT: Looking closer at your picture, my header definitely has some meatier tack welds than yours. I do believe I remember reading there was either some quality discrepancy at some point somewhere on the forums.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:15 AM   #4602
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Later versions did beaf up the welds. Mine was bought as a second hand repair. Inner fractures. I rewelded to be stronger.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:18 PM   #4603
apatel471

Drives: 2017 World Rally Blue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtaipan View Post

I had idle issues kinda similar to yours and replacing the vvt solenoids/oil control valves fixed that issue. Never had any oil escaping issues though.
apatel471 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apatel471 For This Useful Post:
snowtaipan (07-22-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 10:33 PM   #4604
Windycity

Drives: 2013 Scion frs
Hey guys, I am not sure if this has been covered, but I purchased a used Edelbrock kit with the ECUTEK cable and dongle. Will I be able to use this for the standard tune or will I have to request or purchase a new tune?
Windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 09:54 PM   #4605
Brewster

Drives: 13 FRS AT, Edelbrock SC, Tomei EL
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windycity View Post
Hey guys, I am not sure if this has been covered, but I purchased a used Edelbrock kit with the ECUTEK cable and dongle. Will I be able to use this for the standard tune or will I have to request or purchase a new tune?
Another soon to be grinning SC owner !

pages 8-11 (to step 20) of the installation manual will guide you

https://edelbrock-instructions-v1.s3...brock/1556.pdf
CSG Mike (07-29-2022)
Old 07-31-2022, 05:13 PM   #4606
B T

Slapped the JDL 4-2-1 header on yesterday morning and I have to say I'm deeply impressed after using the ACE unit. Everything fit great, the bolt and nut locations were all very easy to access and the header/overpipe were very well made. It really makes me question the integrity of the header from ACE in every aspect. If you're on the fence about one or the other, jus go with JDL and save yourself from headaches. I contacted ACE about their awful welding job a month ago and they never bothered to respond. JDL was very responsive to my questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
Teseo (08-08-2022)