follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anybody else about to move on?

Anybody else just sick of waiting and ready to look at somewhere else as far as a car goes? Kinda irritating knowing the car is shpposed to be coming out in like 2 months and were still missing a bunch of info. Hyundai has released more info and a commercial on the veloster turbo and thats coming out in summer. Acura had a commercial for a car thats still a concept...wtf

scion needs to get off their ass. Im about to go get my deposit back. Im perfectly content with building another s chasis. For the cost of a stock FRS, I can build another street car for whatever i want.

So anybody else on the same boat?
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
MarkRacerX

Drives: 12' Evo X , prior 1st 86 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yeah can be frustrating, I hear you!

I figure it isn't Spring yet and that has been approx ETA, so I am attempting to keep patient! Glad they are sighting, showing up dif areas, def in the works and Great Reviews! I Can't wait to drive this new platform, Exciting stuff, but def the long wait can be a d r a g.
08' STi, 04' 350Z, 04' STi, 02' WRX. 96' GSR, 04' SE-R/SpecV
MarkRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I probably won't. It's because I am very picky and other cars on the market besides one other car(GC) isn't for me.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Aki

Drives: '96 beater Corolla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Anybody else just sick of waiting and ready to look at somewhere else as far as a car goes? Kinda irritating knowing the car is shpposed to be coming out in like 2 months and were still missing a bunch of info. Hyundai has released more info and a commercial on the veloster turbo and thats coming out in summer. Acura had a commercial for a car thats still a concept...wtf
Veloster Turbo is an added trim to a model that already exists. Very different marketing than an all-new car on a new platform.

Acura having a commercial on a concept was a mistake imo. It's too early, and it engenders the very posts that you're making. Give it two years, and you'll have Acura NSX forum people complaining, "it takes too long!"

Quote:
scion needs to get off their ass. Im about to go get my deposit back. Im perfectly content with building another s chasis. For the cost of a stock FRS, I can build another street car for whatever i want.
You make it sound like car launches are easy, and that they're just purposely delaying it. An all-new car needs to get tested, a lot. If they released it prematurely, this same forum would be blowing up with, "omg why are there so many problems why didn't they wait and polish it moar!"
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aki For This Useful Post:
Seungify (09-27-2013)
Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I'm cool with waiting. May or June is perfectly fine with me. The whole, "must have it now!" attitude is what puts a lot of people into debt to where they're over their heads. IMO patience is most of the time a pretty useful virtue.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
Andy

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Some cars need marketing bullshit....

Some cars don't!

That is all.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Vasilis

Drives: RX8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yeap I'm with you 200%...

I was doing some math today to organise my financials to see if I can be ready to get the GT86/BRZ and it turns out I'll be paying 3 times more money per month to own a GT86 with 30mpg than to keep my RX8 with 14.7mpg (which isn't the MPG I get, more like a worst case scenario). (Yes I factored my annual 6,000 miles per year with current gas cost here and mpg of each car to the total cost).

You can also factor in depreciation if it matters to you... Massive in a new car after 5 years...But for my $9000 spent on the RX8 ? I doubt I'll lose even half of it if it's in the same condition as now just more miles... It kind of reached a bottom and going to stay there I think regarding value...

Even if I was 100% hyped up to get the GT86 or the BRZ at any cost (whichever came first and had better pricing) but as time goes by and the "upcoming new car smell" is fading and I'm getting used to its look and whatever, I started considering not to get it and freshen up and supercharge my RX8 ... or just do reliability mods on it including a rebuild and buy a 2nd car like an MX5 NC or an RX7 FD (or FB even, I love classics) to satisfy any further cravings :P... Maybe even a cheap Elise (since im in the EU I can get the RHD one from the UK which are quite cheap right now for a 2003 or so model).

Depends on what you drive right now really, if you do drive the Nissan in your signature I am kind of wondering why you would move on to a GT86 in the first place :P

I doubt it will be an upgrade for you, the 240sx is also an iconic car as far as Japanese cars go...

Did you consider getting an S15 ?
Vasilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki View Post
Veloster Turbo is an added trim to a model that already exists. Very different marketing than an all-new car on a new platform.

Acura having a commercial on a concept was a mistake imo. It's too early, and it engenders the very posts that you're making. Give it two years, and you'll have Acura NSX forum people complaining, "it takes too long!"

You make it sound like car launches are easy, and that they're just purposely delaying it. An all-new car needs to get tested, a lot. If they released it prematurely, this same forum would be blowing up with, "omg why are there so many problems why didn't they wait and polish it moar!"

True, but for the veloster, there's already a price amongst other specs. Still waiting on the F*ing price for this car........and waiting.....and wainting.

.....yeah, still waiting

As far as the NSX commercial goes, yeah it was too early, but it's kind of stupid how they have a commercial and Scion still hasn't posted there's. Ok, whatever.

Your last point isn't even relevant. The car is done. It's ready to start rolling onto showroom floors and being sold. Yet, still missing a good chunk of info everybody is still waiting for.
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Most of us have been eagerly waiting since '09/10 so consider several more months of waiting as the home stretch. :happy0180:
Old 02-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Nah, I'm hanging in there. No need to cross shop at this point.

I too, am also frustrated at important info not being released, but it's mostly in regards to the financial budgeting I'll need to situate for this car.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
yeah I could wait...if its late June thats alright with me...I just want the car before the end of July...
Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
Bob
Hattori Hanzo's steel

Drives: Audi B5 A4 1.8TQM, Kia Forte 5dr
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Waiting is very difficult, but I understand why we are waiting. I just wish they would release a damn price so I can get my financing in order. That's what pisses me off.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
I probably won't. It's because I am very picky and other cars on the market besides one other car(GC) isn't for me.
Same here.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Waiting is very difficult, but I understand why we are waiting. I just wish they would release a damn price so I can get my financing in order. That's what pisses me off.
You can still get finances in order regardless of knowing price. You have a general idea of what it will be +/- $2-3k.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote