follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-28-2017, 01:26 AM   #15
surfwaxsmitty

Drives: '14 BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Niiccceeee! keep up the progress and thanks for sharing.
surfwaxsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #16
AmorAutosport

Drives: 2015 FRS
Question for you all!

What's the best way to upload photos from your phone and size them properly to fit onto this format. Been uploading to photobucket but just feels overly time consuming. Want to bring the next round of updates.
AmorAutosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #17
dattran86
Driver

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorAutosport View Post
Question for you all!

What's the best way to upload photos from your phone and size them properly to fit onto this format. Been uploading to photobucket but just feels overly time consuming. Want to bring the next round of updates.
use the app Tapatalk
dattran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dattran86 For This Useful Post:
AmorAutosport (07-06-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #18
DIY

Drives: BRZ, WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Keen to see some updates!
DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #19
Swift
I just Drive.

Drives: in the womb still
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Glad to see a thread like this. Stuff getting done right and you willing to tell your "secrets". Some of us will go racing; we know we wont be the next Senna, but if I am going to do a cage I want my dollars well spent and it to make sense.

-92' Acura Legend 5spd coupe twin turbo project
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #20
gkubed

Drives: 15 ZN6, 97 NA8, 87 AE82, 78 MX32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
This is getting good really quick. Subscribed.

Quote:
Question for you all!

Without a doubt just use http://imgur.com/
gkubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #21
DHitHim

Drives: 2015 CWP Limited BRZ
subbed, I too want to swap out this motor because of issues others have been having such as the glass trans etc
Old 07-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #22
AmorAutosport

Been some time since last update.

Have had quite a bit of customer work so not much time for the racecar up until about a week ago I was able to get a bit of work done.

First got the rear suspension installed, like the front it's Wisefab's rear track kit, and we also duplicated the front with a AP by Stillen rear 4 piston kit. The wisefab kit shaved upsprung weight IN HALF! 34lbs vs 17lbs. Unfortunately the BBK added 5lbs to the rear for a total loss of 12lbs.

PBM is located pretty close to use so I used their subframe & diff bushing kits. These not only give you the benefits of a solid bushing but also allow you the option to raise the subframe & diff. I chose to raise the subframe simply because it will allow us to run a little larger of a diffuser and give the car a little more ground clearance from the subframe. Raising the diff helps with reducing the angle on the axles these cars get when lowered. BTW these were some of the most difficult time consuming bushings I've ever had to replace, and I've done a lot. I absolutely hate burning bushings out and will use a press anytime I can but I had no other choice then to burn these out.

Added some gussets to the cage to pretty things up and tie the cage into the unibody. Added these to the a-pillars and between the door bar and bottom door sill. Also finished up some fab for the seat mount.

More fab work! Got the rear end tackled, adding in a reinforcement to the rear subframe bolt. These not only stop lateral movement in the subframe mounting location but help tie together the frame rails where much of the floor & oem support has been cut-out. My favorite part was how the mount for the rear airjack came out. Bolts to the subframe so it can be removed for service. Added in some front shock tower supports which also serve to mount our Fortune Auto reservoirs to the coilovers.

Decided to stick with a mostly stock steering column. Being able to adjust & telescope the steering wheel is a hard commodity to give up and the factory column isn't as hideous as other oem counterparts I've had to deal with in the past. Mainly, it makes using the factory EPAS pump much easier.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #23
AmorAutosport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #24
AmorAutosport

In the meantime also started on mounting the fuel cell & fire suppression system. Everything will be mounted in the passenger area as that's the lowest point on the car as well as where the cars moment of inertia is. Keeping the weight as close to the COG is a key point I'm trying to implement in this car compared to others I've built where I've mounted the fuel cell in the trunk.

I believe it was Grassroots Motorsport where there was a quote from Porsche about the 3 most important things geographically in a racecar. The powerplant (engine), driver, and fuel tank.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmorAutosport For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (08-03-2017), DustinS (07-07-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #25
AmorAutosport

The Following User Says Thank You to AmorAutosport For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (08-03-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #26
AmorAutosport

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with Will's work for TSSFAB. We are using one of his front crossmembers to mount our ls3, This made bolting the engine in a snap since he already had everything jigged up and ready to go. Had him make some custom engine mounts to get the engine as low as possible with the height difference of drysump pan and push the engine back to WTAC rules. Just shy of of the front of the engine sits inside the front shock towers. With the added weight of the LS planning the weight distribution and placing it accordingly has been more than guess work.

Transmission has been ordered and on the way, excited to see it up close and bolt it up to this mockup engine.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:03 AM   #27
AmorAutosport

Haven't had much time for the car the last few weeks. Been just massing parts, mostly waiting currently on engine parts. Pistons are being made, cams, and awaiting a valvetrain. Drysump should be in soon however I'll still need to order a tank.

Next big part is cutting up the trans tunnel and building a new tunnel and firewall for the drivetrain. I'd love to just cut the floor out all together but unfortunately WTAC doesn't allow that.

Transmission is a Gforce GSR with Henderick's racing TR-3 top mated to an quartermaster bell housing for 5.5" clutch and rear mount starter to keep weight to a minimum and as low as possible

The Following User Says Thank You to AmorAutosport For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (08-03-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #28
Pho20

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Instagram : Amor_autosport if you'd like to follow along with the build.

New to this forum, I'd like to introduce myself and my new build I recently started! I'll be keeping a log on the build through this forum for other members to check out and hopefully learn some things from. I know the car has been around for a while now but I only recently found the perfect chassis for what I was looking to do.

INTRO:

My name is JP, I am the owner/operator of Amor Autosport in San Diego. I recently parted out my shop Unlimited TA AWD Evo IX to start a new project. Had grown tired of the platform, and began sponsoring a customer in the AWD class so I wanted to put my efforts into a new chassis in a different class and have a new build to showcase our work. I've wanted an 86 since they were first released was just waiting for the right deal which fell into my lap about 4 weeks ago.

I've been searching auctions for quite some time, for building a racecar I didn't want to buy a $10-$20k car just to gut it and throw everything out, so a flood car made most sense. I finally came across a black 2015 FRS with 25k miles, no body damage, however the car had been "flooded" and engine didn't run. Within minutes I purchased the car for a steal. What comes next will be posted here!
What website did you use and if you don't mind me asking what'd you pay?
Pho20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frs, race car, time attack