follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk1 View Post
Do your turbo tunes include any type of over boost protection?
I have created some tunes for over boost protections. In those maps, it would entail lowering the wastegate duty but I am looking at other solutions.

Currently a wastegate cut works BUT if the vacuum lines break or fall of it will still overboost. So closing trying to determine the next best option with what is available to me right now with EcuTeK RaceROM.

Cheers,
William Knose
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Small updates have been made to the following maps.

Stage 1 "Tuner" Innovate Supercharger Map version 8.1

Cheers,
William Knose
Old 12-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #17
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm just curious but many forum members have insisted that it is absolutely necessary for me to continuously data log my stage 2 Ecutek dyno tune to verify that it is "safe". The tune has already been logged, reviewed, revised and reviewed again by two pro tuners and I haven't encountered a single issue after several months of daily driving.

Do you agree that constant end-user data logging of completed custom tunes is necessary to ensure a safe tune? TIA.
Fast_Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

There should be no need to constantly data log after the tune is in a good reliable daily driver state. The tune isn't going to change, it is the parts on the car and the fuel used that will cause more problems than the tune.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #19
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
I'm just curious but many forum members have insisted that it is absolutely necessary for me to continuously data log my stage 2 Ecutek dyno tune to verify that it is "safe". The tune has already been logged, reviewed, revised and reviewed again by two pro tuners and I haven't encountered a single issue after several months of daily driving.

Do you agree that constant end-user data logging of completed custom tunes is necessary to ensure a safe tune? TIA.
No one said constant end-user logging. Not even often. Just log the thing once in a while, say after you install a part and then again a week or two later to check the trims. And once every few months as the seasons change, IF you live in an area where the gas content is changed to suit the season.

Last edited by ichitaka05; 12-13-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
jamesm (12-12-2013), Malt (12-12-2013), s2d4 (12-13-2013), SirBrass (12-12-2013), vgi (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #20
Fast_Freddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
There should be no need to constantly data log after the tune is in a good reliable daily driver state. The tune isn't going to change, it is the parts on the car and the fuel used that will cause more problems than the tune.

Thanks. That's exactly what I thought but some members here keep insisting otherwise.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #21
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
For the love of (a word I can't mention on this forum) are you really this obtuse? No one said constant end-user logging. Not even often. Just fucking log the thing once in a while, say after you install a part and then again a week or two later to check the trims. And once every few months as the seasons change, IF you live in an area where the gas content is changed to suit the season.
Quote:
Thanks. That's exactly what I thought but some members here keep insisting otherwise.
Yep.... He is that obtuse.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
Calum (12-13-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #22
Fast_Freddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
For the love of (a word I can't mention on this forum) are you really this obtuse? No one said constant end-user logging. Not even often. Just fucking log the thing once in a while, say after you install a part and then again a week or two later to check the trims. And once every few months as the seasons change, IF you live in an area where the gas content is changed to suit the season.

WTF is it so important to you that I buy a cable and data log a tune that has already been logged, revised, logged, reviewed and approved by 2 pro tuners and hasn't exhibited a single issue ever? WTF do you think the logs will show when the car runs flawlessly? The only change after the tune was an over-pipe. How drastic do you think that change was? Gas stays the same here all year, 93 octane e10. How many more experienced and knowledgeable people have to keep telling you that you're wrong before you STFU?

Tell you what, you buy me the cable that I don't need and I'll log the tune and post the results.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fast_Freddy For This Useful Post:
JVQJR (02-03-2014)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
Fast_Freddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Yep.... He is that obtuse.

Awwwww... did I hurt your feelings when I didn't agree with you and then proved you wrong in the other thread?

Please don't threadjack this thread like you did the other one. I'm out of here.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #24
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Fast_Freddy how about this I can take a look at your log and review it for you. No charge. This should ease any nerves.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
DAMotorsports (12-13-2013), Fast_Freddy (12-13-2013), Malt (12-13-2013), Sportsguy83 (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #25
Fast_Freddy

Quote:
Fast_Freddy how about this I can take a look at your log and review it for you. No charge. This should ease any nerves.

I really appreciate your generous offer but I wouldn't feel right since it's not your tune. The reason I haven't done any additional logging myself is that it was a remote dyno tune and I didn't buy a cable. Since the tune runs better than stock and has zero issues, I haven't seen any good reason to mess with it.

I apologize for the two idiots who followed me here but they apparently have hurt feelings because I didn't agree with them previously. This forum has a lot of experts who know everything and hate being disagreed with. I probably should ignore them more but it's hard when they seem to follow me around.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #26
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Awwwww... did I hurt your feelings when I didn't agree with you and then proved you wrong in the other thread?

Please don't threadjack this thread like you did the other one. I'm out of here.
No feelings hurt, just amazed at the complete inability for you to actually comprehend what others have said. You do what you want to do with your car, all anyone has tried to explain to you is the need to verify what someone is selling you instead of just taking their word for it. I'm sorry you can't understand that.
Oh, and there was no thread jacking involved here. I had a legitimate question and a complement to to an ECUtek tuner for something that is actually good about ECUtek. Unfortunately your blind hatred toward OFT and OFT users keeps you from seeing that.

Quote:
Delicious Tuning, that is amazingly nice of you. Customer support is where this business is made or broken. I sincerely hope that fast freddy takes you up on your offer. Its not often that you can get a professional tune review for free.

Last edited by Malt; 12-13-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
Laika (05-17-2014)
Old 12-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #27
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Self-fulfilling prophecy => obtuse.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #28
Fast_Freddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
No feelings hurt, just amazed at the complete inability for you to actually comprehend what others have said. You do what you want to do with your car, all anyone has tried to explain to you is the need to verify what someone is selling you instead of just taking their word for it. I'm sorry you can't understand that.
Oh, and there was no thread jacking involved here. I had a legitimate question and a complement to to an ECUtek tuner for something that is actually good about ECUtek. Unfortunately your blind hatred toward OFT and OFT users keeps you from seeing that.

Preferring Ecutek to OFT equates to "Blind hatred"? "Comprehend" means agree with you?

Okay, whatever gets you to STFU, stop following me around the forum and jacking threads.

BTW, if it's not too obtuse of me to correct you yet again, most if not all, Ecutek tunes include free professional tune reviews and revisions. The number of reviews and revisions varies by tuner. One of the reasons I previously mentioned for preferring Ecutek to OFT that you immediately ignored. What do they call that kind of behavior? Hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Self-fulfilling prophecy => obtuse.

What took you so long? Was the search by username feature down?

Last edited by Fast_Freddy; 12-13-2013 at 03:12 AM.