follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2014, 03:34 AM   #1
ALbadboy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (WRB MT)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
ALbadboy's WRB Story/Build

Well, I've had the car for almost a year so I assume it's about time to start a build thread. As my car sits now:

Some of you may remember I had a Whiteout FR-S before acquiring my BRZ. I obtained ownership of my FR-S on October 16, 2012. I had saved around half of every paycheck for four years to buy it. Here she is the morning after I bought her.

I was so proud of that car, my first new car and something I had worked towards and wanted since I was 16. I poured a good bit of money into it before ultimately getting totaled by a lady who attempted to turn left on a solid green as I was literally already crossing into the intersection. RIP February 1, 2013.

I was devastated. But I knew it was only a car and I was just glad no one was injured. I decided to go with a Limited WRB BRZ as my replacement. My local dealership was known for jacking up the price so I looked elsewhere and found that no one in the southeast region was getting one until mid-March and it was all the way in Boone, NC. Obviously I wouldn't be able to have the rental car a whole month and a half, but with the help of good friends and family I was able to put my deposit down. It actually worked out perfectly as my Dad was going to the Bristol race just an hour away from the dealership. So I caught a ride up there with him on March 14th and picked her up March 15, 2013. The ride home was very enjoyable driving though the twisty roads of the mountains. This is the first two photos I took of her in South Carolina:

I stopped in Atlanta, GA on the way home to get a full detail and Optiguard done by Mike at Mirror Detailing. The guy is awesome, he had actually just did my FR-S back in December. He does some really nice cars as well; there was a NSX and Lamborghini Superleggera there. Would definitely recommend him.

The first thing I did when I made it home was remove the chrome fender trim from the car and debadge again. Also did a full LED swap but no pics at the moment.

Unfortunately I was dating a girl who lived 40 mins away and a saw her everyday almost. Three months in, same as my FRS, I hit a eighteen wheeler tire retread that was in the middle of this two lane bridge. The bridge actually is I-10 so I was going 65 and so were the cars around me. It was a little after midnight and the bridge is poorly lit in some areas.. Just so happen that the retread was in a part that wasn't lit at all because the bulbs were out on 4-5 light poles. by the time I saw it, it was too late and there was someone next to me in the other lane. The damage was bad enough to bother me, but could have been worse. It cracked my bumper near the bottom and ripped out all the plastic liner under the car and the front passenger wheel well.

I had it all professionally replaced, but ended up setting me back a grand. So I totaled my FR-S going to see that girl and messed up the BRZ headed home from her house. I think it's a good thing we broke up. But all my money was poured into her while we were together and the mods didn't pick back up until the end of 2013.
I bought the STi Front lip and Rear Spats around September. From buying those through Massdrop it entered me in a chance to win a V1 Radar detector and I actually won. Installed via Invisicord:

I got some Helix smoked side markers and they look a thousand times better than the old orange ones. I needed some good floor mats to keep my carpet clean so I went with Weathertechs and I think they are probably one of the best things you can buy, totally worth the price. Next I hated the wheel gap on the car so I got some Eibach Sportlines.

I installed them myself and I absolutely love them. After that my Nameless Axle back came in. This thing is a work of art, it truly was beautiful taking it out of the box. Everyone that hears it complements it and says it sounds great!

Next up was my TOM's. I was originally part of 86 Industries Helix Clear Lens TOM's Pre-order, but for those of you that don't know it was a huge mess. So finally 7 months later I had something to show for it. Paired with TapTurn.

My STi Blue lug nuts came in and some Whitline Camber Bolts.

Welp. As of Valentines day I got tired of looking at the stock rims and decided to plastidip the stockers for now and add the Lugs. Also finally installed the STi Front lip!
Here are pics of a rim and lugs (I know it's really dirty) along with various pics.

I'm pleasantly happy with the way the car sits right now. Just need to install my Weds and tires then I'll be done exterior wise.

Body/Exterior
-STi Front Lip
-Helix Smoked Side Markers
-TOM’s Taillights w/ TapTurn
-Complete LED lights conversion
-2” Perrin Antenna
-XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra
-Opti-Gaurd
-25% Tint All Around
-Plasidipped Stock Rims

Interior
-Valentine One Radar Detector w/ Invisicord
-WeatherTech DigitaFit Floor Liners w/ Custom STi Replacement Plates

Exhaust
-Nameless 2.5” Axelback

Suspension
-Eibach Sportlines
-STi Lug Nuts - Blue

Not Installed
-STi Rear Spats
-WedsSport TC105N 17x8 +42 & 17x9 +35 - Matte Black
-Whiteline camber bolts

Last edited by ALbadboy; 04-27-2014 at 06:40 PM.
ALbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #2
Simon99

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Owner of a 2013 WRB myself. Love what you done with it, though about plastidipping the wheels before but you confirmed it.. And theses lugs

Take care of her bro, she's a keeper !
This car has allowed car enthusiasts to come from all different walks of life, car cultures, and brands. Just as a panda is black, white, and Asian; the 86 is Toyota, Subaru, and downright fucking sexy.
Simon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
ALbadboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon99 View Post
Owner of a 2013 WRB myself. Love what you done with it, though about plastidipping the wheels before but you confirmed it.. And theses lugs

Take care of her bro, she's a keeper !

Thanks man, and yea I'd recommend plastidip, it really improved the entire look of the car; especially with the lugs haha. I actually need to update this! I sold the XXRs and bought some WedsSport TC105N.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
gt865

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice build so far. Roll Tide!
gt865 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gt865 For This Useful Post:
ALbadboy (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
Simon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbadboy View Post
Thanks man, and yea I'd recommend plastidip, it really improved the entire look of the car; especially with the lugs haha. I actually need to update this! I sold the XXRs and bought some WedsSport TC105N.
Show us a pic ! Regarding the plastidip, how did you do it ? How many layers and how many cans did you take ?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
This car has allowed car enthusiasts to come from all different walks of life, car cultures, and brands. Just as a panda is black, white, and Asian; the 86 is Toyota, Subaru, and downright fucking sexy.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
ChandlerSwyng

Drives: 2013 Red Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
War Eagle, those lugs are nice and the car is looking good! Where did you get the lugs nuts?
ChandlerSwyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Simon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerSwyng View Post
War Eagle, those lugs are nice and the car is looking good! Where did you get the lugs nuts?
Japan parts, avojdm carries them

Old 04-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #8
ALbadboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon99 View Post
Show us a pic ! Regarding the plastidip, how did you do it ? How many layers and how many cans did you take ?

Of the new rims? Unfortunately I haven't managed to buy the Rubber yet, but plan to get some Michelin Pilot Super Sports (245/40/17) within the next month. Just been too busy and broke to get them on haha. Regardless, here's a pic:

As for the plastidip, I didn't have jackstands at the time so I just took some garbage bags and masked off the brakes and did about 2-3 light coats about 10 mins of drying in-between, then 3 more heavier coats about 10-15 mins in between. Turned out nicely, but if I were to do it again I'd take the wheels off and use note cards to mask off the tires as well.

Off Topic, I noticed you're in Ottawa; I actually have a friend that lives in Kanata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerSwyng View Post
Roll Tide haha. And yea what Simon said, I bought mine through japan parts. They are pricey, but definitely one of my favorite mods.

Last edited by ALbadboy; 04-27-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
PEWPEW

Drives: 10 Series FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbadboy View Post

Wow, super clean! The front lip definitely sets it off

Check out the build thread!
PEWPEW is offline   Reply With Quote