follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2021, 10:54 PM   #1
Ranran

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need help identifying possible bent frame part.

I damaged my 86 when I hit a median in the road.

my front Lower Control arm+ the bolt that holds the front of the LCA, front end links, front crossmember, and an unidentified frame piece were all damaged. I replaced the LCA, and end links.

The part I need help identifying is the part that the bolt holding the LCA goes into. I think it's part of the frame but I'm not sure if its a removable part of the frame (like how the cross member holding the engine is removable).

this piece holds the bolt that would mount the front lower control arm onto the car. I took the bolt out and its barely bent. I have reason to believe the part of the frame must be bent because the bolt doesn't align with the LCA. I have added pictures and circled the part in white. Any help would be much appreciated.

The bolt part is: Lower Control Arm Bolt - Subaru (901370010)

i can provide more pictures if needed. any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Images

Ranran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #2
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Frame Side Member - 57102
https://parts.toyota.com/a/Toyota_20...4420-5305.html

It’s the front frame rail. You’ll need frame alignment tools and a welder to replace it. Get the car on a frame rack and see how far out it is; with a little luck it can be straitened instead of replaced.

The actual part that stud screws into looks to be: Fender Gusset - 57456C.
BUT, I would have the entire structure checked before replacing only the sub-assembly; otherwise, you might end up installing a new gusset in an orientation that would allow the control arm bolt up while still having frame damage that will jeopardize handling. The gusset is also a weld install part.
Attached Images

pope is offline   Reply With Quote