follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List
Koji_Online

Old 04-08-2022, 07:32 PM   #743
Bolobao

Drives: 2022 GR86, 2013 BRZ (sold)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I’m sure this comes as a surprise as no one, but I can confirm the instructions written in original post also apply to 2022 GR86. I only did the clutch removal spring previously on my BRZ, so I’m very curious to feel the difference with this adjustment. Glad it’s very easy to do, thank you for the write up!
Bolobao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:40 AM   #744
xordos

Drives: BRZ
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolobao View Post
I’m sure this comes as a surprise as no one, but I can confirm the instructions written in original post also apply to 2022 GR86. I only did the clutch removal spring previously on my BRZ, so I’m very curious to feel the difference with this adjustment. Glad it’s very easy to do, thank you for the write up!

Yeah, I did the same on my 2022 BRZ today, it is feel good. I am newbie to MT world. so kinds of worried to this change. But once I confirmed there is still room to the bite point, and also the highest position is the same place that rod stopped by that visible ball/cylinder, So I am feel pretty safe

OK, want to add a few details:
1), I am following this youtube
, for 2022 BRZ, the 12mm nut need be turned at opposite direction compare to this video (at 0m:55s mark).

2) Wiggle the clutch make it much easier to turn the rod.

And again, thanks for this mod/video, really appreciate it.
xordos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xordos For This Useful Post:
Midnightsky (06-28-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 01:54 PM   #745
iag48st

Drives: 10Series 0945
Quick question: I adjusted my clutch years ago and this past weekend I changed my clutch and keep almost stalling lol. It’s catching higher than before the new clutch.

Does the clutch replacement reset the adjustment (I doubt)?
iag48st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 12:44 AM   #746
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iag48st View Post
Quick question: I adjusted my clutch years ago and this past weekend I changed my clutch and keep almost stalling lol. It’s catching higher than before the new clutch.

Does the clutch replacement reset the adjustment (I doubt)?
To some extent, yes it’s possible.

As a clutch wears, the fingers will gradually rest further out resulting in a clutch that grabs lower in the pedal stroke.

Back in the day of cable or linkage clutches, it was necessary to periodically adjust slack to keep things functioning. Hydraulics did away with the adjustment, but the grab point can still change over time. Variations in the pressure plates and disc thickness can have an impact too.

So, not unlikely things have changed from old clutch to new clutch. Especially if you changed brand or type, etc.
pope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pope For This Useful Post:
Tokay444 (04-26-2023)

Tags
clutch adjustment, clutch helper spring