follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #57
Shit Luck

Drives: red frs
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTI_LAG View Post
Please see post #50 above
for what it's worth I would have bought your kit, however the turbo position killed that idea for me.
I have not found a kit that ticks all the boxes for me yet. Hell I am even considering building a blower kit depending what I see working best.
Shit Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #58
ANTI_LAG

Drives: Ones with Big Turbos
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
While we want to sell our kit to everyone we know not everyone will want the same kit, everyone has different needs, goals and a desired look. If you notice we make catch cans that are compliant with everyone's kits.

Good luck with you decision and let me know if you ever need any parts for it, we sell everything down to the mandrel bends if you decide to make your own.
ANTI_LAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #59
JP
Backyard Fabricator

Drives: JZX83, SF5 GT, ZZE82 turbo
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
There's tons of people out there capable of building their own turbo setups. If you have the equipment and skill needed to complete it, the setups can be done for a fraction of the cost of off-the-shelf kits.... you're just investing more of your own time. Not everyone has the tools and skill needed to build a good setup though and some others would rather have someone else to point the finger at if something goes wrong

I spend the majority of my free time building custom turbo setups and doing weird conversions for my own cars, I don't do it to make a profit, it's a hobby for me and a bit of stress releif from my "real" job
JP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JP For This Useful Post:
nix (12-15-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #60
bakerr6

Drives: 2013 raven black fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTI_LAG View Post
While we want to sell our kit to everyone we know not everyone will want the same kit, everyone has different needs, goals and a desired look. If you notice we make catch cans that are compliant with everyone's kits.

Good luck with you decision and let me know if you ever need any parts for it, we sell everything down to the mandrel bends if you decide to make your own.
I don't want you to think that I was trying to attack you. You are actually one of the kits I'm considering when I finalize the details of my build
bakerr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #61
Captain Insano

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler RubiconX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonicname View Post
girl on a yellow bikiniiiii
me can't concentrateeee
Ditto man. I am having same problem!
Captain Insano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #62
ANTI_LAG

Drives: Ones with Big Turbos
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerr6 View Post
I don't want you to think that I was trying to attack you. You are actually one of the kits I'm considering when I finalize the details of my build
I know lol, don't worry. I just want to make sure people are making educated decisions and know what they are getting into, even if they don't want our products.
ANTI_LAG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ANTI_LAG For This Useful Post:
ForcedFab_Jon (12-14-2012)
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #63
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Don't build it to save money, build it because you love to do it and have the skill (silverdub mode). Ok if you have a great welder/fabricator on your side and get mates rates from him you have a foot in the door. But these guys talking about not being able to afford $5k have clearly overextended themselves on the car (or Mommy/Daddy bought it?) and scraping together some change to boost it as cheaply as possible is not going to end well.

PS. I love your work D3, just not your kit layout If it was high front mount and RHD compatible I would have gone with you guys for sure.