follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #85
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yes he did

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
1. Sigmund never said that but whatever support your cause.
2. It isn't about the weapon itself but the person wielding it.
3. Emotionally unstable and being highly defensive seems to be the norm when challenged with common sense.
Sigmund Freud DID say that in his book Dreams In Folklore (1958), in many many more words.
The term is a summary of the passages in Freud's book by Don B.Kates from Kates essay on it.

Like I said - trying to reason with a drunk.

I agree totally with your points 2 and 3.

CERBERUS
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
Reaper (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #86
mikepaul21

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm really interested in legitimate responses to this post, I've been searching my BRZ for a while and the only thing I've found is drilling a holster into the bottom of my DIY armrest I made out of MDF... For all the people talking about popping shots off at a martial law crowd, that's not what the handgun is for, that's a job for the AR-15 at the house
mikepaul21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikepaul21 For This Useful Post:
DocCola (04-25-2014), SirBrass (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #87
RFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
So what? You're going to shoot at an organized group of armed and trained soldiers?

Even if you managed to kill a couple and drive them off, how long before they show up at your front door with a tank or level your whole house with any number of means the army has to stop insurgents?

I'm not against people having guns, I just don't think you've thought this through...
So what ? - How bout this -

In WW2 when Japan planned the invasion of the U.S. it was kiboshed when the Nipponese generals told the politicians - are you crazy ? Theres a gun behind every bush ! The citizens all have guns !

Same reason. The U.S. government doesn't want another civil war with the population. Don't get votes that way.

And your right - citizens can't stop army tanks for long.
As long as citizens keep arms, it would never come to that.

Makes you wonder about all the government gun control desires.

"Fear the government that fears your gun"

CERBERUS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFB For This Useful Post:
Reaper (04-24-2014), SirBrass (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #88
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase86 View Post
So I carry everyday although I carry a much smaller gun then a glock 19. I have it on me all the time. I AIWB carry and its not that bad to drive around with. On the occasion where I don't feel like driving with it I simply lay it on the passenger seat. It easily available if I need it and don't see why (if I am driving) I would need to conceal it.

If I can't carry it with me I place it in between the drivers seat and door frame. Enough room for even full size guns and very well concealed. Because its so well concealed and I rarely don't take it with me I don't feel the need to lock it up in some way.

My situation may not be the same as yours but thats how I roll.
I carry everday as well but I carry a larger weapon and its just too uncomfortable in the seat. If you look back a few pages you can see the holster I use under my steering wheel instead of just putting it on my seat. I did this mainly because I had a friend who had his cellphone go threw a windshield during a car accident. I'm leery of heavy metal objects that arnt held in place during a car accident.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
SirBrass (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #89
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzman View Post
There is a lot of other things to do in life than be afraid of "Scum". Your gun will not save you from death, it will only prolong it (IF you are a quick draw and a good shot).

So carry on then.
WOW.

Back to reality.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (04-24-2014), woode (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #90
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
I carry everday as well but I carry a larger weapon and its just too uncomfortable in the seat. If you look back a few pages you can see the holster I use under my steering wheel instead of just putting it on my seat. I did this mainly because I had a friend who had his cellphone go threw a windshield during a car accident. I'm leery of heavy metal objects that arnt held in place during a car accident.

Retention holster with thumbstrap, perhaps? Like a modified safariland Level 2 holster made to be mounted in the slot?

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #91
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supramkivtt2jz View Post
You guys also take your snowmobile down through the woods to the Hunting, Fishing, and Apologising Store, say you're sorry to the moose on the wall, buy groceries using maple syrup, drive home to your igloo, and have sex with your French Canadian supermodel wifes.

Just simple cultural differences, ya know?

Shit, is this why people live in Canada? I mean, maple syrup is definitly a great reason to move there, but the supermodel wives might just convince me to go...

anyone wanna move up there with me? Have an awesome bachelor pad?
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #92
RFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
Shit, is this why people live in Canada? I mean, maple syrup is definitly a great reason to move there, but the supermodel wives might just convince me to go...

anyone wanna move up there with me? Have an awesome bachelor pad?
Only a small part of Canada is Franco Canadian - Just like the Cajuns in Louisianna.

But our french cry to the government a lot because France lost Canada to the Brits during the battles on the Plains of Abraham, so the government made Canada officially bi-lingual even though only a small population speaks pseudo-french.

Most of the girls I've seen in Quebec are certainly not supermodels, especially when they open their mouths and you hear that horrible accent !
But the maple syrup there is nice !

AY?

Now for yankees - I still see muricans come up to the great far north with piles of gloves winter coats in July when its over 100 degrees - LOL

CERBERUS
Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #93
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFB View Post
Only a small part of Canada is Franco Canadian - Just like the Cajuns in Louisianna.

But our french cry to the government a lot because France lost Canada to the Brits during the battles on the Plains of Abraham, so the government made Canada officially bi-lingual even though only a small population speaks pseudo-french.

Most of the girls I've seen in Quebec are certainly not supermodels, especially when they open their mouths and you hear that horrible accent !
But the maple syrup there is nice !

AY?

Now for yankees - I still see muricans come up to the great far north with piles of gloves winter coats in July when its over 100 degrees - LOL

CERBERUS

Careful which of us you call "yankees" . For some of us, calling us "yankee" is only survivable b/c you're given the benefit of the doubt about where the Mason-Dixon line is .

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
codesplice (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #94
J_kennington

Drives: 2013 asphalt scion FRS
Garage
I daily carry a Glock 26(I know it's smaller than your 19). But I just keep it on me or sitting between the door and seat in the little "hole".

As for all the "whys".

Why do you have car insurance? Surely your not "afraid" of having an accident while driving...
2005 Yamaha yz250f
J_kennington is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J_kennington For This Useful Post:
Boxer486 (04-24-2014), codesplice (04-24-2014), DocCola (04-25-2014), Reaper (04-24-2014), SirBrass (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #95
codesplice
Elite Recognized Geek

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_kennington View Post
I daily carry a Glock 26(I know it's smaller than your 19). But I just keep it on me or sitting between the door and seat in the little "hole".

As for all the "whys".

Why do you have car insurance? Surely your not "afraid" of having an accident while driving...
I carry a 26 as well, IWB at about 4 o'clock. Compact enough to stay on my hip comfortably for most drives, but I also wedge it (and the Remora holster it's in) between the seat and the door if needed.
This post is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the poster's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.
G+

Last edited by codesplice; 04-24-2014 at 04:29 PM.
codesplice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #96
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
Retention holster with thumbstrap, perhaps? Like a modified safariland Level 2 holster made to be mounted in the slot?
I posted pictures of my setup already on page 2 I believe

Old 04-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #97
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Am I the only one who can daily carry a 1911 Commander (Dan Wesson V-Bob) in either IWB or OWB at 4 O'clock and NOT be uncomfortable sitting or driving with it?

I'm not a big guy, either. Skinny. 30" waist, 5'11" tall. I like its slim single stack nature for carry in tighter confines than I do any gun that is double stack (even if it's smaller). Width, not length is the concealment and comfort factor for me.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #98
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

I carry a 5.25 inch barreled double stack Springfield xdm iwb in a kydex/leather crossbreed holster. I'm 5 foot 5 175 pounds 6-7% bodyfat 27-28inch waist and I dont like going far in the seat with it. Hits my ribs/lats since my torso is so short.

Tags
'murica, bieber, fuckyeah, glove box, gun, handgun, holster