follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 02-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #21995
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve201brz View Post
Some guy was stuck trying to get through the wall of snow that the plows leave behind at intersections. People were passing him like he didn't even exist, so I stopped to help him push it out. Kudos to the lady who helped give it gas while we pushed

It's crazy how people just stare and drive by almost saying "not my problem." How shitty would you feel if you were standing there stranded and no one would help you?

Roads are terrible out there, if you have a chance to help someone you should do it. One day you'll be in a situation where you'll need a strangers help. Ya can't expect people to do something for you that you're not even willing to do yourself, at least that's how I look at it.
You should of seen the look of appreciation & surprise in the guys face when I stopped and offered to help. He almost didn't know what to say haha

I may be an asshole, but I'm not a monster

/random thought
It really depends where you live too. In my experience, people in small towns are 100% more likely to help than people in big cities.

Before I replaced the battery on my 240sx, it would die here and there and need a jump. One night I was in the parking lot at my gym with my hood open and jumper cables in my hands. Several people drove by without even looking or offering help. I got lucky and a friend of mine happened to be leaving and stopped to help me.

It depends on the situation too, those people might be on their way to work or dropping a kid off to school etc.

I understand where you are coming from though, I always try to help when I see someone with their hood up, or clearly stuck

Nick C.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
M-17 (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #21996
KslayFRZ

Drives: 2013 Frs asphalt
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Love is cursed by monogamy
Old 02-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #21997
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltuffgirl View Post
rant
Keep calm and eat a snickers.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #21998
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Dear Officer @Liltuffgirl,

Thank you.

Thank you for the work that you do, for the risks you take, and for your service to the community. Thank you for your willingness to endure the tension and stress, the boredom and danger, and sometimes the depression that must surely accompany such a difficult and largely thankless job.

Thank you for standing between us and the perps, for standing shoulder-to-shoulder with your colleagues, together standing on that thin blue line that separates the rest of us from chaos, anarchy, and lawlessness in this increasingly crude, uncivil, and dangerous world.

Thank you.

Be careful out there.

Too many officers who die in the line of duty became complacent, temporarily lost their focus, their concentration, and suddenly found themselves surprised to be lying crumpled on the ground with a bullet in them in the middle of a routine stop.

Keep your eyes on their hands.

Be careful, Liltuffgirl.

We need you.

Gratefully,

-Porsche
The Following User Says Thank You to Porsche For This Useful Post:
KslayFRZ (02-06-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #21999
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Should I tune... or not...
Old 02-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #22000
marky

Drives: 2020 BRZ tS #54
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Birthday ETA 2 days but my gift wont come till monday
The Following User Says Thank You to marky For This Useful Post:
sklimo (02-06-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #22001
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFRZ View Post
Oh man,got so scared when I recognized your name under "quotes".

When I was little, I went to the same elementary school. There weren't red-painted curbs at unpainted crosswalks, nothing. So my parents would have to walk us home every single day, because they were scared we wouldn't make it back (even though it was only a block). As we would walk home, we would walk into the intersection "blind" because people would be parked on the rounded curbs and block views. There's an intersection right at the school that is a 4 way intersection, with no marked crosswalks, and no signage. No stop sign, no yield, nothing. And people. GO. NUTS. I mean it's like watching the special Olympics (no offense) take place before your eyes.
Sorry that has happened to you though. I wish there was more regulation on the road, or SOMETHING to stop people from getting worse and worse. I mean,what's next? Again today,someone about slammed into me because their head was down and looking at their phone instead of the road. People have gotten killed, yet nothing has happened.

I mean really, what happened? Did people forget all common sense?

Also, got slow cooked pot roast. -shares with forum-

I wish we in North American didn't regulate things so much on the road, but regulated who could get a drivers licence much more rigorously. It wouldn't solve all issues, but if we stopped treating a drivers licence as a right I think natural selection would sort out a lot of the other issues.

And I'm not that bad, though I am requesting @bestwheelbase to make up some 'know it all douchebags crew' t-shirts. Lets start a list of crew members.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
Dimman (02-05-2014), M-17 (02-05-2014), Shagaliscious (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #22002
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
If he can't there's always this

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
Calum (02-05-2014), IntotheOcean (02-05-2014), LadyFRZ (02-05-2014), Luis_GT (02-05-2014), Shagaliscious (02-05-2014), sklimo (02-06-2014), Zaku (02-06-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #22003
LadyFRZ
Car N00b

Drives: 97 Miata
Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Already, the Valentine's Day Commercials have been on in full swing.
FINE, RUB IT IN UNIVERSE. At least I have my 2 boyfriends. Ben and Jerry.

@Calum
That would be nice. And I've noticed that, people thinking getting licenses are rights, and not a privilege. I mean, you operate something over 3000 pounds (usually) that can kill someone if not done right, it's not like it should be taken as lightly as it is.
Also, harsher fines for people texting while driving, or using their phone (handheld) while driving. It's fine if it's bluetooth or something along those lines, but you'd be surprised at how many still text and drive here, even though it's been illegal. People who think they're above the law never cease to amaze me.

Also, holy smokes I can't type today. Thank youuuuu, spell checker!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyFRZ For This Useful Post:
6-Shift (02-05-2014), Calum (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #22004
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve201brz View Post
Some guy was stuck trying to get through the wall of snow that the plows leave behind at intersections. People were passing him like he didn't even exist, so I stopped to help him push it out. Kudos to the lady who helped give it gas while we pushed

It's crazy how people just stare and drive by almost saying "not my problem." How shitty would you feel if you were standing there stranded and no one would help you?

Roads are terrible out there, if you have a chance to help someone you should do it. One day you'll be in a situation where you'll need a strangers help. Ya can't expect people to do something for you that you're not even willing to do yourself, at least that's how I look at it.
You should of seen the look of appreciation & surprise in the guys face when I stopped and offered to help. He almost didn't know what to say haha

I may be an asshole, but I'm not a monster

/random thought
As @Diode Dynamics mentioned it mainly comes down to location. Some places are good while others can be very sketchy. I'm sure people would help out, I know I would have or at least find out what's wrong, but some people are taught to not trust strangers or to not make other people's problems their business. Can you blame them? There's countless amount of stories, movies, news, tv shows about rapists and murderers being shown over and over to the public... it just doesn't help by pushing minds into not trusting their fellow man. And yeah, some honestly don't have a heart so fuck them.

It was good to hear that you decided to be a good Samaritan and helped out when you could. That's the type of gesture/example that people need to see to push positive actions in your fellow community.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
Diode Dynamics (02-05-2014), IntotheOcean (02-05-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 05:19 PM   #22005
LadyFRZ
Car N00b

Drives: 97 Miata
Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
@Steve201brz

Also, to add what some others have said, some people might not know how to help out. I personally don't know how to jump start a car, so what use would I be? Would rather not be electrocuted and that definitely wouldn't help out the scenario.
When I had my accident, a group of people helped me out, so that was really, really awesome. There are still good people out there.
(Also to those going "SHUNNNNNNN LADYFRZ," I'M LEARNING. OKAY.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyFRZ For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-05-2014), M-17 (02-06-2014)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #22006
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
This gorgeous guy started following me on instagram annnnnnddddd he has a daughter

</3 he drove a frs too lol. Ah well, I'll settle for eyecandy
Old 02-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #22007
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
This gorgeous guy started following me on instagram annnnnnddddd he has a daughter

</3 he drove a frs too lol. Ah well, I'll settle for eyecandy
Why does having a daughter take him out of the running?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #22008
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Every car I was stuck behind in traffic today on my commute home had a combination of center mount stoplight and left/right brake light fucking BROKEN. NOT ILLUMINATED. CAN'T FUCKING TELL YOUR BRAKING ASSHOLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Why does having a daughter take him out of the running?
Not your kid and drama. Kids take errybody out of the equation if we're talking about a relationship. Shoot, got no problems with moms (MILFs anyway!), but I sure as shit ain't bringing one home for my parents to meet. Nahmean?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
FnFast (02-06-2014), M-17 (02-06-2014)
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?