follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #1625
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
Sure. Let's start with him having no explanation for decline in cases where the mask mandates were ceased. Another is that we shouldn't dine indoors even after vaccination. Let's face it, hes lost his compass
Ok. What specific question was asked and what did Fauci say in response? In a number of states (Texas, for example) case numbers were trending down and governors jumped to rescind mask requirements. Then cases plateaued and started back up.

What comments did Fauci make that bring vaccine compliance into question and/or demonstrate his "virtue signaling?"

Last edited by Capt Spaulding; 04-13-2021 at 08:25 PM. Reason: punctuation
The Following User Says Thank You to Capt Spaulding For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 09:32 PM   #1626
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Sure. Let's start with him having no explanation for decline in cases where the mask mandates were ceased. Another is that we shouldn't dine indoors even after vaccination. Let's face it, hes lost his compass
This is the latest comments from Fauci I could find... No mention of masks, but he answers a ton of questions about the pause on the J&J vaccine. First 27 minutes are relevant to this discussion, not sure about anything after that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:30 PM   #1627
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Telling people who've already pretty much lost a year of their lives waiting for a vaccine that evidently isn't a solution that they still need to wear masks and socially distance must be difficult. Hes worth shit. Just compiling data and adjusting to it. Makes my faith in God stronger. I've lost all faith in men of science, men of govt and men of religion. Mother nature exposes their impotence
Old 04-13-2021, 10:34 PM   #1628
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Telling people who've already pretty much lost a year of their lives waiting for a vaccine that evidently isn't a solution that they still need to wear masks and socially distance must be difficult. Hes worth shit. Just compiling data and adjusting to it. Makes my faith in God stronger. I've lost all faith in men of science, men of govt and men of religion. Mother nature exposes their impotence
Man, did you even watch the conference?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (04-14-2021), spike021 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:42 PM   #1629
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Faith in God?

Isn’t God a God of forgiveness? At least that’s what I was taught. Yes, that includes people being forgiving of their fellow man.

Huh. Interesting how that works when someone doesn’t say everything you want to hear and you decide to put all possible blame on them and say they’re worth shit. Especially since you’d technically be brothers and sisters under God.

Anyway, your perspective is very rich.

Also, this veering dangerously into religious discussion.

Again, you never cited what exactly Fauci said today, which I asked for.

And you’re now just parroting previously complained about issues.

Please at least respond to what Spuds linked because I’m assuming your initial comment was directed at what he said in that clip from today.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (04-13-2021), weederr33 (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:57 PM   #1630
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Texans "must be doing things outdoors "
Old 04-13-2021, 11:15 PM   #1631
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I think a fair few of us are actually interested in what you’re saying. I genuinely do not understand your perspective as to how the vaccine is not a solution.

Are you aware of the argument for mask and socially distancing from non vaccinated?
Old 04-14-2021, 12:44 AM   #1632
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Something else I feel I need to point out, hopefully without getting into a religious argument is that a large number of these "men [and women] of science" are themselves devoutly religious. I will present this concept for your perusal and then drop the subject.

Science provides greater understanding of what God has created. God gives us many signs, and we see more of them through scientific discovery. In addition, most religions have standing instructions, notionally through a messenger of God, to help your fellow man. So therefore, using the greater understanding gained through science to prevent further human suffering is work ordained by God. Yes, mortals are fallible, we don't know everything God knows, of course, but seeking further understanding of the universe allows us to better emulate the values passed down to us by God and become more perfect followers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (04-15-2021), spike021 (04-14-2021), Wally86 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 01:37 AM   #1633
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Sounds like first world problems. We sure do live in spoiled times.

What’s the alternative? Ignoring the data that is compiled? Tarot card readings to predict the future?

Is this the god you were referring to or is your particular flavor of deity have less appendages?

Maybe it is one of these? Do tell.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_health_deities

Here is the plan:

—vaccinate people so the virus doesn’t continue to find new hosts and evolve into more and more strains
—continue to wear masks when out because many people aren’t vaccinated yet, many people aren’t ever planning to get vaccinated, many people could be hosts even if they are vaccinated, many people could not attain immunity even if they were vaccinated, or many people could come into contact with a strain that the vaccine doesn’t protect them from
—ramp up vaccinations to levels where we can vaccinate everyone and potentially provide boosters for early adopters all in a short time to attain herd immunity
—trial herd immunity during the summer/fall, but be cautious by wearing masks this winter to see if we will get seasonal rises when people come indoors and during weather changes like the flu
—if it is endemic and high then possibly continue this until people eventually get vaccinated, or we do this forever, or the special people die off
—if it is endemic and low then develop a long term strategy for vaccines and potentially other prophylactics, but we will likely be fully open without seasonal mask wearing, yet our culture is probably changed enough that many people will mask during seasons or when sick or want to avoid getting sick
Old 04-14-2021, 01:56 AM   #1634
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
If you wonder where the hostility comes from, the first part of your post isn't helping. Starting with an insult is a great way to get your points dismissed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
spike021 (04-14-2021), Wally86 (04-14-2021), weederr33 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 02:01 AM   #1635
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Something else I feel I need to point out, hopefully without getting into a religious argument is that a large number of these "men [and women] of science" are themselves devoutly religious. I will present this concept for your perusal and then drop the subject.

Science provides greater understanding of what God has created. God gives us many signs, and we see more of them through scientific discovery. In addition, most religions have standing instructions, notionally through a messenger of God, to help your fellow man. So therefore, using the greater understanding gained through science to prevent further human suffering is work ordained by God. Yes, mortals are fallible, we don't know everything God knows, of course, but seeking further understanding of the universe allows us to better emulate the values passed down to us by God and become more perfect followers.

Oh please don’t. Can we leave the magical, invisible friends out of the science thread?

Old 04-14-2021, 02:11 AM   #1636
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Oh please don’t. Can we leave the magical, invisible friends out of the science thread?
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. We agree on a LOT of the stuff discussed in this and the previous thread, and in addition to religion having specifically been "banned" from this subforum, I also don't think your comments or shitty memes about religion are worth it.

And they definitely don't help this conversation.

People can be as religious as they want and still respect the science, they may just not be as noisy about it.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (04-15-2021), Captain Snooze (04-14-2021), Dadhawk (04-14-2021), Spuds (04-14-2021), Wally86 (04-14-2021), weederr33 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 02:12 AM   #1637
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
If you wonder where the hostility comes from, the first part of your post isn't helping. Starting with an insult is a great way to get your points dismissed.
I’m just imagining our ancestors who were dealing with a world war and one of the biggest pandemics in known history at a time when medicine was still in its infancy and people were far less prepared, informed, equipped, etc just reading the whining and just being like really?

Old 04-14-2021, 02:25 AM   #1638
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. We agree on a LOT of the stuff discussed in this and the previous thread, and in addition to religion having specifically been "banned" from this subforum, I also don't think your comments or shitty memes about religion are worth it.

And they definitely don't help this conversation.

People can be as religious as they want and still respect the science, they may just not be as noisy about it.
No politics and no religion for a reason. We each start bringing up our specific deity and that deity’s opinion or religious dogma as arguments and all bets are off as irrational argument after irrational argument descends into flame wars where everyone is appealing to authority.

Memes are funny. People are too sensitive.

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck