follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting)

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2020, 07:44 AM   #1
beltax90

Drives: 2010 corolla
Thanked 1,798 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USED: LRB Speed Aluminum Door Panels $100

Up for sale are a pair of aluminum door panels made by LRB Speed. I'll admit I'll be taking a huge loss on these but I kinda just wanna be done with these already lol

https://lrbspeed.com/product/frs-brz...m-door-panels/

These go for $210 from their website w/o shipping. They don't come powder coated which wasn't cheap! another 200 was spent to get the final look I wanted (I had to find a local shop that finished these in wrinkle black. They did a great job btw!)

so around $500 was all in all invested in these things..

Will be honest, the fit isn't that great. You do have to muscle in the plastic clips that hold these things onto the doors and they're a PITA to take out (both the clips and the panels themselves)

maybe it's because i couldnt find the right clips to mount these (a lot of these don't sit flush with the panel when installed and you're likely to brake and have to replace the clips if say for some reason you needed to take the whole panel off to adjust something...)

also, getting the window switches to fit properly in the panels was a pain. the holes in the panels ended up being too small so i had to shave off excess plastic off the window switches to get them to fit.

WILL COME WITH ALL WINDOW AND LOCK SWITCHES TO SAVE YOU THE TROUBLE!! Plug and play but due keep in mind that I ordered these from LRB without the power mirror adjustment switch (you can prob fab up something on your own to fix that) and also there isnt a hole for the front speakers in the doors ( you can also prob cut one out yourself!)

other setbacks I had with these are the squeaks and rattles while driving. it can get annoying but have been too lazy to figure out exactly what's causing all the noise. I think it might be having not secured all the wiring for the windows, locks, etc behind the panel and they're rubbing up against the panels themselves?

There was a time where the pull strap to release the door cable was getting stuck. This has stopped but would prob be a good idea to make sure all the brackets that hold the door opening/closing mechanisms are properly secured.

But other than that these are cool lol! GT3 style pull straps, minimalist design to help clean up the inside, the finish goes with every interior. Very race car-like and perfect for a track focused 86/brz especially with all the race car like sounds that come with it if you're not able to get them to be quiet like I wasnt able to

Gives you more room for aftermarket seat rails, cages. Would actually recommended getting some huggy bucket seats after realizing how much the oem door cards keep you from flopping around which is another reason why I'm going back to stock.

Not much in terms of weight savings, had only saved 2 lbs on each side (4 total) and half of that is just taking out the front door speakers..

Looking to get a cool $100 out of these guys shipping not included. Located in San Diego but would prefer shipping given the current covid situation

Can provide better pictures if needed (especially of 1 or 2 scratches that you'll barley notice as well as one spot that has the powder coat chipping that you wont see with the door closed)

Thanks

beltax90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beltax90 For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (04-06-2020), DarkPira7e (05-12-2023)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
beltax90

Also just wanted to say that road noise def goes up with these, you'll have to slice open the plastic moisture guard to accommodate some wiring, and you'll need to reuse the rubber window sills that are riveted to the stock door cards. will come with instructions if i can find them but can also send pictures of my own setup for reference.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:39 PM   #3
Clutch Dog

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP , 2005 Saab 97X
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
gonna need to post some photos with a note, the guidelines have the rules, Ichi-san will get mad otherwise
Clutch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #4
beltax90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
gonna need to post some photos with a note, the guidelines have the rules, Ichi-san will get mad otherwise
1st pic
The Following User Says Thank You to beltax90 For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (04-06-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #5
beltax90

link with more pictures. also not that if you dont cut the rubber window sill it will rub up against the tiny triangle window.

**** will not include rubber door sills only window switches/locks ****

https://imgur.com/a/b5FsmZN
Old 04-04-2020, 02:13 PM   #6
degozaru

Drives: 2016 oceanic frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
these look cool
degozaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #7
Infinity

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
All of that for 4 lbs! I would have thought they would save a lot more.

They do actually look really cool, though.
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #8
beltax90

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltax90 View Post
link with more pictures. also not that if you dont cut the rubber window sill it will rub up against the tiny triangle window.

**** will not include rubber door sills only window switches/locks ****

https://imgur.com/a/b5FsmZN
as you can see backside will have some scratches from brackets/from the door itself behind panel. pretty deep scratched on the inside where they hang from the top of the door. these wont be seen by you or passengers obviously because it is the backside but just know that those are there from previous use and are not from shipping

the only cosmetic flaw that will be seen is on the driver's side top right:

powder coat started to chip where this hole meets the door jam (cut out to accommodate a bolt on there i believe). this wont be seen when the door is closed. other than that the finish has been really durable and has held up well
Old 07-30-2020, 09:05 AM   #9
ML

Drives: 13 White MT FR-S
Thanked 1,129 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
did you ever sell these?

Build Thread https://www.instagram.com/mount_tele_lion/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
I swear I will punch your car if you put these on. Right in the face.
ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 07:44 PM   #10
JDKane527

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Is this still available? I am in CA.