follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
4/29 BRZ Dedham, MA

On Sunday at 11am there will be a Blue 6MT BRZ at the JJRamble Walkathon which is sponsored by New England Subaru.

I do not know which color blue or which trim but I had been corresponding with a rep that originally told me it would be the white AT that was at UMass. 2 days ago he emailed me and said it would be blue and a MT.

He said test-drives would not be allowed and to schedule one with my local dealer.

Just wanted you guys to know. I wasn't impressed with the one in white at UMass. I will be driving a little over an hour to see the blue where I will decide if I want to put a downpayment on one with my local dealership.
ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
bladesamurai

Drives: 13 BRZ, 04 SV650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
There's a dark blue limited MT that was making the rounds a few weeks ago, it's probably the same car. I doubt we have that many pre-production cars running around new england.
bladesamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
brufleth

Drives: 2007 WRX
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll try to get down there to take a look at it. I still haven't seen one in person.

Was there anything particular about the one at UMass that you found unappealing?
brufleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by brufleth View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll try to get down there to take a look at it. I still haven't seen one in person.

Was there anything particular about the one at UMass that you found unappealing?
The color was Satin White Pearl. It is not a bright shiny white color. "White Satin" paints tend to look off white and this car looked like it was never waxed.

I didn't find the look of the car to live up to the beauty of photos we see of the car. It seemed smaller than I pictured it and it was very dull. Of course, I didn't expect it to live up to the enhanced photos but man I really hated it's dull dirty looking color.

I wasn't like "Wow" and I'm really hoping seeing one in blue will revive my interest. I really want the car so I'm driving out over an hour hoping this blue one will make me say "Wow."
Old 04-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
The color was Satin White Pearl. It is not a bright shiny white color. "White Satin" paints tend to look off white and this car looked like it was never waxed.

I didn't find the look of the car to live up to the beauty of photos we see of the car. It seemed smaller than I pictured it and it was very dull. Of course, I didn't expect it to live up to the enhanced photos but man I really hated it's dull dirty looking color.

I wasn't like "Wow" and I'm really hoping seeing one in blue will revive my interest. I really want the car so I'm driving out over an hour hoping this blue one will make me say "Wow."
I disagree but that's your opinion and respect it. I myself never considered the SWP until I saw it on the FRS and the BRZ. The day of the Umass was not always sunny. So maybe you caught it at bad time or maybe you didn't really examine it very well. I took photos of it at different anlgles to capture the difference and actually took photos of other cars at the show that were white so I can tell a difference. To me SWP is actually the underdog in my book. I always had DGM, WRB, and CBS as my top three colors. As I've already seen all those colors in person I feel WRB is great, but I'm most likely going to go with CBS. Though after seeing SWP it made me think it over and if came it down to the fact that my dealer didn't have CBS or WRB, but SWP was available, I'd take it and wouldn't regret it. The pictures I posted of the SWP Premium Automatic BRZ were not enhanced at all really. I wanted to show what I saw and you can see some photos with a bit of shade and others when the sunlight actually hits it.

Hope that helps out anyone who's interested in SWP.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
brzmass12

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
I disagree but that's your opinion and respect it. I myself never considered the SWP until I saw it on the FRS and the BRZ. The day of the Umass was not always sunny. So maybe you caught it at bad time or maybe you didn't really examine it very well. I took photos of it at different anlgles to capture the difference and actually took photos of other cars at the show that were white so I can tell a difference. To me SWP is actually the underdog in my book. I always had DGM, WRB, and CBS as my top three colors. As I've already seen all those colors in person I feel WRB is great, but I'm most likely going to go with CBS. Though after seeing SWP it made me think it over and if came it down to the fact that my dealer didn't have CBS or WRB, but SWP was available, I'd take it and wouldn't regret it. The pictures I posted of the SWP Premium Automatic BRZ were not enhanced at all really. I wanted to show what I saw and you can see some photos with a bit of shade and others when the sunlight actually hits it.

I couldn't agree with M-17 more!

To me SWP = Class and Sophistication

However, that's why they make the car in different colors as people have different needs. I think the BRZ stands on its own and doesn't need a flashy color to stand out, but I can appreciate why people might like WRB or SWP since these colors are truly unique.
brzmass12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

I'd love to see those photos. My buddy I brought with me to the show thought the car was "hot." This is why I want to see another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post

Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
I'd love to see those photos. My buddy I brought with me to the show thought the car was "hot." This is why I want to see another.
I posted more pics, here... http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...590#post192590 , check it after the jump. :happy0180:

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote