follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #1
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Drives: Raven GT86
Thanked 1,321 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SEAT HEIGHT

Is there a way to adjust the seat height of the passenger side site without buying a new seat or any major modifications.
My fiancé is currently sitting on a pillow because if she doesn't she can't see out the window. I want a solution that will keep the car looking stock in the inside.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
ZOMFGAARON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
vincent201089

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I know your feeling.

This seat is perfect for me. Nobody drives it but me. I'm 5'9 and I adjust the seat all the way up. It's perfect for me for daily drive but when I do some parking job, I always scare of hitting the car in front of/ behind me.

When I drove my old car, as long as the car fit the spot, I could do it no problem, just took more time for tight spot. But with this car, no. The seat is too low to get a perfect parking in tight spot.
vincent201089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
uEih

Drives: CBS Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent201089 View Post
I know your feeling.

This seat is perfect for me. Nobody drives it but me. I'm 5'9 and I adjust the seat all the way up. It's perfect for me for daily drive but when I do some parking job, I always scare of hitting the car in front of/ behind me.

When I drove my old car, as long as the car fit the spot, I could do it no problem, just took more time for tight spot. But with this car, no. The seat is too low to get a perfect parking in tight spot.
Haha I think you read the question wrong. The OP asked for passenger side
uEih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
DriftEightSix
Pegasus White

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I am looking at swapping the drivers side (LHD USD) base for my LHD PAssanger (Im in Australia and when have our shit on the right side...) so still looking into this but I think that is going to be the best bet. Or you can get spacers made up but not sure how legal that would be... (try to find my thread on this)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50112
Old 01-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

SEAT HEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uEih View Post
Haha I think you read the question wrong. The OP asked for passenger side

Yeah you read the question wrong I'm 5'11 and have to have it as low as possible to drive it but either way it applies to the situation she wants to drive the car sometimes too and complains about seat height.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

SEAT HEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftEightSix View Post
I am looking at swapping the drivers side (LHD USD) base for my LHD PAssanger (Im in Australia and when have our shit on the right side...) so still looking into this but I think that is going to be the best bet. Or you can get spacers made up but not sure how legal that would be... (try to find my thread on this)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50112

I can search for the part you need locally I'm in SoCal and I'm sure there are a few wrecked ones around that have that assembly! I maybe able to ship it to you if you're willing to do the same for me or possibly trade me? Since like I said I don't mind my seat being at the lowest position. Let me know and I can start browsing around in my free time.
I was also looking into just buying a new seat from a LHD gt86 or frs.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #7
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent201089 View Post
I know your feeling.

Have you found any resolutions? Or just park in large open spaces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #8
uEih

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON View Post
Yeah you read the question wrong I'm 5'11 and have to have it as low as possible to drive it but either way it applies to the situation she wants to drive the car sometimes too and complains about seat height.
Haha wait, you meant to quote the other post right because I corrected him that you meant the passenger side but maybe I'm wrong and confused. But if she drives it she can put the car seat all the way up if she wanted on the drivers side so that shouldn't be a problem except this is a case where automatic memory seats would be a great addition since switching drivers will be a hassle.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #9
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,827 Times in 16,429 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftEightSix View Post
......... Or you can get spacers made up but not sure how legal that would be...
I would look into this approach. A couple of metal (?) irons, a few holes, a few longer bolts.

OR ..... send that petite little lady friend of yours up to me and I'll send you a full grown one in return ...

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 AM   #10
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by uEih View Post
Haha wait, you meant to quote the other post right because I corrected him that you meant the passenger side but maybe I'm wrong and confused. But if she drives it she can put the car seat all the way up if she wanted on the drivers side so that shouldn't be a problem except this is a case where automatic memory seats would be a great addition since switching drivers will be a hassle.

Yeah you were right I meant the passenger seat but still the driver seat applies as well since she will drive it from time to time. Automatic memory seats is an option? I'm kind of a noob.

Old 01-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #11
ZOMFGAARON
A Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I would look into this approach. A couple of metal (?) irons, a few holes, a few longer bolts.

OR ..... send that petite little lady friend of yours up to me and I'll send you a full grown one in return ...

humfrz

Yeah I guess this could work. I wonder if anyone's done it? I've tried to search the forum but not much comes up on this topic. I'll pull the seat out this weekend to see what's possible.

As far as that or goes not happening!

Thanks for the offer though, I got a good laugh out of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZOMFGAARON For This Useful Post:
humfrz (01-02-2014)
Old 01-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #12
uEih

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON View Post
Yeah you were right I meant the passenger seat but still the driver seat applies as well since she will drive it from time to time. Automatic memory seats is an option? I'm kind of a noob.

Oh no it's not but I was just saying in this situation it would be a good option to have. I know the drivers side sits a lot higher than passenger though so as for her driving and seeing I think it'll be fine, just gonna be annoying adjusting the height every time you switch drivers.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #13
kALMIGHTY
Banned

Drives: TRD Ultramarine '13
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Wait, I'm just having a little bit of trouble understanding the situation.

She wants a higher seat as a passenger because she can't see out the window? I can picture that but I don't understand how that's a problem though. I mean, does the passenger's need to see out warrant getting a new seat or to modify anything too much?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an asshat, just trying to understand if I'm reading the situation correctly. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep the lady happy lol.

And if she wants to drive, then it's easy putting the seat up higher since the driver's side height is always adjustable.
kALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 AM   #14
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,827 Times in 16,429 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kALMIGHTY View Post
Wait, I'm just having a little bit of trouble understanding the situation............You gotta do what you gotta do to keep the lady happy lol......
Well, now, kALMIGHTY ...... it appears you just clarified your own understanding .....

@ZOMFGAARON ..... don't feel like a lone ranger. When mrs humfrz jumps into the passenger seat, the seat goes waaay back (so, I couldn't get my .45 out of the pouch on the back of the seat if I wanted to); the head rest gets reversed (cause it bugs her); a seat belt grabber gets put on; the vents on her side are all changed; her giant purse has to put some fresh scratches on the glove box door; a couple of cushions are stuffed around ...... and of course, it's always too hot or too cold. But I just love her company ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote