follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2019, 03:43 AM   #99
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkV View Post
Does anybody know if it's possible to add or show peak values? Eg peak boost?
yes, but it won t last long the peak showing, a couple of seconds
in the datalogging section you can always see min and max peak values reached, the same way as datalogging with Windows works
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #100
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
My ABS light only stays lit until I drive a short way then that light goes out.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:41 AM   #101
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
toast: i'd check fluid level. IIRC with well worn pads fluid level drops due thinner pads and further sticking out pistons, and lights up that indicator with cold brakes. Just add a bit brake fluid, if so.
EDIT
Though i might be wrong if ABS is one that is light, or if that was handbrake indicator :/
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #102
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
toast: i'd check fluid level. Usually with well worn pads fluid level drops due thinner pads and further sticking out pistons, and lights up that indicator with cold brakes. Just add a bit brake fluid, if so.

Be VERY careful with topping up brake fluid... if you fill it up with worn pads then when you replace pads it's going to be very over full.

There shouldn't be enough piston travel that still usable pads drop the fluid too low to trigger the light, so I'd also be looking for a leak or other reason why the fluid is too low.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #103
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
There are 2 different bluetooth modules available online that I see. One is bluetooth+proECU for ~$375 and one that is just bluetooth for ~$210. If I have the old cable/dongle setup for programming I can get the cheaper one and still have access to everything but flashing, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
you can also flash
just neee the old dongle that you have with the old. cable

I would bet the BT could still flash if there's already a license on the ECU, but not sure.

Quote:
So I got the bluetooth module. First thing it did was install updates. The button I see for Traction Control only seems to turn of the regular traction control, not the pedal dance (only traction light is lit, not vsc). Other people see something different?
Quote:
vsc should not light, trc light is good

3 second hold or pedal dance should light both the TC and VSC lights (yellow on an FRS, not sure on a BRZ). There's a third light, the green VSC sport, it shouldn't be lit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Eyo View Post
Mine turned everything off including ABS.

I'd double check that, pedal dance absolutely does not turn off ABS.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #104
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Yeah, when turning off traction control via the Bluetooth EcuTek app only the VSC light turns on, not TC. Makes me wonder if it is really doing the pedal dance.

As far as the ABS light, it only shows up if I turn off traction control in the app and then sit still. As soon as I move the ABS light goes out. It doesn't light up if I don't us the app, so it isn't a mechanical thing.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #105
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Be VERY careful with topping up brake fluid... if you fill it up with worn pads then when you replace pads it's going to be very over full.
I know, i know. New pads, and once one forgets to bleed excess after every corner, it may overflow already at next . I forgot at 3rd corner , when pushed pistons with spreader in calipers.
Quote:
There shouldn't be enough piston travel that still usable pads drop the fluid too low to trigger the light, so I'd also be looking for a leak or other reason why the fluid is too low.
Don't know. Maybe because even with completely new pads level was not max, but mid, maybe because due my penny pinching soul, drilling down pads past reasonable material thickness left (more probable ), but on stock calipers/rotors for each pad set so far at around last 1/3rd to 4/5th material left i needed some filling up to get level above minimum level to switch off that brake indicator on dash, that lit up now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I'd double check that, pedal dance absolutely does not turn off ABS.
But IIRC it works other way around? As in ABS fuse turns all the nannies off, not just ABS. I guess, probably because SC computer uses wheel speed sensors input, just as ABS does, and that fuse may disable those?
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #106
wparsons

Garage
VSC needs the ABS system active to work since it applies brakes at various corners to control the car. Pulling the ABS fuse will definitely disable VSC, but TC could still work since pulling the ABS fuse doesn't disable the speed sensors (otherwise you'd lose the speedo too). I'd bet that it disables TC too, but it *could* still work even with the ABS fuse pulled.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #107
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, when turning off traction control via the Bluetooth EcuTek app only the VSC light turns on, not TC. Makes me wonder if it is really doing the pedal dance.

As far as the ABS light, it only shows up if I turn off traction control in the app and then sit still. As soon as I move the ABS light goes out. It doesn't light up if I don't us the app, so it isn't a mechanical thing.

Does the TC light come back on above ~40km/h if you turn it off with EcuTek? Have you tried sliding around somewhere safe? That'll let you know REAL quick of the VSC is off or not.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #108
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I can't even fucking pair mine and it's driving me insane. I even tried a friend's device and it took fucking forever for me to finally get it to even show up when scanning for devices. Samsung S9+. Anyone else have this issue? Quite frustrating to be unable to use this fancy, expensive device... especially when I have a $50 MX adapter sitting in my glovebox that works just fine...

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:31 AM   #109
tomm.brz

yes with samsung it s a bit troublesome
also with px5 android radio, bluetooth never connect to it, i think the problem could be easily solved by removing the "-" character in the EVI bluetooth module name, but Ecutek doesn't want to listen when you ask them about connection problem they basically say: we are sorry, we are working on it, thank you, regards. I have to use usb connection constantly to get it working with my px5 android radio
Old 07-26-2019, 08:17 AM   #110
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
yes with samsung it s a bit troublesome
also with px5 android radio, bluetooth never connect to it, i think the problem could be easily solved by removing the "-" character in the EVI bluetooth module name, but Ecutek doesn't want to listen when you ask them about connection problem they basically say: we are sorry, we are working on it, thank you, regards. I have to use usb connection constantly to get it working with my px5 android radio
Wait, so is there a way to get it working via Bluetooth? What did you do to get it paired with your BT 5.0 device?

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #111
tomm.brz

i dont know how to help you, if you have pairing problems, and neither is Ecutek gonna help you with it

i just know that with my shitty 100€ Xiaomi it works super good. and connects super fast with bluetooth
with a Samsung s9 it doesnt work and with my Xtrons px5 radio neither, so i just keep it usb cabled and use it cabled on my radio

I tbink the EVI bluetooth is just shitty lowest quality ever, and not gonna pair with newest bluetooth standards, unless ecutek puts out a firmware update that fixes it
Old 07-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #112
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
I can't even fucking pair mine and it's driving me insane. I even tried a friend's device and it took fucking forever for me to finally get it to even show up when scanning for devices. Samsung S9+. Anyone else have this issue? Quite frustrating to be unable to use this fancy, expensive device... especially when I have a $50 MX adapter sitting in my glovebox that works just fine...
I don't have an s9+. I do have a note 9 though. I noticed that when I connected mine I just turned bluetooth on. I didn't go into my settings. I launched the app and it autoconnected by itself. It was odd, but I didn't have to force it to connect to anything. A prompt did come up saying that "are you sure you want to connect to this device?" I hit yes and it was good.

It's been a few days since your post, but did you figure it out?
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote