follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #533
atomicalex

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited Perf Pack
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not really a blacklist, but definitely a stupidlist.

Subruban Subaru in Troy, MI. My VW group dealer. Have bought a ton of dubs from teh VW shop. Went to their Subie shop three or four times and asked about ordering a car. Each time got the exact same line, no matter how many times I asked them in the space of minutes....
Quote:
These are really rare. We don't get very many.
Just completely clueless about getting me a car. I get supplier and a few other coupons, so it's not like I was even going to argue about the price....

Oh, well. I put the dealer I ordered from painlessly into the whitelist thread.
atomicalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #534
MilkyWitness

Drives: 2019 Pure Red BRZ with PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just had a bad experience with Subaru of Portland, Oregon.

Most of the trade for my previous car to my new BRZ was smooth, but they 'lost' my second keyfob. I have push button start so no physical key. I gave them 3 keys for my old car, and they only gave me one. They basically pushed me out the door to get rid of me, I would have stayed but I felt pretty ill at the time so I had to leave. I contacted them again and they are beating around the bush to get me a new one. I contacted subaru of america and they said they can't simply send me a new key, and want me to get a quote for a keyprice then compensate me somehow another way. The rep wasn't really helpful.
MilkyWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #535
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
People, stop dealing with salesmen.

Call a car broker, let them use their buying power and save you a ton of money.

Dealing with a car salesman is like asking a rapist to be gentle.

I have never seen anyone be able to match a deal a broker can get, no matter how good the person "thinks" they are at bargaining.
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #536
BitusB

Drives: 2020 BRZ rs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Avoid Hilltop Subaru in Vernon BC, Canada

I’ve owned Subarus since the early 90’s and have had the misfortune of dealing with my local dealership. I used to reluctantly give them my business until I found a Subaru whisperer named Ivan in 2000. I still own a Subaru and got a factory recall letter a few years back saying to bring my car to the dealership to have the passenger airbag and re-flash the ECU to help with emissions. Being a bit of a tree hugger I brought my car in. When they re-flashed the ECU something went wrong; not long after bringing the car home the dash lit up and my idle dropped to where when the clutch was engaged the car would stall if let your foot off the gas. I can say that it’s near impossible to not stall in traffic when you’re hitting red lights and trying to make left turns with no advance green, it’s dangerous! You need the quickest of feet or a third leg to get by. Anyway, they didn’t fix the problem after 4 attempts and I wound up driving a messed up car for months only to end up with a seized engine because Hilltop was the last ones to touch my car and I made the mistake of assuming they would leave oil in my car for me! They wouldn’t compensate me and it was very painful asking the owner who is a “man” who prefers the company of men and has gone under the cosmetic knife and looks like a freak whilst telling you he can’t help you out! I’m sure he’s got a kardashian ass he’s saving up for and can’t afford to be a stand up MAN. Bottom line, go see Ivan at Ivan’s imports or head 45km south to Anthony’s in Kelowna if you’re in the area.
BitusB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #537
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post

I have never seen anyone be able to match a deal a broker can get, no matter how good the person "thinks" they are at bargaining.
As a salesperson myself (non-automotive), I can confirm.
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #538
Breadman

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
can we add faulkner subaru of harrisburg pa to this list? Not only where they offended that my wife didnt pay over msrp for her crosstrek and couldnt tell me what xmode was, they tried to scam me on my blown engine, as well as mounted a my snow tire backwards, crossthreaded 2 lugs impacting them on and wanting 100+$ to replace them, and didnt put on the inside clip on my side marker they replaced because it was filled with water.

I just was forced to pay 116$ to have them scan my codes after i brought in my car that spit out a rocker on the highway. i told them i disconnected the battery due to fire risk and i read the codes anyway and here was a picture. They then went ahead and charged me 116$ to read then and have them "cleared", then declined my warranty. They told me i could spend 1600$ for them to "inspect" my engine and they MIGHT overturn the decision. clearly a scam, and they are trying to take advantage of people that dont know much about cars. i have the invoice if you want am image.
Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #539
Jdmjunkie

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
can we add faulkner subaru of harrisburg pa to this list? Not only where they offended that my wife didnt pay over msrp for her crosstrek and couldnt tell me what xmode was, they tried to scam me on my blown engine, as well as mounted a my snow tire backwards, crossthreaded 2 lugs impacting them on and wanting 100+$ to replace them, and didnt put on the inside clip on my side marker they replaced because it was filled with water.

I just was forced to pay 116$ to have them scan my codes after i brought in my car that spit out a rocker on the highway. i told them i disconnected the battery due to fire risk and i read the codes anyway and here was a picture. They then went ahead and charged me 116$ to read then and have them "cleared", then declined my warranty. They told me i could spend 1600$ for them to "inspect" my engine and they MIGHT overturn the decision. clearly a scam, and they are trying to take advantage of people that dont know much about cars. i have the invoice if you want am image.
You should report them to the BBB. For all the good that it will do.

Are there any other dealers nearby?
Jdmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:48 PM   #540
Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmjunkie View Post
You should report them to the BBB. For all the good that it will do.

Are there any other dealers nearby?

like a 1/2 hour south in york. my wife actually got literally the same car for 1200$ cheaper. i knew they sucked and they did shit work but i was absolutely shocked when i saw the print out for 116$. its basic knowledge. also the "inspection" fee has to be a scam. SoA backed them too. probably going to look into getting a lawyer
Old 04-07-2021, 08:07 PM   #541
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post

Where do I find a car broker?
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:04 PM   #542
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
like a 1/2 hour south in york. my wife actually got literally the same car for 1200$ cheaper. i knew they sucked and they did shit work but i was absolutely shocked when i saw the print out for 116$. its basic knowledge. also the "inspection" fee has to be a scam. SoA backed them too. probably going to look into getting a lawyer
I trust Apple in York to be honest, but be mindful of any work they do. I've had multiple issues with missing and stripped bolts on warranty work and scheduled service. Nothing like cross-threaded lugs, but they stripped 3 of the four driver's seat bolts when replacing the cover, and handed me back a car where the seatbelt wasn't bolted in. On an oil change in the WRX they didn't replace any of the bolts on the engine splash guard, or left them so loose that all three somehow fell out within a day. Stuff like that.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:25 AM   #543
Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
I trust Apple in York to be honest, but be mindful of any work they do. I've had multiple issues with missing and stripped bolts on warranty work and scheduled service. Nothing like cross-threaded lugs, but they stripped 3 of the four driver's seat bolts when replacing the cover, and handed me back a car where the seatbelt wasn't bolted in. On an oil change in the WRX they didn't replace any of the bolts on the engine splash guard, or left them so loose that all three somehow fell out within a day. Stuff like that.

faulkner did that when they resealed my pan and didnt clean off the old maker and just added to it. i figured that is par for the course. honestly i just dont take my car to the dealer unless its my only option