follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #449
alexb99

Drives: None
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBacon1052 View Post
Texas is a little hard to find a FR-S / Extremely hard to find a BRZ! If you do get an FR-S, I highly recommend Fred Haas Toyota WORLD not Country. Toyota Country's service is absolutely refuckindiculous. If you buy at Toyota Country, make sure you verify and have proof of every warranty you have! They are trying as hard as they can to screw me over.
Actually we went to both Country and World, and neither dealer had one. Must be in really high demand!
alexb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #450
FT8TSIX

Drives: Nissan 350z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
$5995.00 markup?

This weekend I went to Stevens Creek Subaru in San Jose, CA and learned they are charging a "Added Mark-up" of $5995.00 for a stock BRZ Premium.

This seemed outrageous to me... Is this common?

------

You'll also notice on the sticker that they crossed out what appears to be the original dealer (Capitol Mitsubishi) which paid "$770.00" for destination and delivery and had the original retail price at "$26,265.00".

------

Additionally they would not allow me to test drive it... Needless to say, I'll never visit Stevens Creek Subaru in San Jose again.

Does anyone have any Subaru dealer recommendations for the SF Bay Area?
Attached Images

FT8TSIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #451
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT8TSIX View Post
This weekend I went to Stevens Creek Subaru in San Jose, CA and learned they are charging a "Added Mark-up" of $5995.00 for a stock BRZ Premium.

------

You'll also notice on the sticker that they crossed out what appears to be the original dealer (Capitol Mitsubishi) which paid "$770.00" for destination and delivery and had the original retail price at "$26,265.00".

------

Additionally they would not allow me to test drive it... Needless to say, I'll never visit Stevens Creek Subaru in San Jose again.

good luck selling that, the BRZ isn't as rare as some might think. so hopefully no one buys this one until they drop the price
Old 03-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #452
Goody

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited CBS 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmayol View Post
I've been talking to Royal Moore Subaru in Hillsboro, OR. According to them someone walked away from very soon to be arriving SWP Limited with MT. Email exchange was nice and prompt but the price was not. At first they quoted it 1K over MSRP [+ ~$450 for options on top of that]. I made an offer of $150 over MSRP [options included, as I would not have selected them in first place] which they declined saying they now intend putting it in a showroom for 3K over MSRP. I suppose since the car is not there yet they can play all these games...
These guys were shady as all get out. I went and looked at that white BRZ limited MT with the fancy mirror and trunk applique and they had it marked up $2,000 over MSRP *AFTER* the accessories and destination. This was Feb 13th 2013. They also had an asphault grey BRZ premium AT which was marked up about $1,500 *AFTER* destination. When I asked about them the dealer said "That is a dealer fee... we can talk about that if you want when you have the money for the car." The guy came off as a slimy slum lord and was trying to bully me into taking a 5.66% APR on a 72-month loan despite having an 866 credit score. Needless to say I walked out. *Royal Moore = Big Bad Dudes*

If you've access to the Willamette Valley, I suggest *John & Phil's in Corvallis* via Scott Geoff. They have sold multiple cars to forum members and have never even suggested more than MSRP. I custom ordered with a 4-6 month waiting list and they managed to bring in the same car in 28 days! They will also text you when your loan comes through/car is ready or arrives --or when they see you driving around town! If you bring in a sale, they also send you a finders fee of at least $100. My friend who invited me to this forum also brought me to J&Ps --after he had a great time buying his WRB BRZ premium MT there-- and walked away with $100! If anyone in Oregon wants to buy a BRZ/FR-S come on down (they are Toyota/Subi) and I'll split the finders fee 50-50! =)

TLDR: Royal Moore = Thumbs Down, John & Phil's = Huge Thumbs Up!
Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #453
FRS91761

Drives: 2013 SCION FR-S 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Capitol Subaru in SJ maybe?
FRS91761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #454
FT8TSIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS91761 View Post
Capitol Subaru in SJ maybe?
Thanks FRS91761,
  • Did you buy from them?
  • Did they have a markup?
  • Do they allow test drives?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #455
FRS91761

Drives: 2013 SCION FR-S 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Thanks FRS91761,
  • Did you buy from them?
  • Did they have a markup?
  • Do they allow test drives?
no I did not my friend in bayarea did he got the white limited for MSRP last year.

however, the prices on BRZ keeps changing. one day mark up one day no mark up.

before I get my FR-S I was looking at BRZ. been screwed around by Subaru dealers here in LA. Then I went to Miller Toyota/Scion in Anaheim.
they have 12 FR-S there with MSRP.
so I picked mine paid them and get out.
FRS91761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #456
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

------

------

When I was shopping for my BRZ, Glendale Subaru in SoCal was asking $7000 over MSRP, Costa Mesa Subaru was asking $5000 over MSRP, Long Beach Subaru was asking $4000 over MSRP, and Irvine Subaru had $3000 over MSRP. Except for Irvine Subaru, no other dealerships were willing to budge even $1 from their asking price. Needless to say, I found an awesome deal out of state and brought home my baby by paying a whole lot less.
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #457
FT8TSIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E View Post
I found an awesome deal out of state and brought home my baby by paying a whole lot less.
What out of state dealer did you use?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #458
caster

Drives: Acura TSX
Is there a dealership in SoCal that you guys would recommend that you've had good experience with and did not get ripped off in terms of mark-ups? Thanks!
caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #459
Solkanar512

Drives: Jeep (for now)
Has anyone had any luck using the Subaru VIP program?
Solkanar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #460
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
What out of state dealer did you use?
Peoria Subaru in Arizona.
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #461
genotype

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ LTD DGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caster View Post
Is there a dealership in SoCal that you guys would recommend that you've had good experience with and did not get ripped off in terms of mark-ups? Thanks!
I bought my LTD AT DGM at South Coast Subaru in Costa Mesa. They originally were asking $5k over sticker, but after I found the same one coming into Ladin Subaru in Thousand Oaks that they were selling for sticker, South Coast immediately matched it no questions asked. They did try to sneak in the 7 year warranty into my finance, but I quickly caught that and chastised him for it.
genotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #462
PeterB

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited WRB
All this current pricing with markups on the west coast is ridiculous (and possible only because of misinformation and some people actually paying those prices (maybe?)). On the east coast, you can now buy around the invoice, which is about $1,400 below MSRP. If you want more info, see my other recent postings.

There are also postings about good deals in Denver.
PeterB is offline   Reply With Quote