follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-02-2014, 04:51 AM   #29
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Drives: Prospective BRZ owner.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@86 Dreams

Yes I agree... I think a lot of parents have no idea what their kids are up to. However, what is also true is that there are parents who know their kids are pieces of shit..... but they are happy cause so are they.

@NWFRS

Can I know about what you face, how old you are and what you do about it? I am just curious is all.

@LadyFRS

Yes....definitely.... that is not kids being kids.... those are kids stuck in a sick fucked up mentality.

as @n2oinferno stated.... to a point.... things are horseplay and actually kids being kids..... but beyond that.... this is just weird,fucked up bullshit. Parents use that quote most likely to avert responsibility or to realize how terrible of a job they did.

Aslo @n20inferno, I find it HILARIOUS how stupid schools have the deciding factor on how to punish such altercations. There should be one thing and one thing only and that is the police arresting and throwing the bully who assaulted the other kid in juvi. I really can't get my mind around how on fuking earth people don't already see that.
gt8613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #30
jeepmor

Drives: 84 CJ7, 08 Duramax, 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Yeah, I had a 6th grader bully with me and my two friends as second graders. One day, we got the upper hand, tackled him, and my elbow snapped his forearm like a twig, both bones. His wrist was parallel, but no longer in line with the rest. Not because I think that's cool, but because he deserved it. Early Karma lesson for that one.
jeepmor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeepmor For This Useful Post:
gt8613 (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #31
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm 33 now and grew up as a military child, and before middle school I was a small kid, and everytime my dad changed duty station, in my new school I always had to fight the biggest, dumbest bully, there was.

It was expected, my dad taught me how to handle bullies at a young age. And he told me If I ever bullied people that he'd come looking for me, and if I was being bullied he wouldn't let me in the house until I whooped that bullies ass.

This stopped in middle school when I got bigger and I was no longer a target of bullies, maybe it was how I carried myself, which exuded, "come fuck with me, I'll whoop yer ass" as fighting grew as a part of my culture and became normal.

Back in the day, you stood up to them and it stopped, but now with all the social media, it seems they can just bombard you mentally and psychologically until you break. I'm glad I grew up in the era I did. I don't fuck with facebook and all that bullshit either, the younger generation bullies have more tools and mediums to bully with.
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #32
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,233 Times in 2,957 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFRZ View Post
Will make the high school reunion that much more interesting,I guess.. Seeing how some of the bullies are still giving me the same shit they gave me that many years ago.
Don't go to your high school reunion...you have nothing to prove to these people. They don't matter. As a grown up you can choose the company you keep now so don't choose them.

Everyone in my middle and high schools was pretty nice in retrospect. No real bullies that I can remember. A few kids that were teased occasionally but very little bullying. I remember having a few "friends" that were assholes, but I don't know if I'd call them bullies. Just assholes.

I think I was lucky though. My school seems like an exception. Even the popular kids were pretty friendly with everyone.

- Andy
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
YukiHachiRoku (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #33
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I went to a Jesuit, all male high school. It was extremely competitive in sports, academics, you name it

We had a motto at our school, "Men For Others", and if you saw someone being bullied, you were expected to help that person out and find a way to prevent it from happening again. Also, we worked it out on the field (football +1), etc..

My high school never had major issues with bullying, and although people were hard on me, it toughened me up and prepared me for real-life situations. I preferred the old-school style of my high-school to the new-aged / sue-happy public school ideals.

When I was in public school, (K-8th grade), they didn't do anything about bullying until someone needed to be punished or there was a fight.

I think parenting is one of the biggest factors in bullying as well. Some parents are under the impression that their kids are perfect angels and never do anything wrong, but they are schmucks when adults aren't around. The "eddie haskell" kids..

Anyways, parents should teach their kids to step up to bullies, not through physical violence, but to work it out like adults. If it continues, then the parents should force them to work it out and put their differences aside.

It is a real problem, and it can ruin lives IMO

That's my .02

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #34
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
What do you do when you have kids and parents like the ones in the video I posted earlier?
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #35
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
What do you do when you have kids and parents like the ones in the video I posted earlier?
Have your dad kick the shit out of the bullies dad, BAM.
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #36
executivekoala

Drives: fr-s
I was a fat kid, got bullied and made fun of. I went to the gym, lost weight and got girls...simple. I think we live in a world were people don't have thick skin and cant take confrontation. I hate to say it but people are weak now and if you cant take getting made fun of without having to see a therapist My mom told me if I get made fun of, punch the dude in the face..shit worked pretty well...sometimes kids need to learn to settle things the old school way.
executivekoala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to executivekoala For This Useful Post:
YukiHachiRoku (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #37
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
taser the shit out of em? lol call the cops. they certainly dont seem like people that will get very far in life... unless they have boat loads of drug money. they seem kind of stupid so...
Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #38
Atticus808

Drives: Splash Mountain
Thanked 2,337 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
GSP used to be bullied..... look at him now
bully's are just insecure about themselves and need to put someone else down to make themselves feel better.
Atticus808 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atticus808 For This Useful Post:
YukiHachiRoku (04-03-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #39
LadyFRZ
Car N00b

Drives: 97 Miata
Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by executivekoala View Post
I was a fat kid, got bullied and made fun of. I went to the gym, lost weight and got girls...simple. I think we live in a world were people don't have thick skin and cant take confrontation. I hate to say it but people are weak now and if you cant take getting made fun of without having to see a therapist My mom told me if I get made fun of, punch the dude in the face..shit worked pretty well...sometimes kids need to learn to settle things the old school way.
Man,I wish.
I would've loved to just kick the shit out of my bullies, but nowadays, if you look at a kid wrong,you could be sued. (And all those stories of kids standing up to bullies and getting expelled)
I feel we're moving into the wrong direction.

Bravo though for losing the weight.
LadyFRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #40
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus808 View Post
GSP used to be bullied..... look at him now
bully's are just insecure about themselves and need to put someone else down to make themselves feel better.
Who is GSP?

And yes I agree. In my experience most bullies are cowardly and petty. I was going to write another post about it later.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #41
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Grew up military, in a Marine family with Marine values. Military DoD schools were all fine and dandy, it wasn't until I moved back to the U.S. where I began to get bullied. From 4th grade all the way until 10th grade I was picked on. Not just verbally abused (called Jap, *****, etc.), but the first year I moved here, I was in the principal's office every week for physical altercations with students. Several times I had to fight multiple kids at once.

It's just something you get used to. I was taught to ignore the insults, they're simply words. It wasn't until someone laid hands on me that I was given the okay to retaliate - because to not do so would only encourage more violence. I've found it as a good solution.

Ironically enough, the friends that I would later have in life would be some of the meanest people to me (and me to them). Although that sounds counter intuitive, it makes it so that others' words don't really offend me anymore.
Jyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #42
Atticus808

Drives: Splash Mountain
Thanked 2,337 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt8613 View Post
Who is GSP?

And yes I agree. In my experience most bullies are cowardly and petty. I was going to write another post about it later.
Georges St. Pierre
If you don't know who he is, look him up. He's pretty much the best UFC fighter ever. Took up martial arts cause he was bullied as a child
Atticus808 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atticus808 For This Useful Post:
gt8613 (04-03-2014)