follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 11-25-2015, 11:46 AM   #6707
iLLDYNASTi

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I was told by Zach at Delicious Tuning that the vacuum actuator orientation could effect the AFR on the car. Any one know how it's supposed to be oriented?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 09:52 PM   #6708
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Drives: '16 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
delete

Last edited by Rifle; 12-10-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rifle For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (11-25-2015), sato (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #6709
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLDYNASTi View Post
So I was told by Zach at Delicious Tuning that the vacuum actuator orientation could effect the AFR on the car. Any one know how it's supposed to be oriented?

Did you get this sorted out or do you need me to go take a picture of mine?
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #6710
iLLDYNASTi

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A picture would be great. I'm also now waiting on a new intake pipe and trying to get a stock air box again. Greg from Sprintex said that the custom piping I did to use my grimmspeed box is likely what's fucking everything up.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #6711
SprintexUSA

Drives: 2014 FT86
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Don't modify your plastic intake pipe to relocate the MAF element in there. This is like changing to a different MAF, but with worse results. This messes with the MAF signal quite a bit.
SprintexUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #6712
Harro

Drives: 2014 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Howdy all, I've been trawling this thread for some ideas, although it is difficult sorting out the good from the bad.

I'm running an intercooled 210 - serial number S5-210-010313-0001. The number worries me a bit - I only had the blower installed about 9 months ago and I have a feeling I've been duped with an old stock model....any way I'm facing some issues that I am trying to reduce.

One is power - I'm only sitting at about 135 rwkw on 98 RON fuel - I would expect this kit to make around 150 rwkw at least.

The other one is heat - on a recent sprint session here in Queensland where the ambient air temp was 34 degrees C (94 F), track temp would've been at least 45 C (113 F) I would imagine.

I have two after market IAT's - One in the airbox for intake temps, one post screw/intercooler, the airbox temp was sitting pretty around 45 degrees C, after 4 laps, post screw temp hit a whopping 69 degrees C - 156 F.

I'm running an oil cooler, so oil was a happy 90 C (194 F), coolant never saw over 90 C - everything else was apples.

Headers have been ceramic coated, bonnet is a siebon CF Vented, both engine and intercooler coolant have been boosted with Motul Mo Cool and flow into the engine bay is good, I've ensured there is no high pressure behind the radiator.

There are a couple of idea's I've had - insulate the coolant line into the Laminova plate...avoid any of the heat from the oil cooler lines affecting the coolant, insulate the plastic intake tube into the blower to stop heat soak, remove the skid plate from the bottom of the engine bay to increase air flow past the headers to remove some of the heat travelling upwards. Larger water pump in the intercooler circuit to increase the flow....

I'm open to other suggestions, so fire away!
Harro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #6713
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harro View Post
Howdy all, I've been trawling this thread for some ideas, although it is difficult sorting out the good from the bad.

I'm running an intercooled 210 - serial number S5-210-010313-0001. The number worries me a bit - I only had the blower installed about 9 months ago and I have a feeling I've been duped with an old stock model....any way I'm facing some issues that I am trying to reduce.

One is power - I'm only sitting at about 135 rwkw on 98 RON fuel - I would expect this kit to make around 150 rwkw at least.

The other one is heat - on a recent sprint session here in Queensland where the ambient air temp was 34 degrees C (94 F), track temp would've been at least 45 C (113 F) I would imagine.

I have two after market IAT's - One in the airbox for intake temps, one post screw/intercooler, the airbox temp was sitting pretty around 45 degrees C, after 4 laps, post screw temp hit a whopping 69 degrees C - 156 F.

I'm running an oil cooler, so oil was a happy 90 C (194 F), coolant never saw over 90 C - everything else was apples.

Headers have been ceramic coated, bonnet is a siebon CF Vented, both engine and intercooler coolant have been boosted with Motul Mo Cool and flow into the engine bay is good, I've ensured there is no high pressure behind the radiator.

There are a couple of idea's I've had - insulate the coolant line into the Laminova plate...avoid any of the heat from the oil cooler lines affecting the coolant, insulate the plastic intake tube into the blower to stop heat soak, remove the skid plate from the bottom of the engine bay to increase air flow past the headers to remove some of the heat travelling upwards. Larger water pump in the intercooler circuit to increase the flow....

I'm open to other suggestions, so fire away!

This is where people tell you to run e85. I'd like answers to your question as well. I have a feeling that it will come down to the efficiency and capacity of the intercooler smashed between the blower and the manifold. I'm guessing if they went with a manifold like the Cosworth with dual intercoolers that the temperature would be less, but that's just speculation, but also a reason I've been throwing around the idea of swapping kits.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:55 PM   #6714
Harro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
This is where people tell you to run e85. I'd like answers to your question as well. I have a feeling that it will come down to the efficiency and capacity of the intercooler smashed between the blower and the manifold. I'm guessing if they went with a manifold like the Cosworth with dual intercoolers that the temperature would be less, but that's just speculation, but also a reason I've been throwing around the idea of swapping kits.
Yeah the move to E85 has been very tempting - I just don't know if I drive the car often enough to avoid the fuel 'going off' between drives - in 2 years I've done about 14,000km and most of that to, from and at the track.

Could invest in a flex fuel option - but that's not going to help intake temps. I think you're spot on right - the fact the laminova plate is sandwiched between two heat sources doesn't help matters. As a daily though this kit is awesome - I rarely see 10 degress post screw above ambient and it gives the car a great kick....if only it could handle the track better!
Old 12-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #6715
jwvand02

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah the move to E85 has been very tempting - I just don't know if I drive the car often enough to avoid the fuel 'going off' between drives - in 2 years I've done about 14,000km and most of that to, from and at the track.

Could invest in a flex fuel option - but that's not going to help intake temps. I think you're spot on right - the fact the laminova plate is sandwiched between two heat sources doesn't help matters. As a daily though this kit is awesome - I rarely see 10 degress post screw above ambient and it gives the car a great kick....if only it could handle the track better!
You could get a tune that utilizes map switching, make gas your primary map and switch it over to E85 for the track.
jwvand02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #6716
Harro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvand02 View Post
You could get a tune that utilizes map switching, make gas your primary map and switch it over to E85 for the track.
While E85 would undoubtedly run cooler, would it make that much of a difference to the intake temps?
Old 12-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #6717
jwvand02

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:
While E85 would undoubtedly run cooler, would it make that much of a difference to the intake temps?
Probably not, it makes a big difference in power though. Have you looked at others' logs to see if their IATs are similar?
jwvand02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #6718
azynneo

Drives: FR-S
quick question, is there supposed to be a washer or an O-ring where the dipstick is
azynneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #6719
SpeedWi

Drives: 2014 BRZ (SOLD)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post
quick question, is there supposed to be a washer or an O-ring where the dipstick is
Not that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2015, 08:52 PM   #6720
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

Do you know where I could source a post blower air temperature plate, and temp sensor, or are you the guy I already asked a while ago? or if you don't use the MAP plate to monitor temps, where are you doing it?

For your temperature question I would ask Mike at Moto-East. He's very familiar with the kit and the 335 kit as well. He's pretty busy however so don't expect instant turnaround with a response.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.