follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 06-18-2021, 08:10 AM   #2717
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,986 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need to stop roaming Epic and Steam Store, haven't even finished the last 4 games that I bought, and I just got Kingdom Hearts for PC, even though I've played it since PS2. Oh well.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #2718
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I need to stop roaming Epic and Steam Store, haven't even finished the last 4 games that I bought, and I just got Kingdom Hearts for PC, even though I've played it since PS2. Oh well.
Yea, I don't even look at the sales any longer unless I'm looking for a specific game. Last count, I have around 200 games between Epic, GOG, Steam, and EA I haven't even downloaded. Most I paid under $5 for but that still adds up!

To be fair, the majority are Steam games that came from Humble Bundle, where there was one or two games in the bundle I did play, but the others were "extras".

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #2719
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Any PC Gamers Around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
MS didn't really extend WIN7 very much. They normally support an OS for 10 years (5 years mainstream, 5 years extended). They supported WIN7 for just over 11 years and that was thanks to the failure that was WIN8.

Still, it will likely take WIN10 a while to die as WIN7. For most home users, there is no real incentive to change until they buy new computers. It will likely be adopted more quickly by businesses than OS in the past just from a security prospective. WIN7 to WIN10 adoption (while still ongoing) was driven by these same concerns.

If the upgrade is free for people with W10 keys, I don’t see a season not to upgrade. The intercompatibility of 7/8/10 has been really good so as long as the under the hood changes are incremental (which they sound like they are), I wouldn’t expect big issues.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 09:22 AM   #2720
spcmafia

Quote:
Yea, I don't even look at the sales any longer unless I'm looking for a specific game. Last count, I have around 200 games between Epic, GOG, Steam, and EA I haven't even downloaded. Most I paid under $5 for but that still adds up!

To be fair, the majority are Steam games that came from Humble Bundle, where there was one or two games in the bundle I did play, but the others were "extras".

My thing is that I want to play what I consider my 'classics' at a higher resolution and FPS that I would've ever enjoyed playing console. I even got L4D and F.E.A.R 2 for the lolz. But I got most of my games on sale, I don't remember the last time I paid full price for a game. Like Resident Evil Village, I'll wait til the hype is over and I can get it at a discounted price. I might make an exception for Farcry 6 and a new Elder Scrolls.
Dadhawk (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 09:27 AM   #2721
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,937 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
But I got most of my games on sale, I don't remember the last time I paid full price for a game. Like Resident Evil Village, I'll wait til the hype is over and I can get it at a discounted price. I might make an exception for Farcry 6 and a new Elder Scrolls.
I rarely buy a game at full price. The last one was MS Flight Simulator but only because it basically included a "subscription" to all the upcoming updates. Before that, I think I paid retail for Fallout 4, but that was because I had a giftcard to Steam.

Even for premium franchises I always play (Assassins Creed, Fallout, Far Cry, Just Cause, etc) I lag about a year or so behind release.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 09:28 AM   #2722
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Garage
Quote:
My thing is that I want to play what I consider my 'classics' at a higher resolution and FPS that I would've ever enjoyed playing console. I even got L4D and F.E.A.R 2 for the lolz. But I got most of my games on sale, I don't remember the last time I paid full price for a game. Like Resident Evil Village, I'll wait til the hype is over and I can get it at a discounted price. I might make an exception for Farcry 6 and a new Elder Scrolls.

Yes, same boat here. I love being able to play the games I never played over 30 FPS on a laptop again. This time even just locked 60FPS at 2X supersampled 1080P makes them so much better to play.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #2723
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Yes, same boat here. I love being able to play the games I never played over 30 FPS on a laptop again. This time even just locked 60FPS at 2X supersampled 1080P makes them so much better to play.

I got NFS: Carbon and it was reading 165+ FPS on max settings, it was glorious. I don't think I've ever enjoyed that game as much as I am now.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:01 AM   #2724
spcmafia

Quote:
I rarely buy a game at full price. The last one was MS Flight Simulator but only because it basically included a "subscription" to all the upcoming updates. Before that, I think I paid retail for Fallout 4, but that was because I had a giftcard to Steam.

Even for premium franchises I always play (Assassins Creed, Fallout, Far Cry, Just Cause, etc) I lag about a year or so behind release.

I need to get MS.F.S. I heard is a ton of fun, but I'd like to have a more powerful card first. I should be okay with a 1660 S, but I always want more. I also need to finish all the other games too haha.
Dadhawk (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #2725
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Garage
Quote:
I got NFS: Carbon and it was reading 165+ FPS on max settings, it was glorious. I don't think I've ever enjoyed that game as much as I am now.

God, I have carbon on my Xbox 360. It runs like absolute garbage.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:30 AM   #2726
spcmafia

Quote:
God, I have carbon on my Xbox 360. It runs like absolute garbage.

Trying to get Underground 1 and 2 and see how they run. But Im going all out with the oldies but goodies.
Yoshoobaroo (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 11:31 AM   #2727
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Garage
Any PC Gamers Around?

Quote:
Trying to get Underground 1 and 2 and see how they run. But Im going all out with the oldies but goodies.

Underground 1 and 2 are tricky to get to run right on current windows. XP compatibility mode as administrator works, but U1 always forgets my controller bindings, and U2 has the ‘every car is a Corolla’ bug that ruins your save game.

I would pay full price for a frame for frame remaster of U1+U2 with free roam added to U1. U1/2 had the best vehicle dynamics. Maybe add the MW police too.

Did you hear that EA? I’ll pay!
Old 06-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #2728
spcmafia

Quote:
Underground 1 and 2 are tricky to get to run right on current windows. XP compatibility mode as administrator works, but U1 always forgets my controller bindings, and U2 has the ‘every car is a Corolla’ bug that ruins your save game.

I would pay full price for a frame for frame remaster of U1+U2 with free roam added to U1. U1/2 had the best vehicle dynamics. Maybe add the MW police too.

Did you hear that EA? I’ll pay!

There were rumors about a remaster, but COVID fckd everything up, especially since they pulled literally every breathing body, from every EA studio, to work on Battlefield. There's also the issue with Toyota not willing to use their brands on "Street Racing" games. Payback was meh, Heat was okay, too Forza-ish with a cringy story and characters. They've lost their way and they could've just worked from their 2015 tittle which was okay, just needed tweaking in the handling system and cop chase.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #2729
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Garage
Quote:
There were rumors about a remaster, but COVID fckd everything up, especially since they pulled literally every breathing body, from every EA studio, to work on Battlefield. There's also the issue with Toyota not willing to use their brands on "Street Racing" games. Payback was meh, Heat was okay, too Forza-ish with a cringy story and characters. They've lost their way and they could've just worked from their 2015 tittle which was okay, just needed tweaking in the handling system and cop chase.

2015 was the last one I don’t regret spending money on.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:13 PM   #2730
spcmafia

Quote:
2015 was the last one I don’t regret spending money on.

I know! It was honestly a very solid game, great graphics, it was cheesy acting but hey, got to hang with Nakai San and Ken Block haha. It had some flaws but it was a step in the right direction. The next installments just look so cartoon-ish, which is why I don't really like Forza, something about the way the cars look.

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080