follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #43
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Drives: AE86 & depressing SUV
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I imagine they'll be taking refundable deposits, kind of like a first right of refusal. Really the only point of taking your cash temporarily is to show you're not a tyre kicker and are dead serious about wanting one.

TBH I can see a lot of dealerships saying they have a lot of pre-orders, just to put some kind of pressure on those considering it. I might put $100 or so down on one if I can get it back, should I not be happy with the car (unlikely) or the price (likely). Given that we're 6+ months out from launch, only idiot dealerships that you wouldn't want to sign with anyway will take non-refundable deposits.
PuGZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #44
Smacca

Drives: 2004 Mazda MX-5 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm considering placing a deposit now at my local dealer after being burnt by VW. I ordered a new Polo GTI in Feb 11, only 3 months after launch. Told the wait was 12 months, yet after 10 months VW still can't even give me a future production date. Ive been informed the current waiting time for a GTI order placed today is 18 months (and that's 12 months after launch!).

I can only see demand for the 86 being even greater. IMO, if you don't order one either before, or immediately after it's launch, you can forget about getting one before mid 2013... Of cause it all depends on how Toyota Aus manages supply and its allocation...
Smacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #45
JDM-20L

Drives: JZZ12, 86 on pre-order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
I'm considering placing a deposit now at my local dealer after being burnt by VW. I ordered a new Polo GTI in Feb 11, only 3 months after launch. Told the wait was 12 months, yet after 10 months VW still can't even give me a future production date. Ive been informed the current waiting time for a GTI order placed today is 18 months (and that's 12 months after launch!).
Your not the only one! My sister placed her order on her Polo GTI last December and only just took delivery of it last month, this is of course after being promised that they'd deliver it in april!

I have a lot more faith in Toyota for delivery times... I've been advised they may deliver cars as early as the release date of June 2012.
JDM-20L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #46
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Toyota operates very differently to VW. With Toyota, there is pretty much no factory option. you can only choose spec, manual or auto and colour. Toyota would just keep building the same cars.

VW is very different. you can option your car to your taste/requirement and they will build your car to your order. if you are not buying a car in stock/somewhere in Australia/being shipped over/built and waiting to ship over then they can't tell you a firm date when it will be built. they can only tell you an estimated built date and if there is any delays it will just drag on. to have a car built per your order, the minimum time is 6-7 months (less if they have an order in the system waiting to be built, they can still change the spec a week before built date) between placing your order and seeing your car. with popular models like the GTIs, it's only gonna get worse.

therefore i'm not too worried about supply with Toyota.
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #47
Smacca

Drives: 2004 Mazda MX-5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post
Toyota operates very differently to VW. With Toyota, there is pretty much no factory option. you can only choose spec, manual or auto and colour. Toyota would just keep building the same cars.
That is a good point, I never thought of it that way.

I do prefer the idea of selecting individual options on a new car. It would be great if Toyota Aus just offered a base 86 and you can tick which box you like. LSD yes, climate control no, etc. But it's definitely not worth a year's wait for customisation of options. I'll be happy to take Toyota's spec for immediate delivery thanks. For the right price of cause.
Smacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #48
Nostalgia1987

Drives: Subi
Toyota do their own financing from what i know, and are fairly lenient on the conditions of the loan, for example the amount threshold of take home pay you take every week. Loans can be up to 5 years. I think you can find Toyota's financing calculator on the Toyota Australia website.

Should be interesting to see how Toyota and Subaru compare with cost the purchase, maintenance, insurance and financing.
Nostalgia1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #49
DA1

Drives: Accord Euro
Red face Problem Solved This forum will tell us everything

This forum is how we will find information that we can pass onto Toyota
Australia and they can tell their dealers. Then we can place orders based on specs.

Problem Solved!
DA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #50
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia1987 View Post
Toyota do their own financing from what i know, and are fairly lenient on the conditions of the loan, for example the amount threshold of take home pay you take every week. Loans can be up to 5 years. I think you can find Toyota's financing calculator on the Toyota Australia website.

Should be interesting to see how Toyota and Subaru compare with cost the purchase, maintenance, insurance and financing.
Damn them on their access to Japanese finance...
Old 12-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #51
Nardi330

3.9% finance FTMFW!!!! but i doubt it will apply to the 86.....
Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #52
sirus
86 Owner

Drives: White GTS 86
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah I highly doubt we can get this. It would be nice though lol.
sirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #53
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Quote:

I cant imagine why not.

Target age is the younger generation which i doubt highly they would have 10k for a car let alone a 35k+ GT86.

Being a brand new car it would be beneficial to sale numbers to offer this cheaper finance, they make money on the car, make money on the finance as well as money on the interest charged.

Toyota would be MAD not to offer it.

Now i could understand a younger person buying a used car, then no 3.9% finance but a new car that can be used as security!
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #54
Nardi330

3.9% only applies to the volume sellers (ie. Corolla, Camry, RAV4, Kruger etc) and doesn't apply to the newly released Yaris (too new to discount) or the Rukus (i'd think similar sales to 86).

but who knows, maybe Toyota would surprise me.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #55
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Quote:
3.9% only applies to the volume sellers (ie. Corolla, Camry, RAV4, Kruger etc) and doesn't apply to the newly released Yaris (too new to discount) or the Rukus (i'd think similar sales to 86).
Well that just plain sucks.

They would miss out on a bunch of monies then i would think.

They could make alot of money off me if they play their cards correct

Last edited by JFC; 12-06-2011 at 03:10 AM.
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:39 AM   #56
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

There's absolutely no reason why Toyota can't offer 3.9% finance. Look at Mitsubishi, they're offering 1.9% on Lancer at the moment and they don't move anywhere near the number of units that Toyota do for any model. Nissan are doing 4.9% which isn't as good, but still very low compared to local rates on loans from 20-100k.

I don't know what it is now, but a few years ago when I was looking into it, the BOJ interest rate was usually between 0 and 1%. Toyota AU obviously have access to it in some way and offer it as a bit of a sweetener for units they want to shift. I'm sure you could get access to it if it meant dragging you over the line for a sale. The thing with Japanese loans is that usually you need a fairly substantial deposit, around the 25% mark as a minimum even for house loans, if I remember correctly.