follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-12-2023, 05:43 PM   #1
lapsio

Drives: 2020 BRZ Final Edition, 1999 MX5 NB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to disable Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) in 2017+ BRZ?

Is it possible to turn off ESS (at least when car has disabled traction control or enabled track mode) in ECU so that I don't look like Christmas tree every 10 seconds?... Not gonna lie it's pretty distracting XD I lived with this for like 3 years now but my sanity is really on the edge at that point.

It's not that much of a problem in the daylight but at night those LED turn signals blink like crazy and whole world around me is blinking, reflecting yellow light... It's so visible that I can clearly see every time when I'm breaking on videos from my dashcam and I feel like an idiot on track and during spirited driving :T

If not then I'll just accept that this is my life now but it'd be cool to be able to disable it at least when car is in track mode. Either in "user-doable" way or by more advanced fiddling with computer by technician.
lapsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 10:16 PM   #2
AussieBRZ

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsio View Post
Is it possible to turn off ESS (at least when car has disabled traction control or enabled track mode) in ECU so that I don't look like Christmas tree every 10 seconds?... Not gonna lie it's pretty distracting XD I lived with this for like 3 years now but my sanity is really on the edge at that point.

It's not that much of a problem in the daylight but at night those LED turn signals blink like crazy and whole world around me is blinking, reflecting yellow light... It's so visible that I can clearly see every time when I'm breaking on videos from my dashcam and I feel like an idiot on track and during spirited driving :T

If not then I'll just accept that this is my life now but it'd be cool to be able to disable it at least when car is in track mode. Either in "user-doable" way or by more advanced fiddling with computer by technician.

Try doing pedal dance

Or search pedal dance on this forum
AussieBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AussieBRZ For This Useful Post:
lapsio (10-18-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 01:46 PM   #3
ajaxburger

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited Perf. Pack
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsio View Post

Honestly wish I could turn that on here in the US. I'm tired of having to reach out and hit the hazards every time I have to slam it in traffic.