follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
H8R GTS

Drives: Probably not an 86 GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
An 86 on order no more.

So I made the call yesterday and I have cancelled my order for an Orange GTS Manual. It actually got to the point where I had no excitement for getting the car anymore 'cause of all the B### S### that Toyota has carried on with from the day of pricing announcement.

I have been involved in alot of different hobbies/interests over time. Motor Bike Racing, Cycling, Shooting and with all of them I have always set out to have gear that is a bit different to everyone else. So I have made lots of special or custom orders, but never have a seen a fiasco like we have on our hands with the 86.

So now the search starts for something else fun. It has been fun talking with the guys here and reading all the info that has come out that TCMA never told us. Good luck to all you guys, I hope the wait comes to an end very soon.
H8R GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
scuba-doc

Drives: '96 Accord
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Another day, another cancelled order. Sorry to hear mate.

I was considering the same choice but decided to call around instead. You never know, you might get lucky.
scuba-doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
BRAWL

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS Velocity Orange
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
That is the spec I am waiting for. Not to sound like a vulture, but you leaving means the wait should shorten for me

Sad to hear but not uncommon. TMCA have completely failed on the customer service front and it is sad as this car was supposed to improve Toyota's image.
BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
Z86

Drives: 86 GTS Auto in Pegasus White
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
@H8R GTS It might be worth just sending a note to TMCA about your decision. It won't change anything now - but maybe they will learn from this and do it better when the new Supra (96?) comes out.
I'm sure plenty of people cancel and TMCA don't even notice because the dealers just move the order to the next in line.
Z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
There is little that is going to improve that image if they let dealers loose like they have basically fuck orders up and then sell demos at inflated prices..
On the other hand what subi did is smart IMO

H8R GTS may I ask what have you decided on?
And will I see you around the rx8 forums?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #6
H8R GTS

@Z86 - I will do something about sending something to TCMA next week, I won't at the moment 'cause it would just be full of foul language !! But I will for sure, even if it only helps other 86 buyers in the future a little tiny bit !!

@70YND - I am having a look at an RX-8 on Sunday, which I am looking forward too. On advice of a Mate of mine who is far more knowledgeable about fun cars than myself, I am also checking out a 350Z. He recon's its a good first sports car !!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
H8R GTS

Your not being a Vulture Mate ..... I am glad there is a positive for someone out there from me cancelling. I had a talk to my dealer about getting my order shifted to someone else, but they had another guy in the queue there already who ordered the same spec I had and they were going to bump him up a slot !! Give them credit for not bringing it in and ripping someone off $20k just cause other tosser dealers are!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZed View Post
That is the spec I am waiting for. Not to sound like a vulture, but you leaving means the wait should shorten for me

Sad to hear but not uncommon. TMCA have completely failed on the customer service front and it is sad as this car was supposed to improve Toyota's image.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8R GTS View Post
I am having a look at an RX-8 on Sunday

Do it, do it do it do it!

if it wasn't for the BRZ, i quite possibly would be driving one now.
as long as you look after them, rotor's are just so fantastic! silky smooth and rev like a motherfucker.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #9
primetime

Drives: Shiro White 370Z
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
@Z86 - I am also checking out a 350Z. He recon's its a good first sports car !!
Ur mate's dead right, test drive one and you won't regret it - I recommend a 2007 HR engine 350Z or later if you were gonna get one mate.
primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #10
70NYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
Ur mate's dead right, test drive one and you won't regret it - I recommend a 2007 HR engine 350Z or later if you were gonna get one mate.
Yep they are great. When I was getting my car it was between the 350 and the rx8 and was SO damn close in the end
The rotor, more room plus usable seats, the weight (handling rather than acceleration related) made me go with the 8 in the end
350 is a fkn awesome looking and performing car at a reasonable price with SO many parts out there
Old 09-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
H8R GTS

It is reassuring that I am looking looking in the right direction !!

The 8 is the front runner at the moment, I really like the body lines and the idea of the rotary being different appeals to me !! I found one I am really keen on but the guy doesn't seem to want to budge on price and is asking a bit .... But i will see how I go when I am there in person !!

But there is some very tidy 350Z's about too !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
Yep they are great. When I was getting my car it was between the 350 and the rx8 and was SO damn close in the end
The rotor, more room plus usable seats, the weight (handling rather than acceleration related) made me go with the 8 in the end
350 is a fkn awesome looking and performing car at a reasonable price with SO many parts out there
Old 09-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
So I made the call yesterday and I have cancelled my order for an Orange GTS Manual.

That is so sad

As I have said before I really do hope TMCA are taking note of what's going on. And yes pls do tell TMCA, they NEED to know & will listen because as a result of this fiasco the 86 is now beginning to have the OPPOSITE effect they were intending to achieve, ie: they are losing sales, which is bad news for them.

Enjoy your RX8/350Z
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #13
70NYD

Quote:
It is reassuring that I am looking looking in the right direction !!

The 8 is the front runner at the moment, I really like the body lines and the idea of the rotary being different appeals to me !! I found one I am really keen on but the guy doesn't seem to want to budge on price and is asking a bit .... But i will see how I go when I am there in person !!

But there is some very tidy 350Z's about too !!
Yeah man, let us know how you go, post some pics here later, whatever you decide it will be right for you in the end at the end of the day they are both awesome, with the 350 having a bit more parts for addon from what I gathered.
The only thing I didn't like about the 350 (and 370) is the gigantic chrome door handles, but that was my personal, wierd point of view lol as most people see this as one of the many unique things about the car :p
The rx8 on the other hand has a next to unusable boot lol

Last edited by 70NYD; 09-15-2012 at 12:35 AM.
70NYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #14
armythug

Drives: Pegasus White 86GTS
OP good luck with whatever you decide to get next. I had been looking at 370z at one point. What drew me in was their stance and how easy it is to get power out of them. 350/370 are monsters. Imagine having one with a Stillen supercharger. Jeez. that's 500hp right there. I was also looking at the 370GT. Same beast. Looks nice as well. :happy0180: