follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 03-29-2016, 05:27 PM   #1
kkman

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry My ohlins warranty problem!!!!!!see what Ohlins China replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when my ohlins kit had problems 20days ago, I contact Ohlins China (GUSTO TECHNIK), which turns out that ohlins warranty in China is a joke.

SO I just send this email to Ohlins HQ (info@ohlins.se) DUNO if this is the correct email address....

Dear OHLINS

I'm a customer from China. I bought the ohlins R&T for my BRZ. However, it starts making wired noise like this sound " da da...da da...da da..“

My problem thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103680

I can see that the ohlins usa have a great customer service system.

You just need to click on the OHLINS USA website, fill in the service form,etc. and you will get a proper Ohlins customer service.

However, there is nothing about customer service info on the Chinese dealer (GUSTO technik) website.

I contact with GUSTO salesman(GUSTO TECHNIK-SHENZHEN CITY), send him my ohlins part number. He just rely that he couldn't find my purchase history. I can not believe that ohlins dealer dont have sales records. Unbelievable!!!

I have to contact JIELI tuning shop where I bought my ohlins kit. I turns out that JIELI tuning shop got this kit from YUNHAI Auto tuning parts distributor who got this ohlins kit from GUSTO TECHNIK-SHENZHEN CITY .

The purchase history shows that the purchase date is 14th june 2014, which means I still have 2 month warranty left.

However, this gusto salesman claims that the warranty date depends on when YUNHAI Auto tuning parts distributor got this kit from GUSTO TECHNIK-SHENZHEN CITY. In my opinion, the warranty should depends on the customer's purchase date not distributor's purchase date. .....This is funny.

Furthermore, this salesman said that even this kit still has warranty. I should send this kit to YUNHAI Auto tuning parts distributor.I don't even know where is this distributor.

He also said that,first, they need to check my OHLINS KIT. If the top mount is broken, I need to pay, I understand this as this part is easy to break.
(You can find out in my thread , the problem is not in top mount, I replaced with the factory top mount, the noise is still there.)

BUT if the inside part of the strut has problem , I need to pay for repair costs, even if this kit has warranty!!!

I ask him what parts does this warranty cover. This man said that I should replace the oil everytime after I came back from track!!!!otherwise, you know....balabala....

Then, he said that only if the main strut or spring or other parts are cracked or detached, they will replace this for free.

WTF, People will die if these situation happened and DEAD man need no customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so troublesome. I cant believe this is the Ohlins customer service quality!!!!!!

I choose ohlins because I count on Ohlins's reputation. It turns out to be a joke in Ohlins China!

The sad turth is GUSTO TECHNIK is the only Official Ohlins China dealer who can repair my Ohlins kit.

So, Please do not forward my email to Ohlins China GUSTO, I don't want them to find out who send this to Ohlins HQ

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Kai From China

Last edited by kkman; 03-29-2016 at 05:32 PM. Reason: ADD INFO
kkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Hate to break it to you but this is FT86 club, not Ohlins.com

Ohlins isnt even on here either so this is falling on deaf ears, sorry bud
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-10-2016), kkman (03-29-2016), mixtape (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #3
kkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Hate to break it to you but this is FT86 club, not Ohlins.com

Ohlins isnt even on here either so this is falling on deaf ears, sorry bud
I send this email to info@ohlins.se , duno if this is correct~
Old 03-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #4
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkman View Post
I send this email to info@ohlins.se , duno if this is correct~
I have no idea, I am sure contacting them directly though will get the process started. My money is still on swaybar links if its a da da metal clunking sound over bumps at lower speeds
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
kkman (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
kkman

Quote:
I have no idea, I am sure contacting them directly though will get the process started. My money is still on swaybar links if its a da da metal clunking sound over bumps at lower speeds
ft86club is more countable than ohlins china, thanks man!!!! will check this tonight!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to kkman For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (03-29-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #6
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
ft86club is more countable than ohlins china, thanks man!!!! will check this tonight!!!
Double check your sway bars aren't binding or that your endlink isnt at too great an angle. Mine popped a lot. Tighten down your bushings only when both wheels are under the weight of the car. Worth a shot while you wait for Ohlins
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
kkman (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 11:40 AM   #7
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Quote:
It's not Ohlins' job to diagnose a faulty installation; that's the job of the shop you either purchased the Ohlins from, or the shop that did your install.

If your shop is an authorized dealer for Ohlins, then they can handle the warranty claim for you.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (04-10-2016), go_a_way1 (03-30-2016), kkman (03-30-2016), nickmerronesucks (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
kkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
It's not Ohlins' job to diagnose a faulty installation; that's the job of the shop you either purchased the Ohlins from, or the shop that did your install.

If your shop is an authorized dealer for Ohlins, then they can handle the warranty claim for you.
I'm pretty sure my installation is correct, double checked and installed again today.

I took swaybar and endlinks off, then drove around,found the noise is still there.

Also I borrowed an abnormal sound diagnostic equipment from local mercedes benz service center. Put the headphone on while I was driving. Now we are 95% percent sure that the noise come from the damper. So, Must be Components inside the damper worn.

Considering the warranty is useless in China and the old ohlins mi20 kit is discontinued, I may try the HKS SP.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 03-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #9
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

I have been on work assignments to Beijing and have not seen a Twin.. where are they hiding?
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
kkman (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #10
LOLS2K
/scion

Drives: '13 86 M/T
Thanked 1,402 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'm pretty sure my installation is correct, double checked and installed again today.

I took swaybar and endlinks off, then drove around,found the noise is still there.

Also I borrowed an abnormal sound diagnostic equipment from local mercedes benz service center. Put the headphone on while I was driving. Now we are 95% percent sure that the noise come from the McPherson Strut.

Considering the warranty is useless in China and the old ohlins mi20 kit is discontinued, I may try the HKS SP.

Thanks everyone!!!
@CSG_Mike summed it up for your here: If your shop is an authorized dealer for Ohlins, then they can handle the warranty claim for you. Good luck /thread

LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LOLS2K For This Useful Post:
kkman (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #11
kkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post

I have been on work assignments to Beijing and have not seen a Twin.. where are they hiding?
I live in Nanjing....south of China. Beijing is in the North of China.

I think there are many brz and 86 in BEIJING, I suggest you could visit FIST tuning club in Beijing.
The Following User Says Thank You to kkman For This Useful Post:
JD001 (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #12
kkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLS2K View Post
@CSG_Mike summed it up for your here: If your shop is an authorized dealer for Ohlins, then they can handle the warranty claim for you. Good luck /thread
They have already tried.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:15 PM   #13
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I think you got screwed. Sorry to say... Maybe try one last thing, replace just the one coil with stock and see if it goes away.

Or maybe try to order just a single replacement if you aren't too sour over the whole thing
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
kkman (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 03:22 PM   #14
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I live in Nanjing....south of China. Beijing is in the North of China.

I think there are many brz and 86 in BEIJING, I suggest you could visit FIST tuning club in Beijing.
Thanks for the heads up! Does this club meet on certain days / evenings?
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
kkman (03-30-2016)