follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > EUROPE


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #225
KnightIndustries2000
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Toyota GT-86
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool

Just saw one for the first time in the flesh/steel!!

I've had a black GT86 ordered/reserved since December at my local Toyota where I currently have an Avensis from... Ive been told Aug 2nd-Aug 8th is likely (that's what "mid-August" means these days... ) . I've been lurking on these forums almost daily since last summer snivelling away in the shadows, but never posting... till now...

The guy there texted me saying they're getting the demonstrator models throughout the country in this week and they'd just had theirs delivered - so I promptly legged it from work and bundled down there to see it and OGLED for a good half hour.

The dude was great, even though they shut at 6pm and I got there at 5.55pm due to traffic, he let me sit inside, start the engine up and rev it like a maniac, play about with the seats and fire the lights up... leaving me with a giant goofy smile on my face... and these pics (that I secretly had to take later from inside my car, to prevent myself looking like a complete geek - so sorry about the rain). Will hopefully get to test drive one this weekend! (Am considering bunking work to test drive it tomorrow after sitting in it!)

The interior was very nice, though the touch and go didnt sit completely flush with the dash, which made me a little downcast. But the dials/digital numbers etc on the air con controls are a lot larger than they look in the pictures. The headlights are menacing and will definitely cause some head turns and people to move over on the roads

Hope these pics look ok. They don't do justice to the car. The boot was a lot smaller than i expected - gonna travel light from now on!

If I test drive, will post later with impressions, if anyone is interested.
Attached Images
   
KnightIndustries2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KnightIndustries2000 For This Useful Post:
faz1 (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #226
faz1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Drives: Audi A1
Location: Worksop, Uk
Posts: 116
Thanks: 11
Thanked 47 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First one I've seen with the decals. Looks good!

You shouldn't worry about looking like a GT geek here. We're all secretly GT geeks here!!!
faz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #227
KnightIndustries2000
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Toyota GT-86
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz1 View Post
First one I've seen with the decals. Looks good!

You shouldn't worry about looking like a GT geek here. We're all secretly GT geeks here!!!

Lol, it looks really good - very compact inside. I just stood there with mouth open until people started staring at me not the car, then went and hid in mine to take those photos, hence the annoying rain drops messing the pics up. A few small but important things:

- No DAB radio despite the original PDF I was fwd'd by my local guys back in Dec saying it would be, their updated one handily removed DAB. The brochure from the end of last week says "DAB ready" - dunno what that means
- No reverse camera - I found out about this back in February and wrote Toyota a stern (and long)letter talking about my disappointment etc - they just replied with apologies and said they hoped it wouldn't make me recall my order. The rear parking sensors can be added and painted - costs 350 and can be done at local garage.
- The JBL speakers will have 440 watt output and 9 speakers - waiting to hear on the price for that. The stock car has 6 speakers - but didn't have enough time to test them - was too busy revving the car like a maniac - amazing sound! Speakers will probably be local garage fitted - though waiting on confirmation of that
- The dude said on their GT86 training at Donnington last week, they weren't told about telling customers to specifically use Super Unleaded (as we've all read in the international spec). He says it should be fine to use standard unleaded (and possibly occasionally super Unleaded from time to time)... not sure about this from having read other posts on here over several months - will look into this a bit more - as don't want service costs going up/devaluing the car from screwing with the engine via inappropriate fuel...!
- The windows do the cool slide up thing when you shut the doors
- There is a nice mic placed just on the inside of the steering wheel (between steerin and dash) for the bluetooth phone, with two cool looking little sensor nubs for the security alarm (old school toyota)
- There are headlamp washers - though I didn't find the switch to fiddle with them. The HID's look wicked

KnightIndustries2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #228
ajc209
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: GT86 Cosworth
Location: UK
Posts: 751
Thanks: 360
Thanked 267 Times in 188 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightIndustries2000 View Post
Lol, it looks really good - very compact inside. I just stood there with mouth open until people started staring at me not the car, then went and hid in mine to take those photos, hence the annoying rain drops messing the pics up. A few small but important things:

- No DAB radio despite the original PDF I was fwd'd by my local guys back in Dec saying it would be, their updated one handily removed DAB. The brochure from the end of last week says "DAB ready" - dunno what that means
- No reverse camera - I found out about this back in February and wrote Toyota a stern (and long)letter talking about my disappointment etc - they just replied with apologies and said they hoped it wouldn't make me recall my order. The rear parking sensors can be added and painted - costs 350 and can be done at local garage.
- The JBL speakers will have 440 watt output and 9 speakers - waiting to hear on the price for that. The stock car has 6 speakers - but didn't have enough time to test them - was too busy revving the car like a maniac - amazing sound! Speakers will probably be local garage fitted - though waiting on confirmation of that
- The dude said on their GT86 training at Donnington last week, they weren't told about telling customers to specifically use Super Unleaded (as we've all read in the international spec). He says it should be fine to use standard unleaded (and possibly occasionally super Unleaded from time to time)... not sure about this from having read other posts on here over several months - will look into this a bit more - as don't want service costs going up/devaluing the car from screwing with the engine via inappropriate fuel...!
- The windows do the cool slide up thing when you shut the doors
- There is a nice mic placed just on the inside of the steering wheel (between steerin and dash) for the bluetooth phone, with two cool looking little sensor nubs for the security alarm (old school toyota)
- There are headlamp washers - though I didn't find the switch to fiddle with them. The HID's look wicked

You can use Ron95 you just won't get all the power. Likely to be around 10BHP down from Ron98
ajc209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #229
Sideways?
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Toyota GT86 - Blue - Leather - Nav
Location: UK
Posts: 38
Thanks: 67
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I received a letter about first registration yesterday so I now have a VIN number and a Reg... I also sat in one/several at Goodwood on Thursday (moving motor show day - but I didn't get there early enough for a test drive) and they are lush, so totally stoked about mine - just can't wait to actually get it!!!!!!!

I got an email from my dealer that my car is on the sea at the moment, anyone know how long it takes to ship a car from Japan?!?!

My dealer has their demonstrator in as well, I'm just trying to find a time when I'm free to go for a blast...
Sideways? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #230
Sushi
Sugoi
 
Sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: Supra (Mk III)
Location: Asia
Posts: 53
Thanks: 86
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Saw one in Octagon Toyota Reading!









Looks amazing in person!
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #231
faz1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Drives: Audi A1
Location: Worksop, Uk
Posts: 116
Thanks: 11
Thanked 47 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Happened to be in North Yorkshire today (courtesy of Maserati, but thats another story!) so popped into a dealer there.

This rear badge situation is getting weird...
Attached Images
 
faz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #232
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: BMW e92 330D
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 362
Thanks: 34
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
was in wrexham toyota today, red 86 with black stripes down the side - it had the gt86 logo with the circle :S

lovely car though, shame it just sounds like an i4... IMO anyway

the leather interior is lovely
__________________
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #233
ICantAffordAnLFA
Senior Member
 
ICantAffordAnLFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Brz, Legacy
Location: London, England
Posts: 320
Thanks: 36
Thanked 120 Times in 66 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is with the stripes

Beut of a car without any embellishment.
__________________
Trackday ride with built motor
Mods: Going, Stopping, Handling
Parts: CP, Pauter, Sprintex, Ecutek, Milltek, STI, Rays, Defi, Essex AP Racing, Bilstein, Whiteline, Perrin, RacerX
ICantAffordAnLFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #234
Keszki
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: GT86 delivered!
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 36
Thanks: 14
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Went for a test drive today at lunch time. Red Auto GT86. Standard head unit with black alcantra seats. Managed to get me, my mate and the sales guy in the car. My friend in the back said he was quite comfortable - he's around 5ft/8inches.



I drove the automatic, it didn't blow me away for pace, but I really like the noise it makes. Its piped directed to the driver and it sounds very clear, almost like its coming from the stereo.

The auto box is pretty intelligent - but there is still a delay between when you slam your foot down and when the loud stuff happens...

Didn't really push it, so can't say much for handling, never the less I had a grin on my face. Its a very nice car. Drove for a bit on the motorway/highway and road noise was low. All in all I do not regret ordering this car a few weeks back.

The sound system audio quality is perfectly serviceable; its not gonna win any awards from any audiophiles, though.

I'm still waiting for my Orange 6MT. Should be ready end of this month. Cannot wait!

Oh and btw: no GT86 logo on the back...

Keszki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #235
Infernal
NO FI?! (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: BMW e92 330D
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 362
Thanks: 34
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantAffordAnLFA View Post
What is with the stripes

Beut of a car without any embellishment.
got a free copy of autocar when i went into the toyota dealer - your mug is featured in there i believe?!
__________________
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #236
lordgrover
daidai-iro
 
lordgrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: GT86 - 6MT, Black Alcantara, Ginger
Location: South Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 82
Thanks: 24
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another UK noob here.

Placed the order last night: manual, orange, alcantara, touch & go. Due w/c 6 August.
That's thirty plus sleeps!
lordgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #237
David1976
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: GT86
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are Toyota offering any deals yet?
David1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #238
lordgrover
daidai-iro
 
lordgrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: GT86 - 6MT, Black Alcantara, Ginger
Location: South Gloucestershire, UK
Posts: 82
Thanks: 24
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not to me anyway.
Didn't do too bad trading in my 350Z though so that's almost a bonus.
lordgrover is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need some help here and I really think there are people on here that can. Spencer Strayer Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 35 11-02-2011 12:01 PM
Need some more people! bofa Off-Topic Lounge 4 08-13-2011 10:16 PM
So i havent seen many people mention this... dClutch Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 47 04-09-2011 05:39 AM
How many people will fit in FT-86? Dark Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 52 09-07-2010 07:49 PM
Video of FT-86 @ TMS from Edmunds. Check out how small the car is next to people. JDMinc Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 9 10-25-2009 08:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.