follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2021, 05:33 PM   #351
Jucostud
Rookie
 
Jucostud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: '22 BRZ Premium MT6
Location: DFW
Posts: 151
Thanks: 200
Thanked 156 Times in 55 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The voucher was only for July orders.
Jucostud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #352
trippinbillies40
Senior Member
 
trippinbillies40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '22 WRB
Location: US
Posts: 854
Thanks: 201
Thanked 1,213 Times in 400 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jucostud View Post
The voucher was only for July orders.
It was extended through August 10th. So official sold order date range was 7/1-8/10.
trippinbillies40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #353
Jucostud
Rookie
 
Jucostud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: '22 BRZ Premium MT6
Location: DFW
Posts: 151
Thanks: 200
Thanked 156 Times in 55 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
It was extended through August 10th. So official sold order date range was 7/1-8/10.
I ordered 8/6 and didn't get it. Called SOA and they said I wasn't eligible. End date was 7/31.
Jucostud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #354
Veloist
Senior Member
 
Veloist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Location: N. California
Posts: 1,525
Thanks: 700
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndavepgh View Post
Yes, I ordered on July 23 and got the voucher e-mail the next day.
Yup looks like you slipped through the cracks. Congratulations haha.
__________________
Veloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #355
trippinbillies40
Senior Member
 
trippinbillies40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '22 WRB
Location: US
Posts: 854
Thanks: 201
Thanked 1,213 Times in 400 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jucostud View Post
I ordered 8/6 and didn't get it. Called SOA and they said I wasn't eligible. End date was 7/31.
Crap, I just read the fine print. '22 BRZ not eligible. So now I'm wondering how the other person got one...
trippinbillies40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #356
Sym
Member
 
Sym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Drives: 2022 BRZ
Location: CA
Posts: 50
Thanks: 63
Thanked 77 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird. I got the promo email a few days after I placed my order.
Sym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:40 PM   #357
Fast1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: BRZ
Location: United States
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym View Post
Weird. I got the promo email a few days after I placed my order.
When did you place your order?
Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:11 PM   #358
Sym
Member
 
Sym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Drives: 2022 BRZ
Location: CA
Posts: 50
Thanks: 63
Thanked 77 Times in 26 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1 View Post
When did you place your order?
7/22 order date; promo email arrived on 7/24.
Sym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:04 PM   #359
azndavepgh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Drives: 2022 BRZ
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 170
Thanks: 69
Thanked 91 Times in 56 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post
Yup looks like you slipped through the cracks. Congratulations haha.
Good timing for sure
azndavepgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:08 AM   #360
Riceroni
Member
 
Riceroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: Average car that I pretend is fast
Location: West Coast
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Look, don't murder me because I'm just going to say that I put a deposit on a 6AT. I'm going to admit, grew up with automatic only so manual was a bit daunting to consider (with no one to teach stick).

Otherwise, my daily driver is going to be replaced with the BRZ in shitty Portland traffic. Don't think I'm going to really regret the 6AT too much with this iteration from what I've seen (unless I'm overlooking something major besides the fact that I'm not driving stick). I'm coming into this knowing I won't really get the best experience possible. Big fan of the BRZ/GT86/FRS over the years and just wanted one.

World Rally Blue
6AT
Limited Trim

Front Spoiler
Side Spoiler
Rear Spoiler
Cargo Tray
All Weather Mats

I was also looking at the foglight LEDs that they don't sell in the US. The front underspoiler and the foglights make the looks for me honestly. How hard would would it be to install the foglights is all I wonder? Feels like it shouldn't be any harder than popping off the front bumper + vent, installing the new ones, and doing some plug and play.

Total damage was $100 off MSRP.
First dealer wanted $5k on top of MSRP, second one was no callback, third one didn't take orders at all, and finally the last one was the nicest of the bunch but didn't leave too much room to negotiate (went with this one). Estimated delivery is January.
Riceroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:33 AM   #361
Subababarururu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: 2022 BRZ MT Ignition Red
Location: PNW - USA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you ever do want to learn stick feel free to reach out.

Portland traffic does suck the few times I’ve experienced it so I can see an AT being much more livable for that.
Subababarururu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Subababarururu For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 03:52 AM   #362
Riceroni
Member
 
Riceroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Drives: Average car that I pretend is fast
Location: West Coast
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subababarururu View Post
If you ever do want to learn stick feel free to reach out.

Portland traffic does suck the few times I’ve experienced it so I can see an AT being much more livable for that.
If I ever take you up on that I'll have to let you know but thanks for the offer regardless. I imagine learning from experience makes more sense than trying to figure it out from videos only because my one brain cell didn't learn much.
Riceroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #363
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD
 
Yoshoobaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,929
Thanks: 2,660
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Got your order in? Share your build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceroni View Post
Look, don't murder me because I'm just going to say that I put a deposit on a 6AT. I'm going to admit, grew up with automatic only so manual was a bit daunting to consider (with no one to teach stick).

Otherwise, my daily driver is going to be replaced with the BRZ in shitty Portland traffic. Don't think I'm going to really regret the 6AT too much with this iteration from what I've seen (unless I'm overlooking something major besides the fact that I'm not driving stick). I'm coming into this knowing I won't really get the best experience possible. Big fan of the BRZ/GT86/FRS over the years and just wanted one.

World Rally Blue
6AT
Limited Trim

Front Spoiler
Side Spoiler
Rear Spoiler
Cargo Tray
All Weather Mats

I was also looking at the foglight LEDs that they don't sell in the US. The front underspoiler and the foglights make the looks for me honestly. How hard would would it be to install the foglights is all I wonder? Feels like it shouldn't be any harder than popping off the front bumper + vent, installing the new ones, and doing some plug and play.

Total damage was $100 off MSRP.
First dealer wanted $5k on top of MSRP, second one was no callback, third one didn't take orders at all, and finally the last one was the nicest of the bunch but didn't leave too much room to negotiate (went with this one). Estimated delivery is January.

The fog lights should be pretty easy. I bet you can install them by just taking the wheels and fender liners off.

They’re available on japanparts: ~$670 shipped to the US. I agree they really do a lot for the front end looks. The intakes look chunkier and the gloss black looks good.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/?id=62952

Last edited by Yoshoobaroo; 10-16-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #364
Dribob
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Drives: 22' WRB BRZ!
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[QUOTE=Yoshoobaroo;3473603]The fog lights should be pretty easy. I bet you can install them by just taking the wheels and fender liners off.

Someone on one of the Facebook forums who bought the fog lights said:

"The LED bumper vent lights came with an on/off switch that apparently fits perfectly into a round cubby in the interior. I assume it's a blank spot inside the US BRZ. Instructions also state you have to drill a hole in your firewall and has a template to properly drill your hole for the wiring to pass through. It also has a round rubber gasket to fill your new hole and keep it water proof."

I'm in love with these vent lights but not too keen on drilling a hole in the firewall + ~$700 hoping the aftermarket gives a much easier and cheaper solution
Dribob is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not a BRZ or FRS just thought i would share wrohdejr Northwest 6 03-25-2013 01:19 PM
FS: Black GTS Auto - Jan Build - Cancelled order [Vic] Ryan1JZ Australia Classifieds 0 12-18-2012 03:14 AM
Order Placed 6th of June, No Build Date Given? H8R GTS AUSTRALIA 33 06-15-2012 10:34 AM
Estimated delivery based upon order date vs. order at dealership? bloomy116 BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 3 04-05-2012 11:51 PM
Changing order, does it require a new order? xwd BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 11 03-21-2012 12:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.