follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #1583
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhatchiroku View Post
Anyone knows what the stock AFR of our engine is and how far can we stretch it? TIA

anyone else loving the valenti tail lights or ricey? ive never been fond of those aftermarket head/tail lights but the valenti is starting to grow on me
@pearlhatchiroku,

For a bone stock 86/BRZ these are the AFR figures that I recall:

RPM RANGE AIR FUEL RATIO (APPROX)
1.3K-3.1K 14.9:1
3.2K-6.2K 13.1:1
6.3K-7.5K 12.0:1 (at WOT)

The Valentis are nice but they seem to suffer quality issues as a lot of members are already experiencing busted LEDs so you might want to think twice.
NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #1584
x3m_priv8

Drives: SWP 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
@x3m_priv8,

Get good quality red tint and it will last for quite a while. I wrapped my previous Spyder taillights with red tint and its still like new after 9 months of use. Your other alternative is to have the stock lights painted and cleared red. Stivo does this service.

What you are smelling on your new car is the cosmoline coating on the engine burning off. They coat the engine with this stuff to prevent rusting. It will usually disappear after 1000km of driving.
thanks Nikdeng for this info. Napalagay loob ko...hehehe. I got this guilty feeling kasi na pinaabot ko agad ng 130kph while driving home. Tapos pagdating ko sa bahay amoy sunog. Pero ang bilis naman nawala ng amoy mga after 5mins wala na agad.
x3m_priv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #1585
x3m_priv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
@x3m_priv8, i was thinking of the Valenti also pero yung isang shop na pinuntahan ko, kasama yung sa reverse which i dont like na pero feeling ko better kung lahat papalitan para terno

@pearlhatchiroku, sayang, di nako makakakuha ng oil sa Autoplus since my schedule is at 730am unless i just have them check things and i still have my change oil done kila Autoplus? hmmmmmm..

anybody who has installed Tom's push start button? i was looking at Youtube and only saw yung sa TRD which is yung buong assembly pala compared to sa Tom's na button lang talaga..

Mas okay na sa akin ang tom's red tail light. Baka meron na sa atin kaysa mag-order pa abroad sa kabilang thread.
Where to get one here in philippines and how much?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #1586
gpac

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3m_priv8 View Post
Mas okay na sa akin ang tom's red tail light. Baka meron na sa atin kaysa mag-order pa abroad sa kabilang thread.
Where to get one here in philippines and how much?
i quoted another forum, http://subaruclub.ph/forum/index.php?topic=16960.0

You may contact Con's email at conniebon75@yahoo.com or sms 0928-9060987
gpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #1587
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
@x3m_priv8,

Get good quality red tint and it will last for quite a while. I wrapped my previous Spyder taillights with red tint and its still like new after 9 months of use. Your other alternative is to have the stock lights painted and cleared red. Stivo does this service.

on my forester the tint lasted until i sold the car, so that was about 2 1/2 years and it was still intact. not a big fan of painting it since it can't be undone incase you sell the car or decide to return it back to the way it is.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #1588
x3m_priv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpac View Post
i quoted another forum, http://subaruclub.ph/forum/index.php?topic=16960.0

You may contact Con's email at conniebon75@yahoo.com or sms 0928-9060987

Thanks gpac.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #1589
Tye300

Drives: Toyota 86 TRD Version AT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
thanks Nikdeng for this info. Napalagay loob ko...hehehe. I got this guilty feeling kasi na pinaabot ko agad ng 130kph while driving home. Tapos pagdating ko sa bahay amoy sunog. Pero ang bilis naman nawala ng amoy mga after 5mins wala na agad.
Don't worry about it bro, it's just the protective oils they coated the engine with burning off. I got alarmed also when I got my car. It will go away in a few weeks.
Tinting the 86/BRZ taillights are a bit harder though, because our taillights have a lot of curved corners which are hard to wrap perfectly. Imprezza tailights are easy because they are almost flat with just a slight curve. The tint also plays a part in durability, so get the good quality ones.
Tye300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #1590
x3m_priv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye300 View Post
Don't worry about it bro, it's just the protective oils they coated the engine with burning off. I got alarmed also when I got my car. It will go away in a few weeks.
Tinting the 86/BRZ taillights are a bit harder though, because our taillights have a lot of curved corners which are hard to wrap perfectly. Imprezza tailights are easy because they are almost flat with just a slight curve. The tint also plays a part in durability, so get the good quality ones.
Thanks bro. Already contacted Conrad for the red Toms
Old 10-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #1591
x3m_priv8

Guys pansin ko lang mahina buga ng aircon ko compare sa fortuner namin. Parang lalamig then mawawala kahit nasa 22'C settings. Ibalik ko na ba agad sa casa para macheck or maghintay pa ako ng 1,000km PMS para maisabay na?
The Following User Says Thank You to x3m_priv8 For This Useful Post:
BRZ68 (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #1592
gpac

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Guys pansin ko lang mahina buga ng aircon ko compare sa fortuner namin. Parang lalamig then mawawala kahit nasa 22'C settings. Ibalik ko na ba agad sa casa para macheck or maghintay pa ako ng 1,000km PMS para maisabay na?
I suggest you better have them look at it. I always keep my temp 19-20C di naman nawawala laming.

I also noticed that our radiator fan is ON most of the time.
gpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #1593
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@x3m_priv8, my 86 also, early morning (around 6am) or late at night (after 6pm), pag nasa 19C, fog windows ko even if the blower is just nasa 1 or 2 yung speed niya

btw, for those looking for rims, +48 na 9.5 for the rears, you need to put spacers.. mine was hitting something (not sure if it was the springs or something else but i read it might be the springs) on certain bumps pero significant yung sound na its hitting something when you go sideways on inclined ramps/roads so baka di niyo mapansin kagad.. might be different if you're using coilovers pero mine was just stock shocks with Eibach springs.. i placed 5mm spacers and ok na.. just a heads up i wouldnt want you to scratch the inside of your rims like i did hehe
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #1594
x3m_priv8

gpac
pcuerpo

hindi naman totally nawawala ang lamig, pero ramdam mo na medyo humihina. Okay lang sana kung wala ako tint like my civic before... kaso naka-full black tint ako.
Baka maliit lang aircon ng 86. Nasanay lang ako ng 24'C gawa ng fortuner. Try ko set 19-20'C then observe ko ulit.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #1595
pearlhatchiroku

Drives: pearl white eighty six
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
@pearlhatchiroku,

For a bone stock 86/BRZ these are the AFR figures that I recall:

RPM RANGE AIR FUEL RATIO (APPROX)
1.3K-3.1K 14.9:1
3.2K-6.2K 13.1:1
6.3K-7.5K 12.0:1 (at WOT)

The Valentis are nice but they seem to suffer quality issues as a lot of members are already experiencing busted LEDs so you might want to think twice.
hmmm prang may konti room pa for leaning the fuel, other engines ksi i think kaya pa lalo na cguro around mid range pwede ipasok sa 12s but i wudnt risk it, i wonder if they built our engines tough to accomodate FI, but like you said they restricted our EMS to be rich so i guess its not built for FI, might be wiser to have atleast beefier conrods, pistons and headstuds if going for FI

Might aswell go for TOMS tail lights im sure they have better quality than the valentis...

Quote:
gpac
pcuerpo

hindi naman totally nawawala ang lamig, pero ramdam mo na medyo humihina. Okay lang sana kung wala ako tint like my civic before... kaso naka-full black tint ako.
Baka maliit lang aircon ng 86. Nasanay lang ako ng 24'C gawa ng fortuner. Try ko set 19-20'C then observe ko ulit.
Mine also i always set my AC to 19c if tinaas ko ng kahit 21 hindi ako nalalamigan, wierd nga why is that? ksi my other cars also 21 lamig na lamig na ako, guys an1 else experiencing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
@x3m_priv8, my 86 also, early morning (around 6am) or late at night (after 6pm), pag nasa 19C, fog windows ko even if the blower is just nasa 1 or 2 yung speed niya

btw, for those looking for rims, +48 na 9.5 for the rears, you need to put spacers.. mine was hitting something (not sure if it was the springs or something else but i read it might be the springs) on certain bumps pero significant yung sound na its hitting something when you go sideways on inclined ramps/roads so baka di niyo mapansin kagad.. might be different if you're using coilovers pero mine was just stock shocks with Eibach springs.. i placed 5mm spacers and ok na.. just a heads up i wouldnt want you to scratch the inside of your rims like i did hehe
sir did you get the wedsport SA-15R?
pearlhatchiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #1596
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@pearlhatchiroku, yes sir cant beat the price for original rims na staggered
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote