follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 12-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #547
kh060

Drives: FR-s Ignition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah I was interested in the car. That was why I wanted to check it out in person instead of harassing someone on the street and trying to get a test drive on their personal vehicle. It was actually pretty nice and the sales guy was the one who started the true and told stereotypical sales pitch and started to get me to buy the car even though I told him I was just checking out the car. So I said what the heck and was interested in what the numbers could look like.
kh060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #548
kh060

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormFRS View Post
Nah...he drives a 10 series. Think about that for a minute.
And same can be said about you too, he drives an red FR-S wannabe fast car... (what a total loser car) Nice to know. All I did was find interest in a new car, went to check it out and didn't like the money it will cost for it just drive that car as supposed to mine. But I guess we are all in the same boat for liking the FR-S ( A TOTAL LOSER CAR! nice to know you think it is a loser car too). Firestorm and all of us drive an "FR-S" think about THAT for a minute....

Sorry, I am just kinda irked and ranted, I liked that silver color the most out of all the other options and was why I primarily chose that edition. Some how I feel FIRESTORM and I should make fun of people by the color of their skin now while we are at it. Alright who here is a African American driver

Last edited by kh060; 12-09-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #549
kh060

Quote:
Originally Posted by 艾洛 View Post
With all the debate on whether he was there to potentially buy it, He clearly states in his post that "It was stickered at $53.5k so they wanted to see if I wanted to trade in my 10 series so I said why not. (I was only looking and not trying to buy)."

So basically, he finished taking a look at it, then realized hey, why not take a test drive while I'm here?

After the test drive the salesperson asks whether or not he would like to trade in his 10-series (under the assumption OP is interested)

OP decides he wants to see what the Lexus dealership will value his 10 series at and said "why not."

There's no hurt in seeing how well a dealership prices your 10 series compared to others if you're serious about trading it in but there seems to be a lot of time wasting since he was simply looking...
That was exactly what happened. I did say "I'm just checking out the car" when I was walking around the car in the lot before they hounded me. And that was why it was only about an hour, didn't want to waste more than that.

Last edited by kh060; 12-09-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #550
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmm View Post
If it was a hooker you saw, you would've needed to pay $500 dude.
For some reason this is the best post I've read in a while.

Thank you.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #551
kh060

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
I didn't get the sense that he was just there for a joyride, but that he had at least enough interest in the car to listen to the numbers. Why the hell would anybody stick around after a test drive just to hear a salesman talk?

As for the trade-in value, yes, that sounds about right, and he does seem to have a higher opinion of his car than reality would suggest. But on the other hand, that interest rate that was quoted was ridiculous. I would have laughed at the guy also.
I knew the trade in value wouldn't hold much but at $14k? And I went to check it out because that car looked nice and drove nice. Heck I would have gotten it if the deal was sweet, unfortunately it wasn't. That was why I didn't want to waste more than an hour of their time or mine.

Last edited by kh060; 12-09-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #552
kh060

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
And? How does he know if he wants to buy the car if he doesn't go drive it?

Maybe the rest of you order your cars off the internet based on hype and what your friends will think of them without ever actually test driving them first. Personally, I shop around before buying something that costs as much as a car. That means sometimes I'll be walking into a dealership with no intention of buying that day.

OP had to have had some interest in the car, or he wouldn't have wasted his time listening to the pitch.
Exactly, I wasn't even in the market to buy this car until I checked out the FR-S and said what the hell. I was in the market to buy a hybrid and ended up picking up the Avalon Hybrid and FR-S that day. That sales man that helped us was sure happy that day. The Avalon was too smooth and quiet for me but the misses loves it so she picked that car and I test drove the FR-S and liked the way it drove, sounded with all the road noises, bumps and what not from the road surface and liked the color so much, I decided we are buying both cars that day.

Last edited by kh060; 12-09-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #553
daiheadjai

Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Thanked 1,154 Times in 688 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Eh... An hour isn't that bad. My dad sells Lexuseseses... He tells stories about people who take up multiple hours and then take the salesperson's number somewhere else or ask for thousands off invoice (trying to buy a Lexus for Camry money) , or suddenly do a 180 and decide they don't like the car. Most people don't like car dealers, but they're just people trying to make a living too - a little bit of respect and honesty from both sides would be nice.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
daiheadjai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daiheadjai For This Useful Post:
53Driver (12-09-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #554
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
Eh... An hour isn't that bad. My dad sells Lexuseseses... He tells stories about people who take up multiple hours and then take the salesperson's number somewhere else or ask for thousands off invoice (trying to buy a Lexus for Camry money) , or suddenly do a 180 and decide they don't like the car. Most people don't like car dealers, but they're just people trying to make a living too - a little bit of respect and honesty from both sides would be nice.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
I agree. There's 2 sides to the story, always. I would never want to be a car salesman. It's a high pressure industry and most car salesmen (that I am aware of) don't even get a base salary and people wonder why they get "hounded" when they walk onto a car lot. That's why I always try my best to "reward" a good salesman by being a repeat customer. If I find someone I like and trust, I will always ask for them by name when buying from that dealer in the future.

Last edited by 53Driver; 12-09-2014 at 02:51 PM.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 53Driver For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (12-10-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #555
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Lexus RCF

Look familiar?

http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF

This is for all of those 86 owners that want a lot more power (and probably terrible handling.) Also a lot bigger price tag, "starting at $62,400." Also a 4,000 pound curb weight. Sheesh.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #556
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
eww. It's a confused BMW.
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #557
tonystewart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You driven one?
May'12 AT Raven, OFT V2, Perrin IntakeTube, Pulley & Overpipe,HKS Snorkel,FA20 EL Header,Nameless Frontpipe w/ Helmholtz, Crawford AOS, Cusco O2W Cooler, Grimmspeed Strut/MC Brace, Winjets w/D2S 3.0 HID by Illuminating Lighworkx, Fogs w/EU Stalk, LED's, JDM UnderPanels, Diffuser, Rigid Collars, Whiteline, HVT Camber Plates, Koni's, Swift Springs, GTSpec LCA, SPC Toearms, DBA 4K T-Slot Rotors, Ferodo DS2500, Vorshlag BrakeLines, MichelinPSS, 5Axis Wing, Raammat, Ensolite, JPM Coachworks, OEM+Ref400, 20mmspacers, TOMS
tonystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #558
dtrop

Drives: Wrb 2014 limited brZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
This car has been out for a while now....

where have you been?

Aside from that, I think it's beautiful. Most people have negative things to say bout the grill, but it's not bad at all in person.

The negative to this car is the weight.
dtrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #559
tomkozski

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ w/ PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
eww. It's a confused BMW.
It's a confused Lexus. They cobbled together three different platforms to make this: front crash structure from GS sedan, middle floor plan from the IS convertible (hooray stiffness, but with weight penalty), and rear structure from the IS sedan. Hence the frankenstein look...
tomkozski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomkozski For This Useful Post:
Koa (12-30-2014)
Old 12-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #560
tonystewart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I did not "feel" the weight, it's nimble, thrown around it likes. The brakes are amazing!
Aesthetics are a personal decision
The aftermarket was successful at improving the IS F, tuners will respond to the RC F.
The seats were so comfortable, yet very supportive and containing in the corners..
May'12 AT Raven, OFT V2, Perrin IntakeTube, Pulley & Overpipe,HKS Snorkel,FA20 EL Header,Nameless Frontpipe w/ Helmholtz, Crawford AOS, Cusco O2W Cooler, Grimmspeed Strut/MC Brace, Winjets w/D2S 3.0 HID by Illuminating Lighworkx, Fogs w/EU Stalk, LED's, JDM UnderPanels, Diffuser, Rigid Collars, Whiteline, HVT Camber Plates, Koni's, Swift Springs, GTSpec LCA, SPC Toearms, DBA 4K T-Slot Rotors, Ferodo DS2500, Vorshlag BrakeLines, MichelinPSS, 5Axis Wing, Raammat, Ensolite, JPM Coachworks, OEM+Ref400, 20mmspacers, TOMS
tonystewart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
:popcorn:, fugly, lexus, lexus is-f, rc-f, rcf, tagme, v-8, vossen