follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #1
tazz786

Drives: 2015 scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Back to Cali!

Hey guys!

been a while since ive posted! man have i missed my car too. Can't wait to get back to the states. For those of you wondering ive been overseas to Europe with the Army for this Operation Atlantic Resolve "deployment" lol. Can't wait to come back home though.

So the deal is I have a year left in the Army and ive decided its time to move on and go to school. Im originally from the Yuba City/Sacramento area and Ill be driving my FRS/86 back to California from Colorado Springs this thanksgiving break. (I had purchased my car in North Carolina).

One thing I would like to do with my car for sure when I get back is forced induction, whether it be a turbo or supercharger. Right now Im leaning towards the Jackson racing C38 Supercharger because of how well it works with stock parts. The car is my daily driver and i dont plan on tracking it often if at all. I just want something that has a little more balls on the roads. Another part of me wants to say F*ck it go all out and add as much HP and racing parts as I can.. just because lol.

Ive saved up some money and was wondering what shops in northern california would you guys recommend that are honest, trustworthy, and reputable? I would like to do a few things done to my car, with a cost anywhere between 10-16K depending on what I decide to do (ex. if i decide to go with a rocket bunny or various wide body, supercharger or turbo, E85, etc.)

Also when I purchased the vehicle from North Carolina it came with a Borla aftermarket exhaust. As far as I know the headers/front pipe are stock, unless the exhaust is the full package which im not sure. I also have black valenti tail lights installed. As far as getting my vehicle registered for California would this give me any problems when DMV inspects the vehicle?
tazz786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #2
FirstWinter

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Welcome back! As far as the exhaust goes if you still have stock headers & front pipes you'll be fine in CA. Catback exhaust is just noise.

I'm not as familiar with shops in the Sacramento area, but for part installation Neal @The Racers Line in Concord can help you out. He'll be closer for you than some of the other shops that work on our platform.
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #3
vintagemxer

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Coming Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstWinter View Post
Welcome back! As far as the exhaust goes if you still have stock headers & front pipes you'll be fine in CA. Catback exhaust is just noise.

I'm not as familiar with shops in the Sacramento area, but for part installation Neal @The Racers Line in Concord can help you out. He'll be closer for you than some of the other shops that work on our platform.
First off...Thanks for your service soldier As said above...go see Neil @ theracersline !!! He is also a Jackson dist./installer. You'll be in great hands...
vintagemxer is offline   Reply With Quote