follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #57
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!
 
n2oinferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 2,859
Thanks: 428
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
CVT is shiftable in the game. I have an A tuned Lexus CT 200h. Weird too, since it's so quiet I actually have to watch the RPM gauge. Like Snaps says, the Tesla is a completely different monster.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #58
Allch Chcar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Drives: N/A
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,380
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 646 Times in 419 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
It's a massive disappointment that can only be fixed by getting an accurate depiction of the production car in a DLC.

Too bad it won't compare to the FT86 concept in GT5, but I prefer accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicajim View Post
Someone was talking about the Prius and the instant torque in another thread and reminded me to ask, why is the Tesla Roadster so crap to drift in Forza4 ? Is it just the gearing (CVT) or has it been electronically limited somehow ?
I would rock a Prius in Forza if only for the lawl factor. But they should have been including the Honda Insight GenI. That would have been 10x better.

Very nice explanation Snaps.

I did try the demo but I'm going to wait to buy Forza4. I wanted the CR-Z bonus car and I missed out on it. Should have bought it when amazon had a frieking $15 dollar rebate.
__________________
-Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 PM   #59
Giccin
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Giccin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Location: Orange County~~~
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 4,345
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Its the Yarissss!!!
__________________
I am the Ice Queen.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ( -ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #60
Allch Chcar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Drives: N/A
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,380
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 646 Times in 419 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea1monkey2 View Post
short answer... YES, and join our club, ft86club[f86c]. Its the ultimate free range semi realistic car automotive enjoyment game
Is the club still active? I'm racing with [FJ] Focaljet guys now but I'd like to get the FT86 club going.
__________________
-Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #61
GuySmily
Member
 
GuySmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: MR2
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 70
Thanks: 2
Thanked 30 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been itching to play some GT5 or Forza lately.

I was drifting a Tesla just for kicks - not that I'm any good.
GuySmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #62
Synack
Boosted
 
Synack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Sideways
Location: Atlanta Georgia USA
Posts: 2,377
Thanks: 388
Thanked 716 Times in 414 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wish the 86 was in Forza. And too bad all of my best drifting is done with Camaros and Corvettes.
__________________
Nismo 370Z 300whp -> FR-S Turbo 450whp on E85 -> Z06 Corvette 500whp
Synack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #63
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you guys are seriously interested in Forza, I'm the guy to talk too!


I could setup a race event / league if you guys are interested? I have every Forza game to date and I also have HUGE ammounts of experience in racing competitively. I know what it takes to make a race fair and competitive. I know which cars we need to eliminate and such.

If you guys are interested, let me know. My club is called AERL or Apex Endurance Racing League because we like to do 25+ lap races!


bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #64
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod
 
M-17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Drives: BRZ
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 5,529
Thanks: 11,956
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I haven't played Forza or any racing game in a long time, mostly this year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
If you guys are seriously interested in Forza, I'm the guy to talk too!


I could setup a race event / league if you guys are interested? I have every Forza game to date and I also have HUGE ammounts of experience in racing competitively. I know what it takes to make a race fair and competitive. I know which cars we need to eliminate and such.

If you guys are interested, let me know. My club is called AERL or Apex Endurance Racing League because we like to do 25+ lap races!


bneale
I'd consider it, and 25+ lap races huh... reminds me the amount of hours I'd wasted playing cat and mouse back when I was playing PGR 3 or 4.
__________________


Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #65
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
We like to do 25 lap races or 1 hour basically. What normally happens is we pick a track and some sort of selection of cars (be it a class, or spec car) and practice for a week or 2.

Then during the evening in the middle of the week (whatever day works best for everyone) we run 25 laps. My friends and I haven't done this for weeks though because there seems to be less and less people on these days.


I'm on xbox live as GT: bneale. If your interested, you should hit me up. We do have a few rules in place for the race itself but all of them are logical and were created in fairness of everyone. We even have "yellow flags" to help recover from people having accidents. I don't mind explaining the rules if you like.


bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #66
Allch Chcar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Drives: N/A
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,380
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 646 Times in 419 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
If you guys are seriously interested in Forza, I'm the guy to talk too!


I could setup a race event / league if you guys are interested? I have every Forza game to date and I also have HUGE ammounts of experience in racing competitively. I know what it takes to make a race fair and competitive. I know which cars we need to eliminate and such.

If you guys are interested, let me know. My club is called AERL or Apex Endurance Racing League because we like to do 25+ lap races!


bneale
That sounds great actually. I'm in a series right now but they're looking to switch to classic American cars and I still haven't gotten a dedicated teammate for that, the random guy I'm teamed up with hasn't shown up for the last two races though.

Sea1monkey2 has a club up already and I'm game for a series. Once a week is fine for me so long as it's later in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
We like to do 25 lap races or 1 hour basically. What normally happens is we pick a track and some sort of selection of cars (be it a class, or spec car) and practice for a week or 2.

Then during the evening in the middle of the week (whatever day works best for everyone) we run 25 laps. My friends and I haven't done this for weeks though because there seems to be less and less people on these days.


I'm on xbox live as GT: bneale. If your interested, you should hit me up. We do have a few rules in place for the race itself but all of them are logical and were created in fairness of everyone. We even have "yellow flags" to help recover from people having accidents. I don't mind explaining the rules if you like.


bneale
I tried "GT: bneale" and got nothing.
__________________
-Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #67
bneale
Senior Member
 
bneale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 555
Thanks: 1
Thanked 58 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
That sounds great actually. I'm in a series right now but they're looking to switch to classic American cars and I still haven't gotten a dedicated teammate for that, the random guy I'm teamed up with hasn't shown up for the last two races though.

Sea1monkey2 has a club up already and I'm game for a series. Once a week is fine for me so long as it's later in the evening.



I tried "GT: bneale" and got nothing.
I see the problem, your too literal. Try searching "bneale" just like my screen name here.

What's your gamertag? I'll see if I can friend request you. Also, I noticed your from Kentucky which is perfect. We normally race around 9pm your time (6pm my time and I need time to get home from work) so thats perfect.

We should talk and see if we can come up with anything you like to do. My friend Dragonjet and I have done every kind of racing you can think of from Spec Miatas, to full blown class racing.

EDIT: As a word of caution, I should tell you that we are REALLY good. So if you think "i'm too slow for these guys" try not to feel overwhelmed. I promise to personally help you get faster in anyway I can. I've spent far too much time in Forza over the years bringing my times down. I have literally 6000+ races in Forza 2 Multiplayer alone.

bneale
__________________
bneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #68
Allch Chcar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Drives: N/A
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,380
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 646 Times in 419 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
I see the problem, your too literal. Try searching "bneale" just like my screen name here.

What's your gamertag? I'll see if I can friend request you. Also, I noticed your from Kentucky which is perfect. We normally race around 9pm your time (6pm my time and I need time to get home from work) so thats perfect.

We should talk and see if we can come up with anything you like to do. My friend Dragonjet and I have done every kind of racing you can think of from Spec Miatas, to full blown class racing.

EDIT: As a word of caution, I should tell you that we are REALLY good. So if you think "i'm too slow for these guys" try not to feel overwhelmed. I promise to personally help you get faster in anyway I can. I've spent far too much time in Forza over the years bringing my times down. I have literally 6000+ races in Forza 2 Multiplayer alone.

bneale
I tried that too and found you. But I wanted to make sure it was you first.

I'm interested in your help for a new ft86 series. It would probably be more casual so more people can come, since I doubt we'll fill a room at this point.

Maybe just a target of 20-30 minute races with 10-15 minutes of qualifying once a week. Stick to the club tracks and start somewhere in the A-C classes. I'm getting a few ideas for how to handle adding PI after every race and championship points from my current series since it's really my first.
__________________
-Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #69
Synack
Boosted
 
Synack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Sideways
Location: Atlanta Georgia USA
Posts: 2,377
Thanks: 388
Thanked 716 Times in 414 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
If you guys are seriously interested in Forza, I'm the guy to talk too!


I could setup a race event / league if you guys are interested? I have every Forza game to date and I also have HUGE ammounts of experience in racing competitively. I know what it takes to make a race fair and competitive. I know which cars we need to eliminate and such.

If you guys are interested, let me know. My club is called AERL or Apex Endurance Racing League because we like to do 25+ lap races!


bneale
Hey me too! I STILL have all versions of Forza. Ever since buying the first one I've owned the next 3 the day it came out. I typically like to drift and I'm pretty damn good at it but I also am good at racing as well. Joining your league for casual should be pretty cool.
__________________
Nismo 370Z 300whp -> FR-S Turbo 450whp on E85 -> Z06 Corvette 500whp
Synack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #70
Allch Chcar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Drives: N/A
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,380
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 646 Times in 419 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bneale View Post
EDIT: As a word of caution, I should tell you that we are REALLY good. So if you think "i'm too slow for these guys" try not to feel overwhelmed. I promise to personally help you get faster in anyway I can. I've spent far too much time in Forza over the years bringing my times down. I have literally 6000+ races in Forza 2 Multiplayer alone.

bneale
Now I know you weren't kidding at all. I see you have a few top 1000 times just in the A-B range where I typically run. You're not the fastest driver on my friends list but you're high on the list, faster than me, no doubt about it.
__________________
-Allch Chcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else play Forza? S2KtoFT86 Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20 04-29-2016 02:12 PM
FT86 in Forza 4 Random_Art Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 24 04-15-2012 10:26 AM
Forza 3 vs. GT5 Discussion Thread Snaps Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 386 03-06-2011 01:10 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.