follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM   #71
KittenMittens
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: In the market
Location: Texas
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blighty View Post
You could buy the base model and get the Sti 18inch forged on it. Would probably cost the same as the entire premium upgrade haha.

But bronze against that dark blue would look nice.
Yeah, that's one thing I like about this generation is from the exterior the Premium looks almost identical to the Limited. I never liked the look of the last gen without the spoiler.

I will say however, I didn't see the STI wheels on the accessory list, not sure if those are JDM only or if those are coming later.
KittenMittens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM   #72
ayau
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Some rust bucket
Location: Polar ice cap
Posts: 2,945
Thanks: 310
Thanked 970 Times in 521 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no real reason to pay the extra for the premium trim for this second gen IMO.

with the first gen, if you wanted the nicer hvac, you needed to get the premium. it looks like this new gen, the hvac controls are same for premium and non-premium trims.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM   #73
trippinbillies40
Senior Member
 
trippinbillies40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 FRS Sold, '17 BRZ PP currently
Location: US
Posts: 561
Thanks: 107
Thanked 490 Times in 226 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
no real reason to pay the extra for the premium trim for this second gen IMO.

with the first gen, if you wanted the nicer hvac, you needed to get the premium. it looks like this new gen, the hvac controls are same for premium and non-premium trims.
I dunno, I feel like Limited trim is better now that it has been before. Different wheels and tires and an upgraded sound system should make it sell pretty well.
trippinbillies40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #74
ayau
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Some rust bucket
Location: Polar ice cap
Posts: 2,945
Thanks: 310
Thanked 970 Times in 521 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
I dunno, I feel like Limited trim is better now that it has been before. Different wheels and tires and an upgraded sound system should make it sell pretty well.
to each their own. limited spec wheels/tires will be sold for $400 in the used market once these cars are sold to the public. subaru has never been known to provide quality factory sound system. i don't expect the brz limited trim to be good either.
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #75
dragoontwo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Location: TN
Posts: 153
Thanks: 46
Thanked 130 Times in 66 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
no real reason to pay the extra for the premium trim for this second gen IMO.

with the first gen, if you wanted the nicer hvac, you needed to get the premium. it looks like this new gen, the hvac controls are same for premium and non-premium trims.
I think the better reason to choose one over the other is: Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Keep Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert; Steering Responsive Headlights.

Trying to swap those out will be over $2500. For those who don't want it, the premium is a great option.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #76
trippinbillies40
Senior Member
 
trippinbillies40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 FRS Sold, '17 BRZ PP currently
Location: US
Posts: 561
Thanks: 107
Thanked 490 Times in 226 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayau View Post
to each their own. limited spec wheels/tires will be sold for $400 in the used market once these cars are sold to the public. subaru has never been known to provide quality factory sound system. i don't expect the brz limited trim to be good either.
The Harmon Kardon systems are fantastic. Right now the limited trim has "upgraded" stereo and they don't mention HK, so who knows if that'll be the case, but all in all I will guess that Limited 6MT will still be the best seller out of the 4 options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
I think the better reason to choose one over the other is: Blind-Spot Detection with Lane Keep Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert; Steering Responsive Headlights.

Trying to swap those out will be over $2500. For those who don't want it, the premium is a great option.
Lane-keep assist will only be on the AT's, but I agree that these will all be expensive swaps. I think it just depends on where people have priorities.
trippinbillies40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #77
dragoontwo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Location: TN
Posts: 153
Thanks: 46
Thanked 130 Times in 66 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
The Harmon Kardon systems are fantastic. Right now the limited trim has "upgraded" stereo and they don't mention HK, so who knows if that'll be the case, but all in all I will guess that Limited 6MT will still be the best seller out of the 4 options.



Lane-keep assist will only be on the AT's, but I agree that these will all be expensive swaps. I think it just depends on where people have priorities.
That must be a misprint from the press release page, and it should read lane change asssist.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #78
timurrrr
Senior Member
 
timurrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Drives: '17 BRZ with PP
Location: Between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Posts: 612
Thanks: 635
Thanked 331 Times in 208 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heated seats are Limited only though.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HKS Supercharger Power and Pricing Released! ZC6BRZ Forced Induction 128 05-29-2019 02:14 PM
**Echelon Autosports** AFE Takeda Air Intake .... Low Intro Pricing on all Pre-Orders Echelon Autosports Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 0 07-26-2012 12:58 PM
New Zealand BRZ Pricing released lazyluka AUSTRALIA 30 04-25-2012 05:54 AM
Canadian pricing released 25,990 Mather CANADA 1 03-31-2012 12:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.