follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #1
T_Squadrito

Drives: White 2014 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone know who is the distributor/manufacturer for BRZs microsuede?

I am looking to get some of the charcoal black Alcantara-esk microfiber fabric used for the seats. I want to wrap some other parts myself because I really am not a fan of the stitch patterns on some of the premade ones. I just want everything to match. I don't believe that this is actual Alcantara. I think its just another microsuede, but short of taking a trip out to new york and getting a swatchbook from Mood, I am not 100% certain where to get some that matches. I suppose even if I cant get the exact same fabric, if anyone knows the pantone or if you happen to have purchased some microsuede that matches and you can maybe tell me where to get it I would appreciate it.
T_Squadrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:16 AM   #2
spd

Drives: wrx, brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have a swatchbook from Relicate that has pretty much all of the black colored Alcantara options.

9040 is probably the closest. I've found that when trying to match other cars I ran into this same problem of them only being "close" but not quite right. I believe some manufacturers use their own runs or special dyes.

It's also possible that this is Ultrasuede - another competitor to Alcantara (just a brand name after all). I don't have samples of that.
spd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spd For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-26-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 12:56 AM   #3
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spd View Post
I have a swatchbook from Relicate that has pretty much all of the black colored Alcantara options.

9040 is probably the closest. I've found that when trying to match other cars I ran into this same problem of them only being "close" but not quite right. I believe some manufacturers use their own runs or special dyes.

It's also possible that this is Ultrasuede - another competitor to Alcantara (just a brand name after all). I don't have samples of that.
It is ultrasuede, at least that’s what ftspeed.com says.
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote