follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 01:29 PM   #99
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I remember "car meets" back-in-the-day, where we would gather at the local gas station and talk about our cars, usually on Saturday night. You best be able to back up your talk on that straight stretch of road just outside of town -
And everyone would break into song before breaking into a fight between the greasers and jocks?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (01-05-2021), humfrz (01-04-2021), NoHaveMSG (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 01:45 PM   #100
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,123 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Where Is Ned Flanders? I have not seen him around the parts.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:01 AM   #101
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Seems that a whole month was removed from this thread so I missed the relevant parts but car meets do have their place other than instagram and BS. People claim that it's so hard to make friends in this day and age; well you could go meet a bunch of people with at least one common interest and see if there's anyone there worth knowing. You can also get an idea of what particular exhaust setups sound like in person and not just through your headphones from a recording posted to the internet where the microphone and wind noise might have distorted it (or been changed 'post-production'). If you're like me and enjoy taking your car on track you can find out when people with similar cars are going (they don't always post on the forums). I haven't gone to many meets since I last owned a VW but they do have potential.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrowsFeast For This Useful Post:
Turbo (06-02-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 11:35 AM   #102
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Has Tcoat been banned or something, or has life gotten busier?

Itchi's post is kind of confusing, it appears someone was threatening to Tcoat, perhaps some posts were deleted, and where is he now?

PS- this site is very fortunate to have someone like him. He not only acts as the "main" personality here many times, he is reasonable, realistic, never offensive IMO and a generally decent guy.

But, as he has outwardly stated he is no Ed Flanders. LOL
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:00 PM   #103
shu5892001
Ontario's FT86

Drives: 2016 Lexus GS-F
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Get a lawyer, this will most likely get thrown out or reduced to something very minor like speeding as the court are still not open yet. My wife has 2 tickets one from January 2020 and she still doesn't have a court date yet. If anything this is the best time to get a ticket with how backed up the court is.

But don't argue with a cop next time doesn't matter how right you think you are, the ego is not worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to shu5892001 For This Useful Post:
wbradley (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #104
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
Seems that a whole month was removed from this thread so I missed the relevant parts but car meets do have their place other than instagram and BS. People claim that it's so hard to make friends in this day and age; well you could go meet a bunch of people with at least one common interest and see if there's anyone there worth knowing. You can also get an idea of what particular exhaust setups sound like in person and not just through your headphones from a recording posted to the internet where the microphone and wind noise might have distorted it (or been changed 'post-production'). If you're like me and enjoy taking your car on track you can find out when people with similar cars are going (they don't always post on the forums). I haven't gone to many meets since I last owned a VW but they do have potential.
Some posts were deleted yes, more like a days worth though, as it escalated quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
wbradley (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 12:48 PM   #105
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu5892001 View Post
Get a lawyer, this will most likely get thrown out or reduced to something very minor like speeding as the court are still not open yet. My wife has 2 tickets one from January 2020 and she still doesn't have a court date yet. If anything this is the best time to get a ticket with how backed up the court is.

But don't argue with a cop next time doesn't matter how right you think you are, the ego is not worth it.
I am hoping that when I attend the summons in early Feb, when the police officer is supposed to present his evidence to the crown, that it will be dismissed. According to the officer at the time the charge was based on the presumption that I had deliberately put my car into a 4 wheel slide.

Firstly, I did not so there can be no video evidence showing otherwise. I turned left onto the highway after approaching a green light from some distance, and momentarily lost traction at the end of the turn when going in a straight line headed east. I do not wish to take on yet another expense for the sake of ego. If for some reason after the summons it looks like they intend to proceed I will most certainly seek legal assistance since I can't possibly afford at my stage in life and seeking employment to be refused insurance, that would be tragic. I have discussed this with my agent already since the 7 day suspension showed up when I was renewing and I have also explained to him based on the facts there will be every effort to prevent erroneous conviction.

Based on the definition of stunt driving, this is NOT a straightforward conviction unless I am really, really negligent to address the allegation.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-07-2021), shu5892001 (01-14-2021)
Old 08-07-2022, 09:56 AM   #106
dyim

Drives: ?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Any update?

Curious mind wants to know.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:26 AM   #107
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
he hasn't posted since june.

so he got locked up!

crazy punk street racers ruining our roads!
Old 08-07-2022, 01:09 PM   #108
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Hi folks,

Didn't read this thread for a long time, sorry for the delayed reply.

The incident took place Aug 2020 and what do you know it's almost 2 years ago and I haven't been called to attend the initial summons. The original summons date was 3 months after the incident, and when I called in before attending it was advised that summons dates were cancelled for that time and a new date notification would be mailed to me when it is set.
The police officer stated that he wrote the ticket since he thought that I, "deliberately broke traction at all 4 wheels", in other words, drifting. Perhaps upon examination of any 3vidence he.might present, it was determined this isn't a solid case at all, and maybe pushed aside for legitimate cases.
For the record, I sped up to make a green light to turn left onto the highway. I DID NOT drift. Certainly didn't deliberately try to lose traction, tires are way too expensive. But, I did accelerate briskly upon completion of the turn amd he witnessed it but couldn't clock me for speeding. Perhaps the supercharger, staggered rears and the rear LSD caused his eyes to pop.

I am hoping that even if it did come up now I could argue they violated my right to a speedy trial. The overall cost so far is approx $800 for a week storage and towing plus Uber to reinstate license and pick up my car at the storage yard monopoly. No way the cops let a private business make so much profit without serious kickbacks.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:33 PM   #109
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
you know, the joke was funnier if you didn't post
Old 08-07-2022, 06:03 PM   #110
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
you know, the joke was funnier if you didn't post
They do have internet priviledges in low security facilities. Just saying.
Aside from that, I'm pretty sure they'd be trading me for cigarettes and I wouldn't last 24 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 06:07 PM   #111
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,510 Times in 18,915 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
lol
Old 08-08-2022, 08:40 AM   #112
Tokay444
Anti stance.

Drives: 17 White 860. RCE Tarmac 2. RE-71RS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Hi folks,

Didn't read this thread for a long time, sorry for the delayed reply.

The incident took place Aug 2020 and what do you know it's almost 2 years ago and I haven't been called to attend the initial summons. The original summons date was 3 months after the incident, and when I called in before attending it was advised that summons dates were cancelled for that time and a new date notification would be mailed to me when it is set.
The police officer stated that he wrote the ticket since he thought that I, "deliberately broke traction at all 4 wheels", in other words, drifting. Perhaps upon examination of any 3vidence he.might present, it was determined this isn't a solid case at all, and maybe pushed aside for legitimate cases.
For the record, I sped up to make a green light to turn left onto the highway. I DID NOT drift. Certainly didn't deliberately try to lose traction, tires are way too expensive. But, I did accelerate briskly upon completion of the turn amd he witnessed it but couldn't clock me for speeding. Perhaps the supercharger, staggered rears and the rear LSD caused his eyes to pop.

I am hoping that even if it did come up now I could argue they violated my right to a speedy trial. The overall cost so far is approx $800 for a week storage and towing plus Uber to reinstate license and pick up my car at the storage yard monopoly. No way the cops let a private business make so much profit without serious kickbacks.
On your first appearance you can request the charges withdrawn on the grounds of a charter violation of your right to a fair and speedy trial.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
RToyo86 (08-09-2022), wbradley (08-09-2022)

Closed Thread