follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 04-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Malcolm Gladwell Explores Lexus

https://pressroom.lexus.com/go-and-s...odcast-series/

Quote:
Malcolm Gladwell, #1 New York Times bestselling author, long-time New Yorker writer, and host of the podcast Revisionist History®, is a self-proclaimed car nut. Which made him the perfect host to collaborate with Lexus for a six-part podcast launching today.

The podcast title, “Go and See”, is an approximate translation of the Japanese “genchi genbutsu,” or “go and see for yourself.” The idea stems from the belief that a person will have a better understanding of people and how to create something for them from actual personal experience. In the series, Lexus invites Gladwell to Japan to discover their unconventional thinking and processes firsthand in the exclusive behind the scenes look at the luxury automaker.

“Human-centered design has been a Lexus core value since inception, and this has led to some interesting and original approaches through the years,” said Lisa Materazzo, vice president of marketing at Lexus. “Malcolm Gladwell’s curiosity is contagious, and we are so pleased that he accepted our invitation to take a closer look at Lexus. I believe he was able to gain an understanding of how we learn by studying people. The resulting podcast series is truly intriguing.”

Gladwell’s unique storytelling ability shines as he explores how culture and engineering merge at Lexus.

The podcast series follows Gladwell as he travels to the luxury brand’s headquarters in Japan, explores a top-secret racetrack, and shadows engineers and executives. All while gaining firsthand exposure to how the brand takes learning from research on human behavior and processes that have set the brand apart.

Each episode dives deep into unique elements of the luxury automaker’s identity, from how a Japanese tea ceremony influenced the engineering of a car window; to the musical composition of a coupe’s engine and the emotions it elicits. ”Go and See” offers car nuts like Gladwell, and anyone who is simply curious, a true appreciation of the exceptional craftsmanship behind the Lexus badge.

“I once had a Lexus sports car and loved it. But after I gave it up, I didn’t really give them much more thought,” said Gladwell. “In Japan, I saw firsthand just how much thought and cultural know-how and expertise goes into the final product.”
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...e/id1500976512

Atmo (04-13-2020), HSC (04-15-2020)