follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 05-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ichiba 10mm hubcentric spacers with extended studs

Since I went to my new wheel setup, I've been having a very slight shimmy in my steering wheel. As speed increased, so did the shimmy. My first thought was to get the wheels re-balanced since I was running hubcentric spacers. Before bringing the wheels in to get rebalanced, I decided to play around with some stuff last night.

With the front wheels off the ground, you can see the rim wobble very slightly when spun. it was happening on both front wheels (not the rears) so that helped me determine that it's probably the spacers (Ichiba 10mm spacer with extended studs). I'm not running these spacers in the rear.

The spacers themselves are generic, but they have a hubcentric portion that fits into the middle of them. This image best illustrates that:

I've removed and reinstalled these probably a dozen times trying different methods of tightening them down evenly. As soon as the hubcentric portion is there, the wheels wobble. It's both sides as well.

After removing the hubcentric center portion and just running the spacer itself, the wheel now turned true and without any wobble.

has anyone else had any issues with these spacers, or any other hubcentric spacers?
Old 05-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
maybe the hub rings arent perfectly flush with the hub and spacer?