follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Drives: Civic Turbo,FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
DBW TQ requested table??

So has anyone gotten the throttle body to stay open 97-99% up to redline?
This taper it does dropping to 90% after 5k is weird. im lightly changing the tables and getting no results.. I would also like to match the engine throttle relevance to match the pedal if that makes sense. Its dumb that at 80% pedal throw the engine is at 98% which is full throttle rendering the last 1/5th of my pedal swing useless.

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...-to-Improve-it
found this might just give it a go

Last edited by Grip Ronin; 04-07-2015 at 10:33 PM.
Grip Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:39 AM   #2
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Be careful with which tables you edit and understand the relationship. You could actually reduce the throttle movement if you're not careful.

I think the throttle angle reducing is actually to do with the throttle itself and not a table in the map, it's certainly not something I've heard has been "fixed"

I'll also suggest that you don't actually want a dead linear pedal, nor do you want 100% throttle at only 100% pedal. Mine goes fully open at 85% pedal and I think it's late enough, it's actually the control you get earlier on in the range that I found beneficial. But then I think the CBW is a personal thing, just it's trial and error. I've managed to make a setting I like which softens at lower pedal travel but is more linear 45~85%.

Another reason that I wouldn't set it to 100/100 is that when the sensor does start to go, you'll lose full throttle straight away.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Be careful with which tables you edit and understand the relationship. You could actually reduce the throttle movement if you're not careful.

I think the throttle angle reducing is actually to do with the throttle itself and not a table in the map, it's certainly not something I've heard has been "fixed"

I'll also suggest that you don't actually want a dead linear pedal, nor do you want 100% throttle at only 100% pedal. Mine goes fully open at 85% pedal and I think it's late enough, it's actually the control you get earlier on in the range that I found beneficial. But then I think the CBW is a personal thing, just it's trial and error. I've managed to make a setting I like which softens at lower pedal travel but is more linear 45~85%.

Another reason that I wouldn't set it to 100/100 is that when the sensor does start to go, you'll lose full throttle straight away.
Hm ya i see how he lost the low load pedal response. I want to keep that how it is and still use all the spaces. Ok so id leave some wearing space like 90% is full throttle.. this will take alot of data logging and testing.. one other question on data logging.. fuel injection mode, 1 is port 2 is direct 3 is blended?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
Kodename47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Ronin View Post
Hm ya i see how he lost the low load pedal response. I want to keep that how it is and still use all the spaces. Ok so id leave some wearing space like 90% is full throttle.. this will take alot of data logging and testing.. one other question on data logging.. fuel injection mode, 1 is port 2 is direct 3 is blended?
It's not so much logging the changes, but more how you feel. Just make sure you don't lose 100% throttle.

Yes, those are the correct fuel modes.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #5
nickw14

Drives: Built FA20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That post on dirtyimpreza is very informative. The one thing I see that I don't like about it is that the author doesn't include anything on the calculated torque tables. I read a thread on here (on my phone now so I won't link it) describing the relationship of calc. torque and requested torque as an equation with requested as a numerator and calculated as a denominator. That would effectively make edits to the requested tables useless. Or, as the author of the thread here noted, producing "undesirable results".
nickw14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #6
Kodename47

The problem with that link is it doesn't 100% explain the working on our ECU.

I go by what's in ECUtek as I find it easier to understand, but the basics:
A 2D WOT Threshold Table (Raw Numbers) - Requested Tq Base in Romraider
A 3D Torque Request Table - Accelerator v RPM
A 3D Requested Throttle Angle Table - Tq v RPM

The values in the Torque request table are divided by the WOT threshold table. So at any point that the 3D Torque request table is above the value of the WOT threshold then you have 100% Requested torque. The value produced by requested torque divided by the WOT threshold is the x axis input for the throttle angle request table. I hope that makes sense.

It's better explained here: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=15&t=7960

Kodename 47 DJ:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
Compelica (08-15-2023)
Old 04-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #7
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
might be worth a look here as well

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28453

steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #8
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Quote:
The problem with that link is it doesn't 100% explain the working on our ECU.

I go by what's in ECUtek as I find it easier to understand, but the basics:
A 2D WOT Threshold Table (Raw Numbers) - Requested Tq Base in Romraider
A 3D Torque Request Table - Accelerator v RPM
A 3D Requested Throttle Angle Table - Tq v RPM

The values in the Torque request table are divided by the WOT threshold table. So at any point that the 3D Torque request table is above the value of the WOT threshold then you have 100% Requested torque. The value produced by requested torque divided by the WOT threshold is the x axis input for the throttle angle request table. I hope that makes sense.

It's better explained here: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=15&t=7960
ya i dont quite understand how the requested torque tables use numbers much higher then the target thottle plate position max table.. i see that on the oft tune REQ TQ A was modified and looks very evenly edited but REQ TQ table B was not touched and still looks scattered. redline wasnt even raised on table B so which one is suppose to be used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
might be worth a look here as well

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28453

lol ya i was the last post on that one, i tried to bring it back alive
The Following User Says Thank You to Grip Ronin For This Useful Post:
steve99 (04-09-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 05:02 AM   #9
Kodename47

Quote:
ya i dont quite understand how the requested torque tables use numbers much higher then the target thottle plate position max table.. i see that on the oft tune REQ TQ A was modified and looks very evenly edited but REQ TQ table B was not touched and still looks scattered. redline wasnt even raised on table B so which one is suppose to be used?

lol ya i was the last post on that one, i tried to bring it back alive
I'm not sure which is which. I believe that Requested Tq B is what is used. Don't forget that the last value isn't the redline.

The throttle position max is different on Romraider t what I have on ECUtek, their max value is 86 which makes more sense. You can correct the definition by changing the expression:
Code:
<table type="3D" name="Target Throttle Plate Position Maximum (Requested Torque)" category="Drive-by-Wire Throttle (DBW)" storagetype="uint16" endian="big" sizex="17" sizey="16" userlevel="4" logparam="E38">
      <scaling units="Target Throttle Plate Opening Angle (%)" expression="x*0.00190734863272251" to_byte="x/0.00190734863272251" format="0.00" fineincrement=".1" coarseincrement="1" />
      <table type="X Axis" name="Requested Torque" storagetype="float" endian="little" logparam="E56">
        <scaling units="raw ecu value" expression="x" to_byte="x" format="0.000" fineincrement="1" coarseincrement="10" />
      </table>
      <table type="Y Axis" name="Engine Speed" storagetype="float" endian="little" logparam="P8">
        <scaling units="RPM" expression="x" to_byte="x" format="#" fineincrement="50" coarseincrement="100" />
      </table>
      <description>The target from the 'Requested Torque (Accelerator Pedal)' table and engine speed are used to determine the maximum limit target throttle plate opening. This maximum target throttle plate opening is used to limit the final target throttle plate opening determined by the A/B tables.</description>
   </table>

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 04-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #10
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Quote:
I'm not sure which is which. I believe that Requested Tq B is what is used. Don't forget that the last value isn't the redline.

The throttle position max is different on Romraider t what I have on ECUtek, their max value is 86 which makes more sense. You can correct the definition by changing the expression:
Code:
<table type="3D" name="Target Throttle Plate Position Maximum (Requested Torque)" category="Drive-by-Wire Throttle (DBW)" storagetype="uint16" endian="big" sizex="17" sizey="16" userlevel="4" logparam="E38">
      <scaling units="Target Throttle Plate Opening Angle (%)" expression="x*0.00190734863272251" to_byte="x/0.00190734863272251" format="0.00" fineincrement=".1" coarseincrement="1" />
      <table type="X Axis" name="Requested Torque" storagetype="float" endian="little" logparam="E56">
        <scaling units="raw ecu value" expression="x" to_byte="x" format="0.000" fineincrement="1" coarseincrement="10" />
      </table>
      <table type="Y Axis" name="Engine Speed" storagetype="float" endian="little" logparam="P8">
        <scaling units="RPM" expression="x" to_byte="x" format="#" fineincrement="50" coarseincrement="100" />
      </table>
      <description>The target from the 'Requested Torque (Accelerator Pedal)' table and engine speed are used to determine the maximum limit target throttle plate opening. This maximum target throttle plate opening is used to limit the final target throttle plate opening determined by the A/B tables.</description>
   </table>
Oh i could try changing the definition. So 86 is suppose yk represent 86 degrees of opening at the tb plate, Or its equal to 100%?. Ya redline is adjusted under limits, just weird how theres no pedal map for that high.. table B has many more cells it would seem to be more important lol
Old 04-10-2015, 03:22 PM   #11
Kodename47

Quote:
Oh i could try changing the definition. So 86 is suppose yk represent 86 degrees of opening at the tb plate, Or its equal to 100%?. Ya redline is adjusted under limits, just weird how theres no pedal map for that high.. table B has many more cells it would seem to be more important lol
Remember that above the last axis value then the ECU uses the last cell, so there is no need to increase the maximum axis value.

86 degrees is 100% throttle. When I log requested throttle it shows as 100%.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 04-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Quote:
Remember that above the last axis value then the ECU uses the last cell, so there is no need to increase the maximum axis value.

86 degrees is 100% throttle. When I log requested throttle it shows as 100%.
do you have the code for req torque accel pedal. i think it got cut off on your post.. also says something about engine rpm?
i got the throttle plate changed to 86 degrees tho
Old 04-11-2015, 03:59 AM   #13
Kodename47

Quote:
do you have the code for req torque accel pedal. i think it got cut off on your post.. also says something about engine rpm?
i got the throttle plate changed to 86 degrees tho
That code is just the whole throttle angle table expression I use just in case someone wanted to replace the whole lot. Everything is there

I wouldn't touch the requested torque table definition, there's no need as they are raw values.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Old 04-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #14
Grip Ronin
The Mechanic

Quote:
That code is just the whole throttle angle table expression I use just in case someone wanted to replace the whole lot. Everything is there

I wouldn't touch the requested torque table definition, there's no need as they are raw values.
lol so i applied the expressions to the xml for peal requested tq. the highest the table goes is about 55. but idk how to apply this to make it open 100% lol this is such a pain in the ass. worst then maf scaling lol i raised some values at the high end and it drives the same but engine off it only opens 64% lol

noticed my injection goes port only recently on closed loop. i dont recall this happening before but i dont like it lol