follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 11-23-2016, 05:41 AM   #1
vf34

Drives: FT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Key Icon on the Dash! Car won't start.

Hi All

**Help please** Sorry Guys I've moved this to the Issues forum!!!

I suffered a problem with my manual Blackline/GTS 86 (AUS). I attempted and successfully swapped out the clutch helper spring but now I don't get the Key icon on the dash so I cannot start the engine or place it in acc. Battery is not flat, interior lights, hazards and external lights work ok anything relating to press to start button onwards will not work. The fob key/remote battery are not flat either.

I thought I may have killed the clutch assembly switch, there are 2 of them on the pedal and have just swapped them out with new ones, still cannot get a key icon on the dash so still can't start.

I'm now thinking I may have killed something relating to the canbus system, when I disassembled the clutch pedal I had to release the wiring cable to the clutch assembly switches, however I did not disconnect the battery when I started the clutch spring swap. I've come to this conclusion as I have checked all the fuses, under dash and engine bay, and they are all fine.

So at this stage I'm now curious as to what the problem could be now???

Thoughts.

Thanks.

Nick

Last edited by vf34; 11-23-2016 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Moved to Issues Forum.
vf34 is offline   Reply With Quote