follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #1765
Valfred
Friendly Person

Drives: CWP Aozora
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Valfred
'15 BRZ Aozora CWP
Brampton/Georgetown, ON. Canada

Hey everyone! My name is Valfred and I just recently purchased a CWP 2015 BRZ Aozora Edition (Series.Blue). A little bit about myself, I've always loved cars (JDM). When I was 17, I purchased my first vehicle (92 Civic Si). Loved it very much but I got in trouble with the law which put me in a lot of debt. 7 years later, here I am, back at it again with the JDM dreams. I somehow got the car in the colour I want with all the exclusive STi badging add-ons! My vehicle on the other hand is almost fully stock except for a catback modification. I must say, it's a love at first drive kind of relationship with this beaut. I hope to meet like-minded people within the community and learn more in regards to the vehicle as well as driving more efficiently. I am located in the GTA, Ontario Canada. Currently living in Brampton but will be moving to Georgetown before winter.

Cheers and happy driving!
Valfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:03 AM   #1766
SubieSyncro

Drives: 1989 VW Vanagon Syncro
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The hunt for a BRZ begins . . .

Hi all, I thought Iíd introduce myself. Iím in the hunt for a daily driver that is fun to drive and have narrowed it to the BRZ. For about 7 years a Porsche 944 was my DD, and then for about five more years it was a Mazdaspeed 6. Iím currently driving a Rav4 for practical reasons and really missing actually DRIVING.

Iíve only driven one BRZ so far (hard to find in W. Pennsylvania) and it felt a lot like my old 944 with a little extra grunt. The 2013 model I drove had an aftermarket exhaust system that was so loud that you had to have the windows up all the time. Still, it did put a smile on my face.

It seems like with the exception of some dash (and steering wheel) electronics there isnít a huge difference between the 2013 and 2017 models, so my plan is to find a low mileage 13 or 14 in the $18,000 to $20,000 range and then upgrade anything that I would be missing in the later models, such as Apple Carplay or a backup camera.

Heading into winter months, Iím wondering if I might get a great price on a used BRZ or FRS.

Iím looking forward to learning about the BRZ on this site.
SubieSyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:56 AM   #1767
TheIceMan

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Been sifting through FT86 for the past 2 months before recently purchasing my '14 BRZ and creating my membership on here. Hoping to be active in the SoCal scene, seems like a thriving place for 86's.
TheIceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIceMan For This Useful Post:
Zaku (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 03:03 AM   #1768
Zoh

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hey all!
Just got my 2017 BRZ, fresh from the dealership!
Been wanting one of these for a couple years now, and got really close to buying one about 2 years ago. Ended up not being able to get the financing where I wanted it. This time, I did, and got it the second I could!

I'm still somewhat new to driving a manual transmission, so I can't comment too well on how it handles and drives, but so far so good! I love it!

Zoh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zoh For This Useful Post:
BRZErskine (08-27-2016), BRZ_Prague (08-27-2016), Side (08-27-2016), Tcoat (08-30-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 05:44 AM   #1769
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoh View Post
Hey all!
Been wanting one of these for a couple years now, and got really close to buying one about 2 years ago. Ended up not being able to get the financing where I wanted it. This time, I did, and got it the second I could!

I'm still somewhat new to driving a manual transmission, so I can't comment too well on how it handles and drives, but so far so good! I love it!

Congrats on the new 2017 model! i think you are one of the firt people on this forum to own one. It looks way better in person than in the photos imo. Good choice with the WRP Blue. Any plans to mod it? Or you gonna keep it stock?
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xxyion For This Useful Post:
BRZErskine (08-27-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #1770
BRZErskine

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ Limited
Quote:
Hey all!

I hear the best first mod for these is to swap out for the older version stock tail lights. I've got some if you want to trade

Nice ride!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
BRZErskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:23 AM   #1771
Birry

Drives: Miata
Been a long time fan of the 86. I wanted to buy one this year but I wasn't financially ready. I was born 8/6/86 and have always felt that I was meant to own an 86.

Loving this community so far with the vast knowledge and reviews.
Birry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Birry For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-30-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 06:21 AM   #1772
q8y_brz

Drives: Track/Drift/AutoX Pearl White BRZ
Hii guys, this is Ahmed from Kuwait, i own a 2014 Pearl White MT BRZ, my main usage for the car is track/drift oriented sports, here to learn and give out info if possible.
hope to hear from u guys and girls soon!

Last edited by q8y_brz; 08-29-2016 at 06:38 AM.
q8y_brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to q8y_brz For This Useful Post:
BRZErskine (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #1773
fizzymike

Drives: 2014 Silver BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys. About 2 months ago I bought a 2014 silver BRZ and its everything I had hoped for. Everything about this car I really like. I'm going to be doing a ton of work on the car to get it exactly the way I want as I'm a big fan of wide cars. So far I have a Greddy Evo Exhaust and stance coils.
fizzymike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fizzymike For This Useful Post:
BRZErskine (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #1774
MrAsh2222

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Hello Everyone, longtime lurker and thought it would be polite to intorduce myself! Currently I'm driving a MINI Cooper S that will be going up for sale in the next couple of days to finance a BRZ (I've already been buying small mods for it ��). Can't wait to get behind the wheel of my own. Located just outside of Barrie, ON Canada!
MrAsh2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrAsh2222 For This Useful Post:
BRZErskine (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #1775
Zoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
Congrats on the new 2017 model! i think you are one of the firt people on this forum to own one. It looks way better in person than in the photos imo. Good choice with the WRP Blue. Any plans to mod it? Or you gonna keep it stock?
I definitely seem to be one of the first in my area with one. Haven't seen another one on the road yet, or even at a dealership for that matter.

I loooove the color. I've wanted a WRB BRZ for a good 3-4 years now, so it feels good to finally have one!

I'm pretty much going to keep it stock, at least for the near future. I'm still new to driving stick and this is my first 'real' car (I had a Nissan Versa that I hated for 4 years.) I plan on doing a satin black roof wrap to match the new spoiler, and probably add an armrest and perhaps some window tint, but that's probably the extent of it for a while until I get more used to driving the car and seeing how I use it. 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZErskine View Post
I hear the best first mod for these is to swap out for the older version stock tail lights. I've got some if you want to trade

Nice ride!
Oh man, if only. Shame your harness won't work with all the new LED stuff!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoh For This Useful Post:
BRZErskine (08-30-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 02:25 AM   #1776
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

I just wrapped my BRZ with a gloss black vinyl. I recommend buying two sheets. I sorta messed up on the wrap job but its not enough to make me redo it...but theres so many places to mess up.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:19 PM   #1777
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Quote:
I definitely seem to be one of the first in my area with one. Haven't seen another one on the road yet, or even at a dealership for that matter.

I loooove the color. I've wanted a WRB BRZ for a good 3-4 years now, so it feels good to finally have one!

I'm pretty much going to keep it stock, at least for the near future. I'm still new to driving stick and this is my first 'real' car (I had a Nissan Versa that I hated for 4 years.) I plan on doing a satin black roof wrap to match the new spoiler, and probably add an armrest and perhaps some window tint, but that's probably the extent of it for a while until I get more used to driving the car and seeing how I use it. 😊
One request from me. Can you let me know if your BRZ starts chirping? I'd like to know if the new fuel pump gets rid of the chirp. Not that its bad but i like hearing my exhaust note chirp free =D.

I also made a video about wrapping the roof of the BRZ specifically. It's a bit difficult due to the nature of the roof but it can be done in about an hour if you have help.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:57 PM   #1778
Zoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
One request from me. Can you let me know if your BRZ starts chirping? I'd like to know if the new fuel pump gets rid of the chirp. Not that its bad but i like hearing my exhaust note chirp free =D.

I also made a video about wrapping the roof of the BRZ specifically. It's a bit difficult due to the nature of the roof but it can be done in about an hour if you have help.
Oh absolutely. If I start getting the chirping, I'll let you know.

As for the roof wrap, I was probably going to get it done professionally. I'm not particularly experienced or knowledgeable on this stuff and wouldn't want to fuck it up, haha

- Zoh