follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Phaedrus29

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
orders and allocation separate?

When asking how many orders were in ahead of mine at the dealership, I was told the following:

"FYI, being 3rd, 4th or 5th will not really affect your delivery date by more than a few days. You are not going up against our allocation, ordered cars are shipped in addition to the allocation. Subaru will ship orders first then the allocation."

Is this just completely wrong? Are orders handled separately from a dealership's normal allocation?
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I believe orders are part of the allocation. If the dealer only gets 3 for the year and those 3 are spoken for with sold orders that is it from my understanding. Dealers don't get allocation + orders. Correct me if I am wrong.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Kuzuri
__(X)__

Drives: '11 Legacy, '89 190E, '78 GS1000
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
^ thats the way I understood it as well....
Kuzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
thermobox

Drives: 16 Impreza 5dr CWP
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Yep, You guys got it right. If I am allocated X cars and I manage to sell those X cars. Subaru isn't going to ship "extra" cars to me. This is the same as it is for every Subaru. We are only just now levelling out in our Impreza Orders/Allocated cars. Where we are receiving Imprezas that aren't sold/reserved in our allocation.

After I had completed my first run of BRZ orders, I noticed that one order had doubled. I made sure immediately to get through to our Distribution Office and have this double order cancelled. Once the order is cancelled, it will become an allocated unit.
I then cancelled the allocated unit. Because I don't want an "allocated" unit to take up my available cars to order for my customers.

Either the Salesman doesn't know how the Order Process works or he's feeding you a line of BS.
thermobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
Lighting Red
Habitual Line Crosser.

Drives: ^ Two of my favorite things.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermobox View Post
Yep, You guys got it right. If I am allocated X cars and I manage to sell those X cars. Subaru isn't going to ship "extra" cars to me. This is the same as it is for every Subaru. We are only just now levelling out in our Impreza Orders/Allocated cars. Where we are receiving Imprezas that aren't sold/reserved in our allocation.

After I had completed my first run of BRZ orders, I noticed that one order had doubled. I made sure immediately to get through to our Distribution Office and have this double order cancelled. Once the order is cancelled, it will become an allocated unit.
I then cancelled the allocated unit. Because I don't want an "allocated" unit to take up my available cars to order for my customers.

Either the Salesman doesn't know how the Order Process works or he's feeding you a line of BS.
That's why I am hunkering down for the wait until Sept./Oct. Unless SOA sends you an additional Lightning Red Limited - I'll gladly take it off your hands.
Lighting Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
I believe orders are part of the allocation. If the dealer only gets 3 for the year and those 3 are spoken for with sold orders that is it from my understanding. Dealers don't get allocation + orders. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Kohlii

Drives: BRZ - DGM Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermobox View Post

Was that my order, by any chance? I wondered why I got two emails from Subaru on Friday. Figured maybe you were running a 2 for 1 special.
Kohlii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: quicker than arghx7
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
That's what my dealership told me too, and at this point they haven't shown any sign of sleaze. My dealer said their BRZ allocation was 7 for the model year, and from what SoA told them, they could expect about half to arrive in early May as part of the debut/initial batch of cars. My order being their first means only 6 others can buy BRZ at that dealer for MY13, and the last of the allocation will likely be at the end of the model year. Not exactly an overload of cars.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
Enemies

Drives: '13 SWP Sport-Tech (Limited)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Would've been nice to get him to test that theory by putting you #1.
Enemies is offline   Reply With Quote