follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canada Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #43
22R
22R

Drives: 2012 Camry SE 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
4 years ago I bought a OLM "complete" fog light set only it was not, the extension harness that goes from the inside switch to the car wiring harness was not included. To make it work I had to remove a wire clip and stretch the wiring to make the connection to the switch in the panel and it is a very tight fit and pull on the harness. When I complained I was told that part was not sold individually and then when I sent a link to the part only to but I was told to basically pound sand. I wrote a detailed review saying the lights are great but also explaining the harness is not included but t still has never been posted so yeah Fukkem I have not spent a dime with em since.

22R
22R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 02:14 PM   #44
knapper

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S - Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
That's a very likely part of it right there.
A lot of this situation also relies on how you read his first response. If you read it in a snarky tone it comes across condescending. If you read it in a neutral tone then it is just a simple statement of facts.
I personably would not have had any issue with his first message. The following ones he is just pretty much responding in the same fashion as the OP.
If I had been the vender here I would simply not have replied to the second message and that would have been that. Losing a customer that bought the cheapest thing they could and then just presumed it would be replaced from stock 5 months later would not break my heart. Potentially losing many customers because I continued to argue with them would be a different story though.
It is not my job to decipher how much of an asshole the owner of a company is based on language barriers, context etc. If he had responded simply stating unfortunately due to the timeline there is nothing that they could do, and heck, maybe even offer some advice, instead of bashing the customer for making the purchase in the first place... the conversation would have gone very differently.

While I agree he stated the facts, I think I made it pretty clear that I understand what the return period was etc. Is it his problem that I was unable to fit the wing until now? No, of course not. But it is his problem with regards to how to chooses to speak to customers. Intended or not.

My wife didn't buy the cheapest thing she could find, she originally purchased two items, one of which she was getting the run around for, and finally said never mind, I know he wants a carbon fiber lip spoiler and went that route instead so that I would still have something to open.

Is that a ton of money? No. But it was something she was excited to give me, and that I was looking forward to installing.

Its not the policy that I take issue with, I understand he could have done any number of things to satisfy the situation, as previously mentioned by several others. Reiterating information about their policy, and essentially telling me "don't buy the cheap stuff then you if don't want to run into fitment issues" is just a shit way to do business.

I wasn't asking for a run down of why he thinks it was a bad purchase or post about their return policy, or advice on how my wife should shop for me in the future, I was looking for assistance of any kind and I received an asshole response.
22R (05-04-2022)