follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #1065
pixel67

Drives: 13 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Bravo34 View Post
The Ca-Fi is coming very soon at a cheaper price!
Care to elaborate? Looks like it is still $750 to me...
Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #1066
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Drives: CBS BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
The Ca-Fi is coming very soon at a cheaper price!
Spit it out man. Don't post stuff like this and not provide any basis or info.
SubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #1067
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I love all that you guys have done with the unit but I bought this and realized I haven't the slightest clue how to do any of this so I'm selling my unit if anyone is interested. Too much going on to sit down and dedicate time to figuring out all these roms and launchers you guys are playing with.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45240
pheoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #1068
mrlizard

Drives: BT50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello Thanks for the AWESOME thread I have read nearly the whole thing lots of it went over my head as it was a bit technical or I didn't understand since I do not have one of these units yet.

I have found this one on Ebay from pumpkin cool http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190805873...84.m1423.l2649

What dose everyone think of this. Is it a good buy or should i buy a CA-FI unit (they both look exactly the same to me) even the same specs.

for should i get T7019A
mrlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #1069
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlizard View Post
Hello Thanks for the AWESOME thread I have read nearly the whole thing lots of it went over my head as it was a bit technical or I didn't understand since I do not have one of these units yet.

I have found this one on Ebay from pumpkin cool http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190805873...84.m1423.l2649

What dose everyone think of this. Is it a good buy or should i buy a CA-FI unit (they both look exactly the same to me) even the same specs.

for should i get T7019A
My 2c and people may disagree is that if you want to root it and have it unlocked to run torque etc then get the T7019A.

The root files may not work with the pumpkin unit and the T7019A is a perfect fit into the Toyota dash (assuming you have an 86 or BRZ).

You will need a bluetooth dongle that is compatible and an aerial adapter.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #1070
mrlizard

Thanks nzer. Ok I thought i might have been able to just add the torque app to the pumpkin unit via the play store??
(I could be wrong as well)

18Bravo34 - what is your website?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #1071
nzer

Quote:
After getting the new DashlinQ units in yesterday. I dont know why anyone would want another radio! I have been in the A/V industry for 15 years and have never seen a radio with so many functions. It is an Android tablet in a double din chasis rhat has everything and more that I sell other brands for over 1800 bucks. I will never own another radio other than these. I was just interested in the Torque because I have tablets mounted in my other vehicles, but those are coming out and the Ca-Fi's are going in!

Mrlizard...our site is down for maintenance. Check out the Ca-Fi store website. Pick what you want, take 15% off and pm me for price confirmation and shipping quote.
@18Bravo34 are the units you have completely "unlocked" straight off the shelf so they will run any app from the Play Store and will communicate via Bluetooth to run carscope with an HKS OB-Link as well as the ELM327 for the full version of torque?

And, does it have a capacitive screen?
Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #1072
nzer

@GreenPants, @Trap63 and anyone else - someone mentioned they were using power amp as the music player on their T7019A.

I like the album artwork but have a couple of issues with it that I hoping someone might have the solutions for:

1. Any way of having it start automatically like the stock music player? This is especially good for my wife as she likes to jump in the car and go rather than work it apps tat she's unfamiliar with.

2. When it is going I ave to pause it and then go to radio otherwise the music playing doesn't stop. The stock music app when you press radio stops automatically to let the radio go.

Edit: 3. Where is the fader adjustment - balance is easy but front/rear fader?

I like the look (with album artwork) of power amp but would love to be able to solve these two issues.

Or, is there any way to get album artwork to show on the stock music app?

Last edited by nzer; 09-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.
nzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #1073
ft_sjo
Banned

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
NZER, the 621000 does all that you ask and is the new model V2 with capacitive screens. For the new line of Dashlinq, Torque is not preloaded but is suppose to be able to run it. These units are straight from Innotrends. The new Dashlinq has the Google store loaded, which according to other post they did not. I have not turned on one of the V2 621000 because I havent had the time yet. I have the manuals in pdf for them both if someone has the time to read them. PM me your email address and I will send them.
With all due respect, this is all very vague and just sounds like a sales pitch from a non-vendor. It's certainly not enticing me to replace my recently-purchased $600 Parrot head unit (which i'd love to replace with something better, if it exists).

Lots of people have spent considerable effort in this thread trying to make life easier for their fellow-man, not just pimp a product.

So I recommend actually read/understand this/other thread(s) as to what people are looking for from an Android based head unit and then offer up some useful information as an alternative, not just "buy this!!!".
ft_sjo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ft_sjo For This Useful Post:
Trap63 (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #1074
GreenPants

Drives: Burnt Orange GT86
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzer View Post
1. Any way of having it start automatically like the stock music player? This is especially good for my wife as she likes to jump in the car and go rather than work it apps tat she's unfamiliar with.

2. When it is going I ave to pause it and then go to radio otherwise the music playing doesn't stop. The stock music app when you press radio stops automatically to let the radio go.

Edit: 3. Where is the fader adjustment - balance is easy but front/rear fader?
1) The built-in OEM apps (Video, Music, Radio) are specific to the headunit. They tie in directly to the audio's hardware subsystem and get special treatment by the OS. AFAIK, these are the only apps that will start by default. You may be able to do the three-second-exit-app trick to prevent these from starting up, and you may even be able to get Android to run an app at startup (although I don't recall anything except perhaps a homescreen widget from doing so), but then you run into the problem that the amplifier hardware isn't configured to allow the Android audio stream (You always seem to have to use the built-in music or video app to 'prime' the audio).

2) As mentioned, the custom OEM apps are special. I believe that they directly use the audio hardware subsystem. The audio subsystem has at least a radio-in, android-audio-in and dvd-audio-in, and the custom apps *switch* between them. All other apps 'share' the Android-audio-in - which can only be heard when running the video or music app. When you switch to radio, all the Android app's audio simply get muted/switched off. The only exception to this I know of is the Navi app, which will get mixed in with the Music/Video/Radio app if/when it makes a sound - and it has been done that way to allow the nav guidance commands to be heard. You can set the 'Navi' application to any Android app you want, and it will be mixed in with the Radio.

3) Trick question, right? Run the EQ app and on the car interior, move the button in the middle left-right to pan or forward-back to fade. On the 86, the rear speakers are pathetic though, and even fully faded to the back you'll struggle to hear them.
GreenPants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenPants For This Useful Post:
Pacific (09-04-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #1075
nzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenPants View Post
1) The built-in OEM apps (Video, Music, Radio) are specific to the headunit. They tie in directly to the audio's hardware subsystem and get special treatment by the OS. AFAIK, these are the only apps that will start by default. You may be able to do the three-second-exit-app trick to prevent these from starting up, and you may even be able to get Android to run an app at startup (although I don't recall anything except perhaps a homescreen widget from doing so), but then you run into the problem that the amplifier hardware isn't configured to allow the Android audio stream (You always seem to have to use the built-in music or video app to 'prime' the audio).

2) As mentioned, the custom OEM apps are special. I believe that they directly use the audio hardware subsystem. The audio subsystem has at least a radio-in, android-audio-in and dvd-audio-in, and the custom apps *switch* between them. All other apps 'share' the Android-audio-in - which can only be heard when running the video or music app. When you switch to radio, all the Android app's audio simply get muted/switched off. The only exception to this I know of is the Navi app, which will get mixed in with the Music/Video/Radio app if/when it makes a sound - and it has been done that way to allow the nav guidance commands to be heard. You can set the 'Navi' application to any Android app you want, and it will be mixed in with the Radio.

3) Trick question, right? Run the EQ app and on the car interior, move the button in the middle left-right to pan or forward-back to fade. On the 86, the rear speakers are pathetic though, and even fully faded to the back you'll struggle to hear them.
Thanks @GreenPants.

Question 3 wasn't a trick. I found the fader on the OEM music app as you mentioned but n poweramp app I couldn't find a fader.i think you have answered though in point "1" mentioning using the built in music app to "prime" the system - correct?

I've upgraded front door and dash speakers to JDM three way system and the rear speakers to bigger alpines so sounds a lot better. Only issue is they put the holes for the rear speakers in a dumb place so bigger speakers span over the padded panel joins so doesn't look quite right.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #1076
nzer

Further to the above @GreenPants I have heard of an app called llama https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ab.Llama&hl=en

I wonder if the llama app could have a command to start poweramp on startup. And then have a command that says if radio is on turn poweramp off.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #1077
mrlizard

Thanks to everyone again I have gone back over and re read it all (skimmed parts) again

This is not going in my 86 it is going in my Work ute as I spend a lot of my time there. So the TUN21A will fit a lot better than the T7019A

I have read in this topic that the TUN21A can be rooted as well. Now I'm not that advanced with this stuff and only have a Mac computer. Can I still root it on a mac?? or would I be better sending it to one of you guys (if you are willing and accept gifts ) to do it for me.

I just really don't want to brick it and have unusable product.

This one is the TUN21A
http://www.tradesolution.hk/e/ptxweb...duct/1265.html

And this is the eBay one looks to be the exact same by the looks of it in looks and specs.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190805873...84.m1423.l2649

Oh and the green lights will suit my car

Last edited by mrlizard; 09-03-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #1078
nzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlizard View Post
Thanks to everyone again I have gone back over and re read it all (skimmed parts) again

This is not going in my 86 it is going in my Work ute as I spend a lot of my time there. So the TUN21A will fit a lot better than the T7019A

I have read in this topic that the TUN21A can be rooted as well. Now I'm not that advanced with this stuff and only have a Mac computer. Can I still root it on a mac?? or would I be better sending it to one of you guys (if you are willing and accept gifts ) to do it for me.

I just really don't want to brick it and have unusable product.

This one is the TUN21A
http://www.tradesolution.hk/e/ptxweb...duct/1265.html

And this is the eBay one looks to be the exact same by the looks of it in looks and specs.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190805873...84.m1423.l2649

Oh and the green lights will suit my car
The TUN21A is what this thread was set up for so you're good to go! I discovered the root files also work on the T7019A but as mentioned they were designed for the TUN21A.

Just follow the @2forme instructions in post 1. You just need to use your computer to put the files on the micro SD card. The rooting is done when you put the SD card in the unit itch the right files rather than by using your mac.

Suggest using the files here rather than in post 1 though as @GreenPants has fixed.http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=1027

The risk here though is that @GreenPants set these files up for the T7019A and not the TUN21A. Over to you which files you use but I think either option will work.

This was the first unit I have ever rooted and the guys on here gave me the knowledge and courage to try it. Give it a go!