follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #57
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
Do you always read just one page of a book?
Not always.

I just read that single post of yours in this thread, and nothing else. Because I can.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #58
starscream1201

Drives: 2015 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Was going through the drive thru at Arby's one day and I pulled up to the window. The guys checking out my car and says "dude that's such a dope Tc!" I was like uhhhhh thanks but it's an frs..."oh man those are like my favorite cars I want one so bad". Just shook my head in complete confusion and drove off before I even got my food. And then more recently, my little sisters chickens got out of their coop and I come home to six of them on my frs. Scratched the hood, bumper, front driver side fender, fender badge panel (Not sure what to call that, where the 86 badge is stuck to), roof, and truck. And now I have a freezer full of chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
starscream1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to starscream1201 For This Useful Post:
covance (04-17-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #59
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream1201 View Post
Was going through the drive thru at Arby's one day and I pulled up to the window. The guys checking out my car and says "dude that's such a dope Tc!" I was like uhhhhh thanks but it's an frs..."oh man those are like my favorite cars I want one so bad". Just shook my head in complete confusion and drove off before I even got my food. And then more recently, my little sisters chickens got out of their coop and I come home to six of them on my frs. Scratched the hood, bumper, front driver side fender, fender badge panel (Not sure what to call that, where the 86 badge is stuck to), roof, and truck. And now I have a freezer full of chicken.

lol those poor chickens should have seen it coming

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:17 PM   #60
Pat.Thornton

Drives: 2014' 86
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I have too many to count

Where i used to work there was an enormous parking lot with mostly empty spaces, and i would park in the spot as far away as possible from the place to get away from everyone. Well there was a coworker who was "into" cars, and really liked my 86. He would talk to me sometimes and he thought it was cool to park next to me because he had some pos tc and though we were scion bros (fuck scion). I didn't think much of it at the time but one day he opens his door and it hits my car so hard it leaves a dent almost all the way down my door. The worst of it was 1/4 inch deep and 3 or so inches long and it went almost all the way down the door. The dude says its not that bad and ends up quitting the job and i never heard from him again. Asshole.

Another (also at work) happened when my genius coworkers decided to have a football catch in the parking lot next to my 2 week old car, it ended up landing on my roof and put a nice football dent in my roof. Again assholes

The last one i can think of right now was my fault. It was the beginning of fall and i park under an oak tree and in the span of two days the acorns put hail like damage on the roof, hood, and trunk. Luckily insurance cane through but that was a pain.

Needless to say i haven't had the best luck these past two years haha.

If i think of others ill post em up

Pat.Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pat.Thornton For This Useful Post:
Bowen (04-16-2016), Clipdat (04-29-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-02-2016), ShadowReaper (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 10:20 PM   #61
zberz

Drives: 2015 Lightning Red BRZ
Back when I drove a Boxster, I went to a bar/liquor store one night to pick up a six pack of beer. On my way out, getting into my car, some drunk middle-aged woman comes stumbling out with the help of some guy. As soon as I start my car I hear "Baby! He's got a Ferarri. Go kick his ass!" To which he replied "Shut up and get in the car." At least one of them was sensible.

sent from my phone using black magic
zberz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zberz For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-15-2016), Clipdat (04-29-2016), ShadowReaper (04-15-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 07:59 AM   #62
MidwestFRS

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Trust me. This dude's comment was real. On his defense, he did make that judgement from about 50 feet away since I park so far.
I just got asked this week if I drive a Tiburon...
Greddy Evo GT exhaust / 5 AD lip spoiler / Enkei EKM3 Wheels / Muteki SR35 lugs / Rokblokz / Avest sidemarkers with signals / DiodeDynamics switchback turn signals / euro armrest / Greddy PVD shift knob
MidwestFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #63
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestFRS View Post
I just got asked this week if I drive a Tiburon...
I knew I wasn't the only one lol

BTW: How do you like the Greddy Gt Exhaust?

Old 04-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #64
MidwestFRS

Quote:
I knew I wasn't the only one lol

BTW: How do you like the Greddy Gt Exhaust?
I Iove it, sounds deep and just loud enough for me without any drone. Install could have been easier... Had to drill/grind with a Dremel the holes out for the bolts to fit in the cat pipe.
Greddy Evo GT exhaust / 5 AD lip spoiler / Enkei EKM3 Wheels / Muteki SR35 lugs / Rokblokz / Avest sidemarkers with signals / DiodeDynamics switchback turn signals / euro armrest / Greddy PVD shift knob
Old 04-17-2016, 08:40 AM   #65
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestFRS View Post
I Iove it, sounds deep and just loud enough for me without any drone. Install could have been easier... Had to drill/grind with a Dremel the holes out for the bolts to fit in the cat pipe.
Ok. Yea I had to ask. I was in between Greddy and the Dezod but some people on the forums said it wasn't loud and dissapointed and a bunch of people scraped, so I went with dezod. I'm loving the Dezod, it's sorta the same concept for sound as well.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:42 AM   #66
MidwestFRS

Quote:
Ok. Yea I had to ask. I was in between Greddy and the Dezod but some people on the forums said it wasn't loud and dissapointed and a bunch of people scraped, so I went with dezod. I'm loving the Dezod, it's sorta the same concept for sound as well.
That's good, definitely does not scrape unless you are lowered then it will. I have gone over all kinds of very large speed bumps etc and no issues
The Following User Says Thank You to MidwestFRS For This Useful Post:
ShadowReaper (04-17-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #67
pfaffendorn

Drives: 2014 ssm BRZ Limited 6M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButeraFRS View Post
3 kids were climbing on my car while I was at work. A coworker went to yell at them and their parents came out yelling at her for telling them to get off my car.

Imagine that.
Oh, I can imagine it. I was walking along a country road, a very short distance from home, when two large dogs ran off their property and attacked me, drawing blood from my leg. A woman came out of her house, called the two dogs inside, and slammed the door shut, leaving me standing in the road bleeding. I assume I was in violation for walking past her house on a public road. Not to worry, the sheriff had a nice little chat with her, and when she swore the dogs had been vaccinated, he drove straight to the vet's office and was told she was lying. The dogs didn't have to be put down after their quarantine, but now they are chained up, all day, every day.

Hey, maybe that's the answer for those kids?
Old 04-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #68
zberz

Drives: 2015 Lightning Red BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfaffendorn View Post
Oh, I can imagine it. I was walking along a country road, a very short distance from home, when two large dogs ran off their property and attacked me, drawing blood from my leg. A woman came out of her house, called the two dogs inside, and slammed the door shut, leaving me standing in the road bleeding. I assume I was in violation for walking past her house on a public road. Not to worry, the sheriff had a nice little chat with her, and when she swore the dogs had been vaccinated, he drove straight to the vet's office and was told she was lying. The dogs didn't have to be put down after their quarantine, but now they are chained up, all day, every day.

Hey, maybe that's the answer for those kids?
You're a nice person.

sent from my phone using black magic
zberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #69
SeratoBeats
Herbie The Love Bug

Drives: BRaz
LOL

The frustration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo95eg6 View Post
Someone once called it a FR-S.

I'm still shaken up about it to be honest...
SeratoBeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:19 PM   #70
SmartedPanda

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited Manual. 2014
I did something to my own car that I just remembered, basically a Craftsman Jack stand failed on me due to operator error or manufacturers, I don't know.

It bent two of my jack welds to hold up the car, one is bad enough it actually caused my front fender to stick out. (If you look it's actually attached to the front fender, who knew?) It's very noticeable to my OCD ass.
[| Blox 490 Knob | Mishimoto Silicon Intake | K&N Filter | DD Always-On DRL | Tomei 60S | Weather Tech | RED USDM TOM's Tail Lights | OEM Underbody Panels | Intec High Mount Brake | RexSpeed Heated Wide Mirrors | TC105N 17x9 | Super Sport 245/40R17 |TRD Quickshifter | Porsche Brake Air Duct | TRD Sliding Armrest| OEM Knee Pads | MTEC Shifter Springs| WRX OEM Oil Cooler| Generic PVC Catch Can|]
SmartedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote