follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldy View Post
How long was that log?

The knock events didn't look terrible I thought. It would help to see fuel trims and so forth.
No, they do look very bad, especially for E85. -1 from time to time is expected on any fuel -2 or -3 is not, that indicates the ecu had to continue to pull timing over a duration to stop the "knock event"

Fuel trims are a minor concern when your throwing -2 and -3 feedback correction events.

@swe-gt86 - do you have a fuel tester, do you know for sure what blend ratio you are on? Also, you would do well to post an actual log file as well as the screen shot, there is only so much detail you can see from the screen shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-mike View Post
40 degrees of peak timing at WOT is a bit excessive IMO...not that it is necessarily causing your issue but we stopped making power way below that on e85.
Yes, many degrees before that.. 40 degrees is surely beyond mbt and could be to the point of hurting the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldy View Post
He had 7 knock events over 13 minutes or so. I had about 17 or so over 30 minute cruise around town and what not. mostly -1 knock. But I did have one instance that it hit -3 and once that it hit -2. Never once did the IAM Value drop infact it kept rising. So my theory and I'm still waiting on @FA20Club.com to respond to my logs that it wasn't real knock. It was picking up bumps in the road ect and reporting it but the knock sensor was not seeing enough to pull timing?
I have seen an occasional -1 from bumps etc, unless you have some clearance issues (metal on metal) i would be looking for a tune revision to see if it may clear up those events larger than -1.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
swe-gt86

Drives: Toyota gt86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well guys, as comes to mr visconti i trusted him when i send him this log and he told me "It looks good"... Luckily for him hes not living in my small country. Ive driven this car like this since i got this in july. Think my engine need some new spark plugs and coilpacks atleast... Yes the fuel was pure e85, they dont mix e85 on summers.. Thanks for your help guys.
swe-gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
Tansey86

Drives: 2003 Subaru Outback
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
"Looks good"
Old 09-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #18
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swe-gt86 View Post
Well guys, as comes to mr visconti i trusted him when i send him this log and he told me "It looks good"... Luckily for him hes not living in my small country. Ive driven this car like this since i got this in july. Think my engine need some new spark plugs and coilpacks atleast... Yes the fuel was pure e85, they dont mix e85 on summers.. Thanks for your help guys.

I think your best bet is go to to a local tuner.

Looking on ecuteks website these folks should be able to help you out

JRM Racing AB
Mpart AB
ProMotech AB
Trollspeed AB

I have dealt with TrollSpeed Personally with my Saab(been to trollhattan) and I have heard of JRM so I think maybe if youa re close to any of these people start there. Remote tuning is also very nice with the right people which I know people on this forum will be able to help as well.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #19
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swe-gt86 View Post
Here comes a better picture..
Looks like it could be tip-in knock, perhaps? All of your recorded knock correction events (especially towards the end of this log) seem to correlate with what looks like you flooring it. A log showing the throttle input might help confirm or disprove that theory.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
feldy

Drives: 2013 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post

I have seen an occasional -1 from bumps etc, unless you have some clearance issues (metal on metal) i would be looking for a tune revision to see if it may clear up those events larger than -1.
I sent logs in. I've been waiting. I'm also waiting on hardware
mad_sb (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #21
swe-gt86

Drives: Toyota gt86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
I think your best bet is go to to a local tuner.

Looking on ecuteks website these folks should be able to help you out

JRM Racing AB
Mpart AB
ProMotech AB
Trollspeed AB

I have dealt with TrollSpeed Personally with my Saab(been to trollhattan) and I have heard of JRM so I think maybe if youa re close to any of these people start there. Remote tuning is also very nice with the right people which I know people on this forum will be able to help as well.
Ive been to jrm 35min drive. I planned to let him tune my car when turbo is in plan, but now ive ordered brzedit and gona learn some more about tuning since im really intressted in it. But i wont adventure my engine so if needed i get JRM to live tune it.
swe-gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swe-gt86 For This Useful Post:
kanundrum (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Fucking visconti
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knock knock! who's there?, looks good, viscan't tuning, visconti bonfire special, viscontifried, viscontinued, what is knock correction