follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Meh, nothing too interesting. These will most likely be overpriced.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chee-Hu For This Useful Post:
IBill4You (06-02-2015)
Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #16
idanvan

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
I feel like the only piece I want is the different gauge style; I like that it keeps white numbers when even illuminated. The other interior pieces... For the Alcantara stuff I'd rather get JPM Coachworks stuff; it would actually match other stuff in the car. The STI logo on the wheel seems a bit lazy...

I do like the style of the fender garnish, but I prefer something like Prova's if only because it can actually function as a vent.
I didn't even know of the Prova ones until now. They look really awesome as well but at $400 bucks for the pair...
idanvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idanvan View Post
I didn't even know of the Prova ones until now. They look really awesome as well but at $400 bucks for the pair...

Don't be shocked when you find out the STi fenders vents are just as much, if not higher than the Prova's
Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
Nitesh31

Drives: Black BRZ Black STI
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
Don't be shocked when you find out the STi fenders vents are just as much, if not higher than the Prova's
Just like the TRD vents. They're almost 500$ on japanparts!
Nitesh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Damn how much would it cost for STi conversion
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
degrees

Drives: 6MT BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
Like I said above, the STI "vents" look to be nothing more than a stick-on trim piece that go over your factory vents. I'd be shocked if they anywhere near as expensive as TRD/Prova/JDM Brand X. At most I'd see them being $100 per side after importing. It's expensive for plastic trim pieces but they'd likely sell at that price. Just a guess though.

I'd be truly surprised if they're sold as a complete vent. It would cost Subaru far less to make it a simple trim piece rather than create an entire new set of part numbers with paint codes.

Compare your current vents to this:

Last edited by 37; 08-26-2013 at 07:31 PM.
37 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 37 For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (08-27-2013), idanvan (08-26-2013), M-17 (08-28-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,152 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
i want those recaro in black
The seats are recaro sporster cs. You can buy them in black.

As for everyone else getting excited about the parts, might want to hold back some of that enthusiasm. Not all parts released on tS cars get released to the STi catalog individually. tS cars have always been limited edition runs, and like the Scion release series, some of those parts remain exclusive (a VIN must be provided to buy replacement parts, for example). While I have no doubt that some of those parts WILL get released individually, things like the wing will most likely not.

The link that is posted is just the equipment/features list of the tS.

If those parts show up on here: http://www.sti.jp/parts/catalogue/brz_zc6/index.html, then its available for individual purchase. I believe someone had already e-mailed Yuki at Japanparts a few weeks ago already and the current official communication is that those parts will NOT be for sale individually. I do not expect to see any of those parts released individually until at least next year when they update for the 2014 STi catalog.

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #22
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 View Post
Like I said above, the STI "vents" look to be nothing more than a stick-on trim piece that go over your factory vents. I'd be shocked if they anywhere near as expensive as TRD/Prova/JDM Brand X. At most I'd see them being $100 per side after importing. It's expensive for plastic trim pieces but they'd likely sell at that price. Just a guess though.

I'd be truly surprised if they're sold as a complete vent. It would cost Subaru far less to make it a simple trim piece rather than create an entire new set of part numbers with paint codes.

Compare your current vents to this:

Exactly and if they do release them...buying them on the spot! I expect 150-200 for them probably. It does have STi stamped on them after all. We all know cherry blossom paint is expensive from Japan
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #23
manonastick

Drives: WRB ZC6
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
would love that cluster regardless
manonastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
Shinryu

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post

As for everyone else getting excited about the parts, might want to hold back some of that enthusiasm. Not all parts released on tS cars get released to the STi catalog individually. tS cars have always been limited edition runs, and like the Scion release series, some of those parts remain exclusive (a VIN must be provided to buy replacement parts, for example). While I have no doubt that some of those parts WILL get released individually, things like the wing will most likely not.

If those parts show up on here: http://www.sti.jp/parts/catalogue/brz_zc6/index.html, then its available for individual purchase. I believe someone had already e-mailed Yuki at Japanparts a few weeks ago already and the current official communication is that those parts will NOT be for sale individually. I do not expect to see any of those parts released individually until at least next year when they update for the 2014 STi catalog.
I'd expect anything with "専用" (Exclusive use) in its name to be unavailable, but only time will tell...
gt8613 (08-26-2013), Trap63 (08-28-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #25
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
I'd expect anything with "専用" (Exclusive use) in its name to be unavailable, but only time will tell...
Yup, I emailed Japanparts for the STI fender trim and I believe others like @Beyer Subaru might have inquired about other tS parts in the recent past and JP replied to us saying the parts are not attainable. When parts become available for purchase for the BRZ, STI always posts an MSRP. The new links in the OP *do not* contain any MSRP. Also, STI maintains a parts news site which is the most direct way I know of to see STI's latest parts availabilities. I used to visit it religiously when STI was trickle-releasing parts I wanted for the BRZ. As soon as STI would post a new part, I'd email Yuki. The new part would then become "live" in Japanparts' catalog usually within a few minutes/hours of my emailing and the same night as STI's posting.

Before we can get those tS parts, we may need to see STI post it on their parts news site first: http://www.sti.jp/news/2013parts.html. If you want it bad enough, you'd visit it daily (I used to).
Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #26
iMIXTPE

Drives: LR Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
why does it not have the daytime running lights over the fogs?
iMIXTPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #27
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMIXTPE View Post
why does it not have the daytime running lights over the fogs?
Maybe the Boomerang LED is now the daytime running light. Or simply because racecar
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #28
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Spoiler looks nice, but those seats are better.

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
it sucks to be broke, sti omg!