follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
StOpNG0x

Drives: Firestorm MT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Strange engine noise during startup (Video inside)

I'm hoping after viewing this video you guys can hear this odd noise I'm referring to over the regular "chatter" of the engine that happens at least once a week and goes away after driving. It doesn't do it every time on start up/idle and sometimes after driving a few miles and stopping at a light I can hear it and it eventually goes away.

Let me know what you guys think...

Turn your volume up*

It sounds like something is sputtering and making a weird noise I don't know how you'd describe this...

StOpNG0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Sargy
Long Distance Driver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Throwout bearing.

I have it also, dont really know what to make out of it but after the bearing warms up you wont hear it, heard this in many other cars, part of how a manual trans works, it can be replaced under warranty, but dealers MIGHT give the same reason. Need more input from others. Sometimes its louder than usual.

But it could also be the gearing that needs to warm up as well, I will report back after switching out my trans fluid.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
naking

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine AT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sounds like the noise I hear rarely after driving for a long time (an hour or so). Took it into the dealer but said they couldn't hear it, and to bring it back if I notice it again. Have heard it a few more times, but not as often as I used to
naking is offline   Reply With Quote