follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
aFe POWER

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New aFe Takeda Momentum Carbon Fiber Intake System For 13-15 Scion FR-S & Subaru BR-Z

aFe POWER is excited to be a bigger part of FT86club.com! Looking forward to talking about FR-S performance, and help in any questions you guys and gals may have on our products.

Hopefully you are aware of the existing Takeda Momentum Intake Kit we offer, and we are excited to present you with a new version, the Takeda Carbon Fiber Momentum Intake System. This kit does have some differences to the other kit, including a larger 8.5” tall inverted top conical 360 degree free flowing performance air filter, and is still available in both the Pro 5R oiled filter media and our Pro Dry S oil-free media.

Our Takeda intake is clear coated to protect both the 2x2 Twill weave carbon fiber intake tube and housing, to preserve the intake when you first installed it. We use premium hardware in this intake system, by using stainless steel T-bolt clamps and a silicone coupling which are used for strength and durability as well as maintaining a positive seal that lasts.

We designed the Takeda momentum to not only perform and look great, but we also kept in mind a more simplified install, by designing our intakes with fewer parts. Meaning less time wrenching and more time driving!
You can see an increase of +10HP and +7lbs x ft of torque with our intake system. We also removed the factory sound tube, for a more natural sounding intake. The best part is no tuning was done to achieve these numbers.

The Takeda carbon fiber momentum intake not only increases power, but it outflows the factory intake by 64%!

Also Fits:
13-14 Subaru BRZ H4-2.0L
12-14 Toyota 86 H4-2.0L
12-14 Toyota FT86 H4-2.0L
12-14 Toyota GT86 H4-2.0L

Website Link: http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...s&&brandID=137

Quick Data Points
• Stunning Carbon Fiber intake tube and housing, reduces weight while retaining the factory fit and function, and is track tested for maximum durability.
Gains of +10 HP/+7lbs x ft. Torque
• Outflows the factory intake by 64%.
• Choice of either Oil-Free, washable/reusable Pro Dry S air filter for maximum convenience or Oiled Pro 5R filter for maximum flow.
• Complete bolt on system, no cutting or drilling required on OEM parts for easy installation. Our customers report typical install times less than 45 minutes.
• Removes the factory sound tube, for a more realistic sounding intake system.
No tuning required to achieve gains.

Our Takeda Carbon Fiber Intakes are now available, and you have the opportunity to be one of the first to get it.

Check out some of the CAD/3D images from the engineers:

Dyno Chart and Intake Air Flow Chart

aFe POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aFe POWER For This Useful Post:
Choco (03-15-2015), Teseo (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
2much
I wanna go fast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
ooooh shiny
2much is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2much For This Useful Post:
Choco (03-15-2015), raven1231 (04-28-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #3
aFe POWER

Yes very shiny
The Following User Says Thank You to aFe POWER For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (04-28-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
JohnnyGT86

Drives: 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How much?
JohnnyGT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #5
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
I remember posting this a long time ago in the Toms Intake that costs 2 grand. I thought it was just a chinese rip off used as a shell. But I guess its real then. I didnt s ee a price but I remember seeing a wholesale price on the site I was on as it was a chinese supplier/site like alibaba.

I remember it was around like 750-1300 for this. Might of been a whole sale price too. I remember seeing this posted along with many other intakes that were only in japan at the time. LOTS of parts we have no idea of on japanese bidding sites.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...75&postcount=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
Just bc I am bored. They even have an all carbon fiber AFE intake for a grand lol.

They got some stupid and funny shit in there though but its just for entertainment.
The afe carbon fiber chinese copy
http://en.agreetao.com/taobao/view/id/36693733118
Guess I was wrong. lmao. This really was an AFE product made by them. Might as well just drop another grand to get the toms intake if you want some shiny carbon fiber. At least its more functional than paying 500 more assuming if they sell it at that price for some carbon fiber. Honestly I woudnt buy this buy many people would. However there is one difference I noticed. They removed the sound tube attatchment in this version. Perhaps what I posted previously was a test model or some sort.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
aFe POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGT86 View Post
How much?
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...-R&brandID=137

Here is the link on the price, but to be honest this is pretty well priced for a Full Carbon Fiber intake for sure. PM me if your interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
I remember posting this a long time ago in the Toms Intake that costs 2 grand. I thought it was just a chinese rip off used as a shell. But I guess its real then. I didnt s ee a price but I remember seeing a wholesale price on the site I was on as it was a chinese supplier/site like alibaba.

I remember it was around like 750-1300 for this. Might of been a whole sale price too. I remember seeing this posted along with many other intakes that were only in japan at the time. LOTS of parts we have no idea of on japanese bidding sites.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...75&postcount=9

Guess I was wrong. lmao. This really was an AFE product made by them. Might as well just drop another grand to get the toms intake if you want some shiny carbon fiber. At least its more functional than paying 500 more assuming if they sell it at that price for some carbon fiber. Honestly I woudnt buy this buy many people would. However there is one difference I noticed. They removed the sound tube attatchment in this version. Perhaps what I posted previously was a test model or some sort.

Nope, our intake system was 100% engineered by us. They very are alike so one could mistaken we copied their design. But we can in fact say we did the designing and testing there
JohnnyGT86 (03-12-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 12:52 AM   #7
FR-Sizzle

Drives: brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aFe POWER View Post
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...-R&brandID=137

Here is the link on the price, but to be honest this is pretty well priced for a Full Carbon Fiber intake for sure. PM me if your interested

Nope, our intake system was 100% engineered by us. They very are alike so one could mistaken we copied their design. But we can in fact say we did the designing and testing there
Its not uncommon to see a shell of your design being resold without its labeling. Especially when you arent making it domestically. I doubt this is a coincidence this was selling months before you guys even planned to announce it. Japan prices are a little more on the expensive side though for parts if you compare their pricing for the same parts to our pricing.

Either way not bad tbh 600 is what you already pay for a sard intake pipe not counting shipping/tax too.
FR-Sizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #8
aFe POWER

Yeah it is more common to see now a days sadly.

Cost I think is very reasonable for a full CF intake system. I know one of our employees at aFe really enjoys his.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:07 PM   #9
aFe POWER

Taking orders for this very reasonably priced all Carbon Fiber intake!
Old 03-18-2015, 02:09 AM   #10
zooki

Drives: waiting on a 2021...
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So, will you be offering this "new & improved" design in regular ABS plastic so people that don't want or need the "Bling Factor" can take advantage of the increased power?
1999 Ford F250 Powerstroke, the tow rig
1969 Mustang, the fast car....(:
zooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #11
aFe POWER

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooki View Post
So, will you be offering this "new & improved" design in regular ABS plastic so people that don't want or need the "Bling Factor" can take advantage of the increased power?
We do have the non carbon fiber version available if that is something that interests you.
zooki (03-18-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:03 AM   #12
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
the real question is how many jdm / scene points to I get for having this?
"I love dinosaurs so much that I’ve based my life on burning as much black melted dinosaur flesh as I can on a daily basis...even the screaming sound of prehistoric reptilians being burnt through any of the classic Japanese four cylinders gives me great joy."
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #13
aFe POWER

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmtigers View Post
the real question is how many jdm / scene points to I get for having this?
Haha, that all depends on who has one first I bet you would tho!

Last edited by aFe POWER; 03-19-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:15 PM   #14
aFe POWER

Bump

Tags
afe power takeda, br-z, carbon fiber, fr-s, intake